Full House
Supporter
Supporter Plus
Reaction score

Countdown16.png

Countdown13.png

Countdown12.png

Countdown15.png

| EDIT | Adding 6 based off of live feedback!

Countdown17.png

Last edited:
You want the vote in a vacuum or relative to the whole lineup? If it's the latter I feel like 3 and 4 are the only choices.

relative to the whole lineup.

I'm not un-moveable on the 1 and 5, but these are where I'm at right now.

I like 3 or 4 but would keep working on the 1 and/or 5. Don’t like consecutive denoms to share colors. Why do the frac and 5 have shaped inlays but the 1 doesn’t?

I like 3 or 4 but would keep working on the 1 and/or 5. Don’t like consecutive denoms to share colors. Why do the frac and 5 have shaped inlays but the 1 doesn’t?
Round is a shape! I like the default ;), the frac may have the cog, but I'm not set on those yet

4 is definitely the leader for me, but doesn't seem to fit nicely with the 1 and 5. Maybe if you added a brighter color to the 1/5 then the 4 could work. I voted none.

I similarly don't love Lt Blue on both the $1 and $5 even though each of those chips is gorgeous. I would look for a different color or even just a different shade of blue.

Remember, I'm a pain in the ass. I answer these questions based on my preference.

The colors look great. Are these in order, frac, one, and five? The "flow" of the colors feel off to me. If these were to be locked in. I would prefer the charcoal/white as the frac and the purple as the one. The base colors and spots would flow better chip to chip.

I say that, but that isn't what I did with my set. I was hyper focused on the one and five. I built everything else around it. Basically, if your happy, fuck what I have to say lol.

FINAL.png

IMO, you seem a bit all over the place. What I would do is pick your workhorse chip and make that one your favorite. Whatever you want that one to be, do it… then build off of that. And ask yourself what’s important to you. Spot progression? Spot colors? Base colors?

IMO, you seem a bit all over the place. What I would do is pick your workhorse chip and make that one your favorite. Whatever you want that one to be, do it… then build off of that. And ask yourself what’s important to you. Spot progression? Spot colors? Base colors?
I know, I can't help it!

What is the inlay going to look like? theme?
I was thinking I would use a 'The Icarus' theme I used in my ceramics, I like the name, the ideology, but I would start over on the artwork. I would reuse or use something close to the 'font'. Inlay would be mostly just a name or very simple image and a denom. I also want to use the Presidential Matsui plaques as the 20 and 100, which are 'gold' and green. I do like the dayglow tiger, but I think the dayglow peach is better, although I would prefer a fakeshore 5, but I'm concerned the yellow 5 will clash with the 'gold' 20. I can't do a Vegas color scheme, I hate the color red lol .. and dislike a white 1

20220131_174103-01-jpeg.856357

imag2115-jpg.847934

@chipinla a few people were warning me about dayglow yellow and seeming to be washed out, so I was looking at DG Peach. I love this line up but don't know how it would play with the plaques and the gold. I could always put in another order later for some 20s and 100s.

What's the thoughts on this?

Countdown21.png

@chipinla a few people were warning me about dayglow yellow and seeming to be washed out, so I was looking at DG Peach. I love this line up but don't know how it would play with the plaques and the gold. I could always put in another order later for some 20s and 100s.

What's the thoughts on this?

View attachment 868649
I have a peach base chip and it’s amazing. Highly recommended. I wouldn’t use light blue twice unless if it was for a specific reason.
Per my comment earlier about your workhorse chip… what is that one? Color, edge spots, etc? I feel that if you have at least ONE non-negotiable chip in your lineup everything is is easier to help fall into place. Just my opinion.

Thoughts?

Countdown28.png

Countdown30.png

Countdown31.png

Attachments

• Countdown27.png
    Countdown27.png
    211.6 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

^^this is great advice^^

Right now it feels like you're spit-balling every aspect of the design, and are getting completely tossed around as a result. My advice would be to step away from the chip designer for a week or two. Don't think about coming up with clay colors or spots, or about particular inlay design elements. Think about what you really want out of the set - a theme, a style, a particular chip you love (and why you love it) and how you might incorporate / base a workhorse chip around it. Have a private chat with a chipping buddy or two to bounce around some ideas, or even just head out with an old friend for a beer and mention it, maybe that will spark an idea. Get something a little more set first, then pick back up with the rest of the design. Otherwise you're going to spin yourself round and round and will almost certainty get completely frustrated.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom