CPC Rounders on Small Crown Group Buy Interest (1 Viewer)

If we were to do a CPC Rounders Group Buy on small crown, should we:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Godzilla28

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking for interest in re-doing the whole line of Rounders on small crown mold from CPC. But this time I want to put some color and fancy spots on them. We're going from grand dad's 300 HP 1959 Thunderbird to a 2019 Corvette ZR1 with 755 HP!!

I helped with a few group buys before but I haven't done any design or colors schemes. Who's interested?

Couldn’t commit until mock up and price but either way good luck I’m excited to see the end product!!

There is no volume price break from CPC. So other than sharing the cost of the inlay design, which I don’t think there really is as CPC has the rights to the design there isn’t any real benefit to doing an actual GB.

Creating chip design threads is a great idea to refine your custom set of course.

Now I want a rounders set.

Figured this thread needed some chip mockups. I’m currently just excited at seeing the scrown mold in the tool. I can’t stop myself from mocking up a million different sets. I’m an addict ok.
8E7F38C9-0469-490D-9332-BC8143DE8BEB.jpeg

@Godzilla28 what are you doing to me?! In all honesty though I'm interested, especially if the design turns out great. But also to be honest it'd probably be a small order.

There is no volume price break from CPC. So other than sharing the cost of the inlay design, which I don’t think there really is as CPC has the rights to the design there isn’t any real benefit to doing an actual GB.

Definitely true... not that anyone would buy a custom set thinking about selling it but if there were a bunch of identical custom sets out there it would make resale or increase the size of your existing set in small portions easier.

Now I want a rounders set.

Figured this thread needed some chip mockups. I’m currently just excited at seeing the scrown mold in the tool. I can’t stop myself from mocking up a million different sets. I’m an addict ok.View attachment 208076

I love where that hundo is heading.

And has anyone asked if a large order of 6 to 8000 chips would garner some discount or bonuses? @David Spragg

I love where that hundo is heading.

And has anyone asked if a large order of 6 to 8000 chips would garner some discount or bonuses? @David Spragg
I know for a fact that there are no discounts. When I did the hot stamp GB the prices were the same. The only thing we saved on was being able to spread the cost of the HS dies across more chips.

Edit: I think we did over 14,000 chips

I’d normally always agree with this comment, for the most part tributes aren’t my thing, but if you are resurrecting an old school mold, I feel like you are almost obligated to do a tribute. Otherwise, just pick a different mold.

That being said, I would like to see lots of tributes and lots of original ideas come to fruition on the scrown mold.

Last edited:
If the stars align right, I will most likely do my own custom set (finally!). But if we're doing a group buy, it makes sense for something familiar but not reachable for most collectors. The previous lot of TRK Rounders are concentrated in only a handful of collections. This would be a great opportunity for the regular chipper to have and play with a set of Rounders on the small crown mold. That's all.

The previous lot of S-Crown Rounders. Or the TRK Rounders. If these new ones get made, they’ll be S-crown CPC Rounders. Also, I’m concerned that the people who have busted their butts (and paid out the wahoo) will have their sets devalued if this current batch gets made. I acknowledge and appreciate your collective enthusiasm, because they are fantastic chips, but maybe a little more thought needs to go into this.

The previous lot of S-Crown Rounders. Or the TRK Rounders. If these new ones get made, they’ll be S-crown CPC Rounders. Also, I’m concerned that the people who have busted their butts (and paid out the wahoo) will have their sets devalued if this current batch gets made. I acknowledge and appreciate your collective enthusiasm, because they are fantastic chips, but maybe a little more thought needs to go into this.
This is a point already brought up several times since David's announcement regarding filling in other TRK sets. This is going to be the reality and I really think it is ok. As you said these will be CPC scrown. It's unrealistic to ask people not to buy what they want out or percieved market value. Especially when you are asking them to help keep something they might buy more expensive.

All collector values go up and down all the time. Talk to any other collection niche. Ultimately the TRK scrown will hold a certain value over CPC scrown.

Last edited:
Reactions: BNM
I respectfully disagree, and would hope David wouldn’t produce exact replicas of existing chips without the express written consent of the owners of the original artwork.
Of course he won't, he is completely professional and a smart business person. He does own the KGB bear artwork. He owns the scrown molds.

Edit - @Chippy McChiperson I do want to add that I respect and value your opinion on this. It's great we can have the discussion to better understand our points of view.

Last edited:
I’m almost certain David and CPC own the right to the Rounders Bear design. He has said in the past he can’t or won’t make exact replicas of the movie version. But will use the bear design with a different color denomination or something like that.

He does stock replicas for sale now. So I would imagine the same design would be made available on the Small Crown mold.

The chips will be different. The colors won’t be the same and the material is very different. Also inlay size would be different and the edge spots won’t be the same either.

Just because they will be on the same mold doesn’t make them the same chips.

Nobody is confusing CC dunes with Paulson Dunes.

4184EF22-C182-4E53-986B-727F26D2DD25.png

Sorry, but the notion that the availability of CPC Rounders on the small crown mold will devalue the original TRK versions in any way is almost laughable.

By necessity, they will be much more different than similar -- smaller inlays, glossy inlays, different colors, different spots, and different materials producing different weight, feel, and wear characteristics.

Sorry, but the notion that the availability of CPC Rounders on the small crown mold will devalue the original TRK versions in any way is almost laughable.

By necessity, they will be much more different than similar -- smaller inlays, glossy inlays, different colors, different spots, and different materials producing different weight, feel, and wear characteristics.

Laughable? I think its a reasonable concern, but it's nice to know that you are at least consistent in your condescension and refusal to consider other people's viewpoints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom