Votes: 20 51.3%
  • #3 xD / 21A / 414 / xV Mixed

Votes: 12 30.8%

• Total voters

BearMetal

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
As part of the original CPC Bourbon Thread, with much help from PCF and great appreciation of my fellow chippers, I've narrowed my designs down to 3 candidates. I'd like to throw up a vote thread to see what people generally like. Yes, I know that these are gonna be my chips and if I wanted them to look like a clown on coke, then that's my business. But I am curious what expert PCF members think and where their tendencies lie.

Please note: The colors in these mockups are the actual colors I've chosen based on the samples. They look completely different in the renderings, so don't worry about commenting on the colors. I'm mostly interested in the spots/design/progression.

#1 xD / xV Mixed
1607368984692.png

#2 xV
1607369031719.png

#3 xD / 21A / 414 / xV Mixed
1607700265026.png

Last edited:
I'm shocked right now that xV-Style is leading the pack! I honestly thought it was going to be done until I found the 2TA18 that goes on the $1 so nicely.

Thanks for voting everyone!

Ok, I'll be honest here; I'm happy #1 is losing by a huge margin. It was my least favorite of the 3.

#2 and #3 are awfully close. Both hurt the wallet with either an L4 frac or an L7 $1. But I don't care; I'm in this for the long haul and I expect to be buried with this set!

Only 13 votes... Come on people ;)

We're deadlocked at 8 votes each for #2 and #3. xV got off to a big lead, but #3 caught up.

I'm still mixed as well... I love both.

Thanks for voting @Quicksilver-75! Yeah, I like aspects of the chips in all 3. For me, the xV style frac spot in #2 is almost a must-have. But I also am finding it hard to part with the 2TA18 style of #3's $1 chip. It's a real nail biter. I think it was @Irish that mentioned that not using some variation of spots is kind of wasting the amazing options that CPC offers (hence #3).

xV-style inches ahead by 1 vote. I think I'm still leaning toward that one right now. Looking to place the order before the EOY... what will it be???

Option one looks the cleanest of the three, IMO.

Hmmm - so it's clean b/c it's not as busy? Or it just breaks things up and doesn't have repetition?
Not as busy and flows the nicest, IMO. I'm not a fan of the blocky looking spot on the green chip in the third choice. On the second option, the purple frac spot just looks weird to me.

My actual vote if you would consider mixing and matching?

Purple frac from option #3
Green chip from option #1
Red chip is same across the board which is fine, I like that design
Yellow chip from option #1 and #2
Brown chip is same across the board

The progressions from the 1D14 and 2D14 and 3V12 and 3V12318 spots just looks really nice and clean.

Not as busy and flows the nicest, IMO. I'm not a fan of the blocky looking spot on the green chip in the third choice. On the second option, the purple frac spot just looks weird to me.

My actual vote if you would consider mixing and matching?

Purple frac from option #3
Green chip from option #1
Red chip is same across the board which is fine, I like that design
Yellow chip from option #1 and #2
Brown chip is same across the board

The progressions from the 1D14 and 2D14 and 3V12 and 3V12318 spots just looks really nice and clean.
1607748764969.png

That's for voting everyone! Looking to place the order soon; I'm currently leaning towards option #2.

Asking a favor of anyone watching this thread; can you post imagines of any xV style chips that you have? I'd like to see how they come out compared to the rendering...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom