CPC General discussion thread (16 Viewers)

I order 5-10 extras per denom. Workhorse chips are in the 10 category. Low use chips and high denom bank chips are in the 5 category. None of my CPC sets support more than 2 tables so there's no reason for me to expect a high frequency of losses.

I ordered what I needed + sample sets + 10. The extras helped me weed out split-spot chips, and then were offered up as sample sets later down the road.

Lots of new chippers will pop up over time, and comment on your set. It's nice to be able to still have samples you can hand out to collectors and fans.

Per conversation with David, I would not count on any solid spares.

I treat bonus chips as just that; a bonus. I assume I'll receive zero. If more than that come I'm pleasantly surprised.

I've never ordered solids from CPC (chips must have spots ;) ) so I can't speak to bonus extras there. I'd just trust what Dave says in that regard.

To get 4 chips you have to have a minimum order of 400. does that mean you have to have 4 chips 100 each or can you break down your chip c*nt like 200, 100, 80 20 across the 4 chips

Has anyone seen an effective way to do seating chips on CPCs? We use seating chips to avoid tension around seating even in our cash games. I am trying to figure out a way to do seating chips. I actually have a couple sets of a gear labels with the seat numbers which I could use after popping out the inlay on one side of the chip. Or perhaps I could stamp or brand the inlay on one side of the chip. Has anyone seen any good implementation of seating chips on CPCs?

Has anyone seen an effective way to do seating chips on CPCs? We use seating chips to avoid tension around seating even in our cash games. I am trying to figure out a way to do seating chips. I actually have a couple sets of a gear labels with the seat numbers which I could use after popping out the inlay on one side of the chip. Or perhaps I could stamp or brand the inlay on one side of the chip. Has anyone seen any good implementation of seating chips on CPCs?
I went the Gear label on one side route for mine. Am satisfied.

85A_7484r.jpg

Gear is definitely the way to go for seating chips. CPC won't do 30, 40, or 50 different inlay designs unless we're doing a large group buy order for seating chips, and even then they wouldn't be happy about it.

Gear is definitely the way to go for seating chips. CPC won't do 30, 40, or 50 different inlay designs unless we're doing a large group buy order for seating chips, and even then they wouldn't be happy about it.

Yes, I was definitely operating on that assumption. But I guess I am curious whether or not there was a not so obvious smart trick to leave white space on the inlay and mark it somehow and have it look more high quality than something like a Gear replaced inlay. If there was some high quality durable way to stamp the inlay I would prefer that over a replaced inlay (since I am going CPC to get away from replaced Paulson inlays in the first place).

Yes, I was definitely operating on that assumption. But I guess I am curious whether or not there was a not so obvious smart trick to leave white space on the inlay and mark it somehow and have it look more high quality than something like a Gear replaced inlay. If there was some high quality durable way to stamp the inlay I would prefer that over a replaced inlay (since I am going CPC to get away from replaced Paulson inlays in the first place).
Looking at @Nex ’s pic makes me think anything you could do to a cpc inlay won’t look as clean and nice as the relabel.

Looking at @Nex ’s pic makes me think anything you could do to a cpc inlay won’t look as clean and nice as the relabel.

I would love to see something that was stamped or branded like the way the PCF Matsui (?) limited edition dealer buttons were numbered. I get the argument that it wouldn’t look as clean, but on the other hand I am going CPC to do factory customs and a brand or stamp like that may “feel” more authentic.

I mean, maybe if you put “seat” On the inlay and left a blank space for where a hot stamp/branded number could go? And then just stamp/brand a number into the inlay? The texture would be inconsistent. But maybe it could work. Not sure how cpc inlays would react to heat.

Last edited:
Anyone know the turn around time right now for chips on the A-crest mold with level 1 spots and no Inlay? I'm looking to order 300.

Thanks

Is there any Information on when the next run on the Horse Head mold will be? My order went in Nov 2020. I knew it would be a while and my province is under tyrannical lockdown so there's no poker game on the near horizon unfortunately. A rough estimate back at time of order was May/June but i'm guessing that has been delayed a bit?

Last edited:
Is there any Information on when the next run on the Horse Head mold will be? My order went in Nov 2020. I knew it would be a while and my province is under tyrannical lockdown so there's no poker game on the near horizon unfortunately. A rough estimate back at time of order was May/June but i'm guessing that has been delayed a bit?

I haven’t asked yet, but I was poking around on their website and the Atlantic HHR chips has a note the 5’s are currently out of stock to at least July. I don’t know if that is new or that’s been there a while and will be delayed even further.

I haven’t asked yet, but I was poking around on their website and the Atlantic HHR chips has a note the 5’s are currently out of stock to at least July. I don’t know if that is new or that’s been there a while and will be delayed even further.
well observed....that gives a rough timeline thanks.... Maybe for Halloween :)

Has anyone done S-Crowns with shaped inlays?

I am thinking that the inlays would look too small relatively speaking on that mold. Also, are most S-Crown sets done with 1" inlays?

Has anyone done S-Crowns with shaped inlays?

I am thinking that the inlays would look too small relatively speaking on that mold. Also, are most S-Crown sets done with 1" inlays?
IMO, S-Crown only looks good with 1” inlays. If CPC offered shaped 1” inlays, they would have all of my money.

IMO, S-Crown only looks good with 1” inlays. If CPC offered shaped 1” inlays, they would have all of my money.
This is what I’m thinking but would like to see examples to confirm if there are any. I had always wanted to do an S-crown set but my love of shaped inlays would probably trump mold choice.

View attachment 679547

I agree about the 1” inlays looking the best, but these are killer.

Oh interesting. These do look fanatic but I think it’s in large part due to the quarter pie. I think with more traditional edge spots that end around where the crowns are and would leave more negative space would look very different.

Most of all TRK inlays are 15/16", so right between the 7/8" & 1" options offered by CPC. There are some combos and spot patterns that work with the smaller inlays IMO, but for the most part, I agree that the 1" inlays look better, and most shaped inlays with most spot patterns look too small on this mold.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom