CPC - Broken Shield's Color choices (1 Viewer)

What option

• Option 1 - Mix

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Option 2 - Non

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Option 3 - Weigthed

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
Looking good! With the color changes you have made on the shield, I now think the ring around the shield may be too big.
Thanks man! There is some minimum distance from art to the end of the sticker 1/16 of an inch. I think I will keep the ring a little bit wide than that maybe around 1/10 of an inch. I feel with that the inlays speak more together front and back now.

For fun here are the three logos for the full process that Im working with
Berzerk Island is the name of the room
Screenshot 2023-02-26 at 19.14.55.png

Standard tournament set (Future plans, ceramic hybrids most likely)
Screenshot 2023-02-26 at 19.14.28.png

And then the special event set that is now in the process and will be the first set
Screenshot 2023-02-26 at 19.14.40.png

So shield is a little bit bigger,
some spots have changed
Shield Master line spacing fixed
I will have a designer go over the centering and placements but I think the design is ready.
maybefinal.png

Do go on, a little more info for planning is needed…
Thought is to have a quarterly tournament,
For your future plans It has crossed my mind to set down a 2024 or 2025 event that would be a PCF event. If there would be interest

So thinking about adding an 100K chip what do we think, Tiger vs Pink?
pink100k.png
orange100k.png

First off, If you like them that’s all that matters but I can’t stand the use of CPC “tri-moons” on every chip. It’s not even “tri-moon” it’s “half circle” I still don’t like that CPC calls it tri-moon.
F148B6B2-675F-40CF-9A1B-0581316F3C28.jpeg

And the use of two of the same colored edge spots with a different on the third is odd to me. If that’s actually a vintage thing from the past, I still don’t like it.
But again, it’s your money and your chips and all that matters. But you asked for opinions.

Have you taken a look at what others have done with CPC sets? I highly recommend it to anyone making a CPC set. Helps with inspiration and to see colors and edge spots in action.
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/chipdb/categories/custom-sets.2/

Last edited:
First off, If you like them that’s all that matters but I can’t stand the use of CPC “tri-moons” on every chip. It’s not even “tri-moon” it’s “half circle” I still don’t like that CPC calls it tri-moon.
View attachment 1090929

And the use of two of the same colored edge spots with a different on the third is odd to me. If that’s actually a vintage thing from the past, I still don’t like it.
But again, it’s your money and your chips and all that matters. But you asked for opinions.

Have you taken a look at what others have done with CPC sets? I highly recommend it to anyone making a CPC set. Helps with inspiration and to see colors and edge spots in action.
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/chipdb/categories/custom-sets.2/
Thanks for the reply,
I understand the love for Tri moons or half circles are not for everyone. The one spot different is something I have thought about carefully and I like due to the name Broken shield so one spot is broken. I have most certainly looked at many CPC custom sets here on the site and when I played with the Suicide Queens I fell in love with the mold.

I really like tournament sets to have same edge spots and while I understand this design is a little bit odd and different that makes me like it more. As long as Im not risking dirty stacks or making some design mistakes in the inlay Im in love with them. This set has been 4 years in the planning and Im happy to be so close to ordering.

But again thanks for the feedback and for looking out for a potentially new chipper to make mistakes

I didn’t read all the posts but do you run tournaments with different starting stacks? Meaning one day you’ll run a T25 with 10k-25k start stacks and the next time do a high roller T500 where everyone starts with 100k-500k?
My point is unless you do you’ll most likely never use a 25k or 100k chip in the same tournament where blinds start at 25/50.
Apologies if this was mentioned earlier.

Design wise I like set 1 but I can understand about the weighted vs unweighted chips. I've never had a chance to see CPC chips so I don't know how big or if there a noticeable difference between them.

I didn’t read all the posts but do you run tournaments with different starting stacks? Meaning one day you’ll run a T25 with 10k-25k start stacks and the next time do a high roller T500 where everyone starts with 100k-500k?
My point is unless you do you’ll most likely never use a 25k or 100k chip in the same tournament where blinds start at 25/50.
Apologies if this was mentioned earlier.
Yes I do, up to 150K starting stacks in high roller night

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom