CPC: Black vs Charcoal (1 Viewer)

What colour do you like more?

• Total voters

CarlosStorm

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm designing my cash set and I've played a lot with the CPC editor and my CPC color set, but not sure about black vs charcoal.
In general, I love black chip, but Charcoal is a fascinating color in my opinion.
This is a general question, no matter the other chips in the set. I've added some images of my own design, only as orientation.

4c4452ab-82fe-44d9-853e-2aeeb919c09f.png

439530a0-8520-47c6-9e50-a30f44224170.png

Thanks to everyone, I know you love polls :)

As stand-alone chip, I like more the black base, because it provides even more contrast with that edge-spot color.
Knowing where you 're coming from, I voted for charcoal, which, by the way, offers many more opportunities.

Beyond the above, all chip colors depend on the felt color they 're going to be played on.

I think it totally depends on which edge spot colours you’re using and what the rest of the lineup looks like
this. Hard to judge just in isolation.

Beyond the above, all chip colors depend on the felt color they 're going to be played on.
also a very valid point. what colour is your felt?

Last edited:
Had to judge just in isolation.
Yes, I know, but I like to listen to other opinions. I think both options have pros and cons.
Black is better for contrast with edges and the other chips, but Charcoal is a beautiful color, very elegant, and special.
what colour is your felt?
My current felt is blue, but I have to renew them, for sure before I have my new chips from CPC...

Yes, I know, but I like to listen to other opinions. I think both options have pros and cons.
Black is better for contrast with edges and the other chips, but Charcoal is a beautiful color, very elegant, and special.

My current felt is blue, but I have to renew them, for sure before I have my new chips from CPC...
I dont think you can go wrong with either option but with a single colour spot that you have posted, I would go with black because of tje increased contrast.

My preference is for a black chip, rather than charcoal, but for some reason, as soon as there is some black in the edge spots on the charcoal chip, that’s my favorite!

To cast a meaningful vote I'd want to see the rest of your lineup. I've used both colors and think each fills an excellent space in any set depending on those around them.

My two CPC sets:
DPR1.pngSWT1.png

To cast a meaningful vote I'd want to see the rest of your lineup. I've used both colors and think each fills an excellent space in any set depending on those around them.

My two CPC sets:
View attachment 831357View attachment 831358
This is the thread of my set:
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/cpc-black-vs-charcoal.83563/

And this is the last version, at this moment :) : Charcoal vs Black
MU_LV_v26b.png

034de2df-7536-4a53-902f-763661cefcf4.png

Another option for the charcoal, is to change Dg Pink for Dg Tiger:
9495a025-48a8-4d74-a81e-afbe630e860a.png

Very cool. IMHO CPC charcoal is a softer color but not so much that it'll make a huge difference in your set. Black however will have a sharper contrast with the dg pink spots which is good. Also it'll make for nice splashed pots with the nickles as well as dollars.

My vote is black given the rest of your set, but both are good choices.

Seem like most are voting for black, I hope you can dig deep and find your inner Groucho Marx and do the right thing ahahahaa

Recently I've seen where someone ordered an 'extra' chip at the rate of 10% of that color chip and then had a different label, as it is a 'special edition' chip. You might consider doing this. Bascially adding another chip with a variant on the label but same denom.

I like the DG pink better

inner Groucho Marx
I'm not good at English, I'm not sure if this is positive or negative... :rolleyes: :unsure:
I have my heart divided because I like Charcoal how to flow in my set, but I think it will better the black chip in play. So, for art --> Charcoal, to play poker --> black.

Bascially adding another chip with a variant on the label but same denom
I don't have enough budget to do that :(
I like the DG pink better
I think the same, although I love Dg tiger as a color, and is a pity not to use it in a chip.

i prefer the charcoal in a vacuum, but black just works better for contrast with the rest of your set

Groucho Marx was a comedian, best remembered for pessimistic remarks.

Groucho Marx’s letter of resignation to the Friars’ Club: “I don’t want to belong to any club that would accept me as one of its members.”

It was just my way of saying anti ad populum (against the majority) and go with Charcoal =D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom