CPC Hot Stamp Tourney Chip Interest - Design and Name Poll (1 Viewer)

What is your Favorite name for a CPC hot stamp tournament set

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The stamp has to be custom made for each name, and that's where the total price skyrockets. By running it as a GB, the cost is spread out over 10s of thousands of chips. It's just not likely that this could even be remotely an option without increasing the cost.

Ah, yes, I misunderstood the "stock die" concept. I thought CPC had a series of letters (a-la old school type setting) that they could change out and do this. I think I am mistaken in that. Still, per the website, stock dies cost between $50 - $150. So, if there were 3-4 designs, then that cost could be spread out among those wanting that die. Or, for simplicity, among the entire order.

Anyway, just an idea to try and garner more orders as most of the names suggested hold no appeal to me so I wouldn't be a part of the GB if they were the only option.

Ah, yes, I misunderstood the "stock die" concept. I thought CPC had a series of letters (a-la old school type setting) that they could change out and do this. I think I am mistaken in that. Still, per the website, stock dies cost between $50 - $150. So, if there were 3-4 designs, then that cost could be spread out among those wanting that die. Or, for simplicity, among the entire order.

Anyway, just an idea to try and garner more orders as most of the names suggested hold no appeal to me so I wouldn't be a part of the GB if they were the only option.

I was thinking the same thing, but in reality it's way more than $50 - $150. Remember, that price is PER DIE. So if you need denominations of 25, 100, 500, 1000, 5000, then you'll need 5 dies. Then there is a die change-out fee per order. $26 for the first die install, then $10.50 for each swap out - so figure $68 there for labor (per design). For one design you're talking about $650-$750 in die fees alone. If there were 5 total designs, now you're talking $3,500-$4,000 in die fees. It adds up quick.

You'd probably need a total order of 20,000 chips to make it cheap enough to get everyone on board. I'm not saying it can't happen...

With 3 names/design options and a 20,000 chip order you could theoretically get the total die costs down to $0.10 - $0.13 per chip.
With 4 names/design options and a 20,000 chip order you could theoretically get the total die costs down to $0.12 - $0.16 per chip.

With 5 names/design options and a 20,000 chip order you could theoretically get the total die costs down to $0.16 - $0.20 per chip.

Which, now that I think about it, isn't that bad for offering multiple chip name options. Maybe we can put this to a vote?

It would be cool to have numerous options for PCF-CPC "house" hot-stamped tourney chips that any forum member could buy at anytime. Of course this assumes they meet the minimum order requirements, and also assumes the OP - @David O - allows the dies to be used by any member at any given time. Community Dies? Can we make this happen?

Last edited:
well the poll above suggests a few things. Other than the obvious fact possibly a little more than 26.4% live on the Atlantic, 20.8% live on the Pacific the clear winner here is The Forum. At almost 40% mind you. Which is a much higher percentage found for any one candidate in any election. Why not find a cleaner font and work with it?

At almost 40% mind you. Which is a much higher percentage found for any one candidate in any election.

But that discounts almost 15% of voters. We need a separate poll with the top 3-5 to properly evaluate interest in the top names. I mean, if you had a final vote breakdown of 38-32-30... why not offer multiple options?

Reactions: BNM
But that discounts almost 15% of voters. We need a separate poll with the top 3-5 to properly evaluate interest in the top names. I mean, if you had a final vote breakdown of 38-32-30... why not offer multiple options?
True. But I think it will be easier to sway the un's to a cleaner single idea than skew the math to support the costs involved in what will amount to a substantially higher cost for multiple options

True. But I think it will be easier to sway the un's to a cleaner single idea than skew the math to support the costs involved in what will amount to a substantially higher cost for multiple options

PS: Those numbers aren't even accurate... there are a total or 111 votes and 21 is the most for one single name. That is only 19%.

PPS: Is $0.12 per chip really that "substantial" given the flexibility it would offer to the forum, and its members? On a 1,000 chip set, you're talking a $120 premium. We spend more on ultrasonic cleaners for crying out loud. :p

Reactions: BNM
well the poll above suggests a few things. Other than the obvious fact possibly a little more than 26.4% live on the Atlantic, 20.8% live on the Pacific the clear winner here is The Forum. At almost 40% mind you. Which is a much higher percentage found for any one candidate in any election. Why not find a cleaner font and work with it?

I was under the impression that the other names mentioned would also get an opportunity to be voted on.

PS: Those numbers aren't even accurate... there are a total or 111 votes and 21 is the most for one single name. That is only 19%.

PPS: Is $0.12 per chip really that "substantial" given the flexibility it would offer to the forum, and its members? On a 1,000 chip set, you're talking a $120 premium. We spend more on ultrasonic cleaners for crying out loud. :p
What is this .12 per chip you speak of did I miss something somewhere

What is this .12 per chip you speak of did I miss something somewhere

See my post #212 above. If we get a total order of 20,000 chips, we could theoretically offer 3 name/design/stamp options for an extra $0.12 per chip (approx.) to cover die fees. Not trying to hijack DavidOs GB... just putting it out there.

And if the total order is more, the per chip cost just goes down from there.

See my post #212 above. If we get a total order of 20,000 chips, we could theoretically offer 3 name/design/stamp options for an extra $0.12 per chip (approx.) to cover die fees. Not trying to hijack DavidOs GB... just putting it out there.

And if the total order is more, the per chip cost just goes down from there.

That is a lot of chips though!

Agreed - 20,000 is a 50¢ per chip expectation. Small sets being nabbed as impulse buys. Nothing rolling out of CPC is an impulse, except for members who are also on VanGoghArtForum.com

I would anticipate something closer to 15,000, but I'd be happy to be wrong.

20,000 is only 40 sets of 500 chips, or 20 sets of 1000, or 34 sets of 600 .....that doesn't seem that crazy of a number to hit. I could be wrong as well.

Can't remember what the scroll rounders totals were, that might be a decent metric

20,000 is only 40 sets of 500 chips, or 20 sets of 1000, or 34 sets of 600 .....that doesn't seem that crazy of a number to hit. I could be wrong as well.

Can't remember what the scroll rounders totals were, that might be a decent metric

I realize we haven't gauged order quantity interest yet, but yes, I think 20,000 is doable. Having a standing thread for 3-4 custom CPCs offered by the forum - that anyone could buy/addon at any time - would be pretty eleet.

Super late to the party on this one, but I would be in for a set of 600

Depending on the design I could see going to more.

Last edited:
Some slightly updated options
image.jpeg

Ok so I have been lurking in the background for a while trying to see what would come out of this. I am not sure what came out of @Poker Zombie 's poll but I am not sure we are any closer to a resolve. First If anyone wants to continue with this it is okay. I was only trying to help structure a group buy since @David Spragg gave us an opportunity to use a hot stamp and basically change the name at a great cost.

The original idea was to get a name and proceed with an order. This would be the easiest and quickest way to get a semi-custom set done. Since the first post we all went in different directions which is easy to do because everyone would like a nice custom set and we all have different like and dislikes. So now we find ourselves back at square one.

If we can get back on track I do not mind facilitating a group buy although we would all have to agree on a name that works for everyone and quit going off in to other directions with custom stamps.

Please be aware this is not my group buy per say. It would be more of a community ran group buy which I would be glad to facilitate

If you are still interested or serious about going forward with an order and plan to purchase at least 500 chips you can reply to or maybe like this post. If there are enough that will participate we can go forward. If not we can close the thread.

Thanks for your understanding.

David

It's time for a new poll to start narrowing down the list. Multiple ways to do this, but it'll almost certainly have to include a series of polls (brackets). Not sure how many votes or names are on the other excel spreadsheet (I could never see the results) but the narrowing has to start somewhere. Anyway, depending on the length of the list (seems it could be humongous) give people 3-5 votes in the first round. Any names that achieve a certain percentage move to the next round. Then repeat, giving people less votes and raising the percentages, until you are down to the last round and folks get one vote and the highest percentage is the winning design.

And, since we're at it, I've thought of another name suggestion:

The Farm

Last edited:
If we do brackets here are my suggestions:

-only vote for a name you'd actually pay for.
-NO discussion in those bracket threads (keep that here until we have a winner?)
-divide all names into 4 groups.
-Can only vote for 1 name in each group.
-If there is no name you'd pay for in a group you dont vote in that one

I just heard a saying for the first time: "He's a riverboat gambler". It was an NHL radio show referencing a GM who isn't afraid of taking big risks for big rewards.
I wasn't crazy about either of these names separately, but together in this context is pretty cool and could be appreciated by anyone.
Not only people who like riverboats or gamblers.

How about The RiverBoat Gamblers Club? Aka degenerates club lol.

I copied this from urban dictionary:

riverboat gambler
alludes to one who takes undue risk, wagering on the outcomes of inconsequential events and activities either for money or out of compulsion
Sylvester bet me that the next automobile to pass on Route 66 would be a turquoise Chevy Colorado. He is a riverboat gambler.
#degenerate #player #professional #compulsive #bettor

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom