CPC Rounders on Small Crown Group Buy Interest (1 Viewer)

If we were to do a CPC Rounders Group Buy on small crown, should we:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d say keep close to original but with slight modifications as required. If it’s something completely different it might be harder to come to a consensus.

As much as I love the funny redos, I like staying as close to original as possible.

inlays-jpg.208403

I like it when 3 of my chips are used as stock samples!

It's a dead heat between the new spots and colors vs different inlay picture and the Flounders aren't too much behind. Cast your votes now and let your voices be heard.

If it's a different inlays then they're not Rounders are they? Myself I don't see the point then and would rather go 100% custom.

Yeah, a group buy has to be generic enough yet also pulls on your heart strings....hence Rounders. I'm sure there will be other good ideas down the line but I want this to be my first CPC GB set. But I am surprised that its so evenly distributed among traditional color and new color votes.

Could the group buy consist of both, option 1 and 2 if enough are interested in each? Sort of like primary and secondary? Don’t you only need to order a minimum of 100 of each? Keep the inlay the same across the 2. In full disclosure, I’ve never ordered CPC and don’t know the exact limitations.

Could the group buy consist of both, option 1 and 2 if enough are interested in each? Sort of like primary and secondary? Don’t you only need to order a minimum of 100 of each? Keep the inlay the same across the 2. In full disclosure, I’ve never ordered CPC and don’t know the exact limitations.

Or we could do a Cash set and Tournament set. I've always wanted a playable tournament set of Rounders so I'll focus on keeping the same color scheme as the original TRK Rounders for T25 to T1K and add a slightly more colorful T5k, T25k and Bounty chips.

Someone else can design a more colorful, fancy Cash set. Any chip designers want to take up this challenge? Post your cash denomination mock ups here. And we'll start getting this project on the road.

Does anyone know if we will be able to buy the current CPC stock rounders chips on the small crown mold?

Does anyone know if we will be able to buy the current CPC stock rounders chips on the small crown mold?

That's a great question. Here we are trying to re-invent the wheel. How do people feel about the CPC stock Rounders colors?

I'm just coming into this, so apologies but is this still happening?

I would be in for .25 x 100 if the design looks good and fits with my current rounders CPC set.

View attachment 208506

Here's an idea for the tournament set. Just need to add a T25k.

Godzilla, I like your mockup quite a bit... the spot progressions... and particularly the bolder brighter base color of the 5K. I don't understand why often times the 5K chip is darker, duller, more muted than the lower denoms! The higher denoms should be the easiest to spot, especially as the felt is so often a darker color.
What would the T25K look like?

Couple things I would change from the above though:
Lighten the base color of the T500 chip to a lighter purple/lavendar so it doesn't get as lost stacked next to the darker value of the T100's.
I would also lose the $ symbol if it's for tournament set.
And lastly, the white background of the inlay could use a simple secondary design element to give it more dimension and make it less stark. Maybe just a gradation of color (either neutral grayish or same color as chip base color) toward the edge of the circle?

View attachment 208506

Here's an idea for the tournament set. Just need to add a T25k.

Godzilla, I like your mockup quite a bit... the spot progressions... and particularly the bolder brighter base color of the 5K. I don't understand why often times the 5K chip is darker, duller, more muted than the lower denoms! The higher denoms should be the easiest to spot, especially as the felt is so often a darker color.

Lighten the base color of the T500 chip to a lighter purple/lavendar so it doesn't get as lost stacked next to the darker value of the T100's.
And lastly, the white background of the inlay could use a simple secondary design element to give it more dimension and make it less stark. Maybe just a gradation of color (either neutral grayish or same color as chip base color) toward the edge of the circle?

Glad there is renewed interest in the Rounders Group Buy. From the polling, it looks like we were split between keeping traditional colors and all new colors. If we could get interest in 6000-8000 group buy, I think we can move ahead.

I am leaning towards keeping traditional TRK Rounders colors for T25-T1k and doing fancier spots for T5k, T25k and Bounty chip. What do you guys think?

You should have some time to figure it out if you guys want to do the group buy. You just missed the scrown mold run at CPC, as they are currently producing those custom sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom