Rounders Cologne (CPC) - CSQ-Mold (1 Viewer)

And nothing's gonna take that away from you ever. It has not been done before at the time you designed your set, you were the OG who put in the effort to discover this good looking set combination - this sort of data is well documented on this forum.

Now with this sorted, what's the best validation that your efforts to find a beautiful new color scheme were actually successful? Some virtual hand clapping? No, that's cheap. But someone else splurging a few grand to have something similar? That's what I would call mission accomplished.
I couldn’t care less about any of that. I didn’t put in the effort to make the set for accolades. I’m only commenting because it’s my set the comments in here and the OP are referencing.

I’m confused, are people arguing over the green chip being the same as Jeeps? Or that the tri moon edge spot set design is a copy? The first I can sort of see an issue the second is absolute horse shit. The Cali rounders set had a similar design and I’m sure tons of people have toyed with all tri moon sets over the years but just haven’t pulled the trigger (myself included). Don’t care how nice someone’s set is no one owns the colors and combinations from CPCs catalogs and there’s bound to overlap, hopefully more so by accident then purposely using someone’s chip without their consent. But that’s a hard matter to police and requires the honor system in some sense. Anyways, cool set. I like the 50c chip a lot. (Realizing it’s Jeeps chip) lol

I’m confused, are people arguing over the green chip being the same as Jeeps? Or that the tri moon edge spot set design is a copy? The first I can sort of see an issue the second is absolute horse shit. The Cali rounders set had a similar design and I’m sure tons of people have toyed with all tri moon sets over the years but just haven’t pulled the trigger (myself included). Don’t care how nice someone’s set is no one owns the colors and combinations from CPCs catalogs and there’s bound to overlap, hopefully more so by accident then purposely using someone’s chip without their consent. But that’s a hard matter to police and requires the honor system in some sense. Anyways, cool set. I like the 50c chip a lot. (Realizing it’s Jeeps chip) lol
1685309852075.gif

As a newbie, this is a very interesting thread. What is the typical protocol in this instance? Do people post chip designs to establish a copyright? Are you allowed to copy chip colors but not inlay designs or is everything up for grabs or nothing at all? I certainly have found inspiration in many chip designs and there are elements I would like to emulate in my chip designs but at the same time I want to be respectful. I see the dichotomy of wanting to post the pride of your design yet in doing so open your designs to being emulated. Like I said, a very interesting thread indeed….

Absolutely correct... There will always be a conflict between respecting the work of others and using some of their elements for own designs/sets.

That said, the Chip Data Base delivers tons of designs including the colors and spot patterns. If people absolutely don't want their chips to be copied: why sharing all the informations? There is no Copyright on color Combos and in the ende this forum is a great source of inspiration and delivers awesome examples of great designs.

To copy a whole set with exact colors and spot patterns for each Chip is a different story. And to copy someone's inlay design is an absolut no go...

As a newbie, this is a very interesting thread. What is the typical protocol in this instance? Do people post chip designs to establish a copyright? Are you allowed to copy chip colors but not inlay designs or is everything up for grabs or nothing at all? I certainly have found inspiration in many chip designs and there are elements I would like to emulate in my chip designs but at the same time I want to be respectful. I see the dichotomy of wanting to post the pride of your design yet in doing so open your designs to being emulated. Like I said, a very interesting thread indeed….
This is a hard question to answer as there are different answers based on feelings. I think it is safe to say that total copies (inlays and colors) are a very much frowned up on without permission. Steeling inlay design is also something I would say is a very shitty thing to do in general.

About chip color combos/spots. My personal opinion is that duplicating a full set is not cool, but taking 1-2 chips is something that is hard to object to based on the limited number of great combos.

But that is only for personal use, if one is thinking about reselling or making business then you should always deal with the original designer and pay for it.

Really nice set, I like the Cologne related inlays, great artwork, and you did it by yourself, respect!
Looking forward to see it in a live game!

This is a hard question to answer as there are different answers based on feelings. I think it is safe to say that total copies (inlays and colors) are a very much frowned up on without permission. Steeling inlay design is also something I would say is a very shitty thing to do in general.

About chip color combos/spots. My personal opinion is that duplicating a full set is not cool, but taking 1-2 chips is something that is hard to object to based on the limited number of great combos.

But that is only for personal use, if one is thinking about reselling or making business then you should always deal with the original designer and pay for it.
That's what I think. If I want my $5 chip like this. And that's exactly what I want.
Should I give up on this idea because something like this has already been done 100 times?
5bb96714-cbf2-422d-84cf-e5ffba4658b6.png

If not for this thread, I would never have thought that there was even the slightest connection between the two sets...

That's what I think. If I want my $5 chip like this. And that's exactly what I want.
Should I give up on this idea because something like this has already been done 100 times?
View attachment 1204854

If not for this thread, I would never have thought that there was even the slightest connection between the two sets...
just do it if you like it, it is your personal set!
Same for me (not with this $5, but I had to realize that I am not the first who invented a certain design)
Especially the inlay design makes the difference, so do what you like!

just do it if you like it, it is your personal set!
Same for me (not with this $5, but I had to realize that I am not the first who invented a certain design)
Especially the inlay design makes the difference, so do what you like!
I dream of hot stamps, even though it's not so fashionable now... :wtf:

Wow….. during the process of finding good color combos for my next CPC set „Puffin Card Club“, I just realised today, that CPC made a mistake on the $10 chip… I ordered the spots on that Blurple chip to be light blue, dg peacock and lavender as it was correctly shown in the artwork proof that I received… but they took retro lavender instead of lavender… I never noticed it because the retro lavender on the retro red $50 chip looks darker based on the lighter colors surrounding it. Even that it turned out to be nice, its odd to see that this could happen…

I edited the colors in the first post…

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom