Rounders CPC replica chips (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a really rough MS paint mockup:
racer96-albums-rounders-replica-info-picture18406-rounders06.jpg

"really rough"
I guess your wife is too busy to help today :D :D

So who owns the scroll mold, and where is it currently located? I saw that PGI recently offered up for sale ($10K) the one they purchased from Hispania. Is there more than one mold in existence?

So who owns the scroll mold, and where is it currently located? I saw that PGI recently offered up for sale ($10K) the one they purchased from Hispania. Is there more than one mold in existence?

There are two molds. The one PGI has ex-Hispania was from Spain and only used locally there.

The one we have was purchased by me from the retired owner of John Huxley, and is the one that was used at the Burt Co for 40 years to produce all the well known European and Caribbean chips. At the same time I bought the 44mm and Jockey molds from him. (I actually bought them a month before we bought the ASM assets).

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

And current location is on the shelf about 10 feet from the presses :D

I'd probably be in for a small set too with the .25, 1, 5's and 25 denoms. I hope we can get these to look as close to the original as possible color and inlay. I loved those chips!

Whole center has collapsed. Not visible to naked eye, only by touch or measurement.

Okay, I know it's been discussed before, but in light of recent FDL developments....

How much to a) repair or b) replace the Roman mold? Dunno if a) is possible, and I'm sure that b) will be very costly -- but I gotta ask. :)

Okay, I know it's been discussed before, but in light of recent FDL developments....

How much to a) repair or b) replace the Roman mold? Dunno if a) is possible, and I'm sure that b) will be very costly -- but I gotta ask. :)

You have to admit that ^this^ would be sick.

Are samples of the scroll mold available yet (or will they be available before the order period closes)?

It appears that the original spot patterns are a level 2, correct. thanks in advance. Just trying to figure out rough final cost and then I can commit to a number.

Are samples of the scroll mold available yet (or will they be available before the order period closes)?

You may not have followed all the threads. The molds have never been used by us and we will only undertake the costly exercise of preparing and installing them if there is sufficient uptake from this order period.
Samples can only be produced once the molds are installed for the production run, so they would be available for anyone interested in future orders on them.

I have spoken with David at CPC and have been given the go ahead to start an interest thread on a Rounders, Teddy KGB replica chip set.

To me, the chips in Rounders are second only to the WSOP chips on my want list. I've contemplated more than once on doing a replica set, and even did a Canadian Rounders re-label set on the Roman mold. Unfortunately, the Roman mold is no longer fit for use, however that meant I was able to get permission on something equally nice.

The original artwork that JimB used for the chips in the movie will be used for this set! The chips will be produced on the scroll mold. The scroll mold is my favourite CPC mold available for use at this time. I have a small quantity of ASM produced scroll mold chips (JimB ASM) and they are AWESOME. (I own sets on the following molds, for comparison purposes, A mold, B mold, Circle Square, Diamond Square, Elephant and Crown, Fleur de Lis, H mold, Hourglass, Horsehead Right, Roman, and 44mm A mold)

I am not certain yet if this will be an actual group buy , where all chips ordered will be through myself, or if CPC will allow separate orders.

My current plans are to deviate somewhat from the Rounders chips and here is what I am looking at doing for myself.

$25 chip , Green 314 DG Peach (this changes from the 414 spot in the movie)
$100 chip , Black 414 DG Green
$500 chip , Blurple 614 DG Arc Yellow (this changes to Blurple from ? in the movie)
$1000 chip , 44mm Scroll DG Saturn Yellow 514 Blue (might go with a different blue for the spot, not sure yet)
$5000 chip , 44mm Scroll Maroon 514 DG Pink (not set in stone on this, open to suggestions)

THE ONLY THING THAT IS SET IN STONE FOR THIS PURCHASE
- Inlays to be JimB's originals
- Mold is to be scroll

So, if you want to do different colours, spots, etc, so long as you can make the minimum quantity, it's a go.

Now, does anyone else want to play some poker with some of the most famous chips ever?

Mike

Placeholder for further info

I had tried to add a second post right after the first, but it only allowed me to 'edit' the original post. Anyways, here's some more thoughts / info :

David mentioned that the scroll mold has not been used yet by CPC, and thus, similar to the FDL mold rebirth, he is wanting to get a few thousand orders in, to make it worth while for them to run this.

Timeframe would likely be ~3 months or so. There are orders in line already, so these would be placed after those.

If some people from Canada are afraid of shipping charges, I can re-ship them from Canada. However there would be a shipping cost from CPC to me, and then me to final destination.

If some people only want sample sets, they can piggy back onto my order, and I can send those out if needed.

I am most likely in for ~800 39mm chips and ~300 44mm chips

Here's some of the actual props from the movie:
rounders01.jpg

and
rounders05.jpg

I believe these are also props:
Rounders02.jpg

and here was a mockup I found on CT:
rounders03.jpg

of course, that mockup is on a different mold, and is not the correct artwork.

A really rough mockup:
racer96-albums-rounders-replica-info-picture18406-rounders06.jpg

Mike

Really not sure about the Maroon for the $5,000. I would have gone with imperial blue.
People are going to want the $1's. They already have 1/4 inch dg pink spots.

You may not have followed all the threads. The molds have never been used by us and we will only undertake the costly exercise of preparing and installing them if there is sufficient uptake from this order period.
Samples can only be produced once the molds are installed for the production run, so they would be available for anyone interested in future orders on them.

OK thanks, I figured this was a similar case to what you offered for the FDL mold but I hadn't seen that explicitly stated (though it looks like the OP has been recently updated to clarify that point).

This?

Very Interested.

In for at least a sample set.

But most likely would be in for a 600 piece set.

140 - 25
160 - 100
100 - 500
160 - 1ks
40 - 5ks

All 39mm i think is around $972? Someone correct me if I am wrong. That is going with 414, 614 and 1/2 pie spots. Possibly thinking of having the 5ks be 44mm but not sure yet.

Jake

I will be in for only a shuffle stack of the cheapest of each sized chip. 14 of each size. As I am interested in the scroll mold for my custom set I am planning.

I think I would be in for 400 X 39mm and probably 20 X 44mm. This is biting into my custom chip reserves pretty good, but I don't think I can pass up on this bit of history

I would be in for a heads up set with following breakdown if someone needs a few more chips to meet minimum. No changes to colors or inserts.

39mm chips

$25 x40
$100 x40
$500 x10
$1000 x8
$5000 x 2

Last edited:
Most likely in for 1,000 give or take cash chips including an imperial blue quarter with 314 white edge spots.

breakdown subject to change but thinking:

200 quarters
200 ones
500 fives
80 twenty fives
20 hundreds

what is the rough timeline for payment? 100% upfront or 50% like some of the other group buys?

why.. OH FRIKEN WHY does this have to come around when I am about to shell out money for a custom CPC set? :(

but a good sample set of about 5-10 each denom would be awesome

I'd like to get one (1) $5 chip with the original colors (red w/ dg yellow?) and spot pattern, anyone ordering those and willing to ship to Finland pls keep me in mind. :D

Nothing yet.

Was going to try and start a commitment thread in the next few days, just have been rather busy.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom