Copag Card Marking Rampant at WSOP (2 Viewers)

That's terrible. I'm not a fan of copag cards. I wonder what @nitzilla and other members who have played or are playing have to say about them.
TBH, I didn't see any cards with obvious marks last week. If I had seen a card with a mark like that, I would've definitely asked the floor for a deck change.

That's terrible. I'm not a fan of copag cards. I wonder what @nitzilla and other members who have played or are playing have to say about them.

I had heard of the issues before arriving, and on day 2 of the monster stack one of my tables had a marked Jack. Basically any fingernail can make an easy impression on the card causing the light to reflect off of it. One player showed the card to the dealer stating that he had seen it and then got the card again and knew what it was, so they called the floor over for a replacement Jack (I couldn't believe they just wouldn't replace the whole deck....??) and then the dealer switched to the Blue deck and someone else mentioned it was affecting most cards there too.....they (the players) kind of joked it off like "well, they're ALL marked, so it doesn't really matter". I missed last year's fiasco with the Modiano decks, but it was probably something similar.
Overall I don't think it affected play, Kings still got all in vs Aces, etc etc...but it was annoying..

DDavYGDUAAA3I0L.jpg

DDbaj4LV0AQYUif.jpg

Yeah, it was like one of those above, only 1 mark, not 40...........!! :eek:
Those would have been horrible! :(

So if Modianos have a problem, and Copags too, what should the WSOP use next year? Kems or another brand?

I've had this problem with Copags for years. I can't get more than 4-5 hours into a session before cards are marked. It's random cards and I've had this happen with different people so I know it's one specific person using their nail or something.

Then I switch to the Borgata cards (forget the MFG name). I've played like 10 sessions with them and they're like brand new. Same group that plays with the Copags.

Fuck Copag.

So if Modianos have a problem, and Copags too, what should the WSOP use next year? Kems or another brand?

I didn't follow that much but I think the card marking is much more prevalent this year and much easier to do with the Copags.

Edit: I take it back. Apparently the 2015 cards were dogshit too.

I've had this problem with Copags for years. I can't get more than 4-5 hours into a session before cards are marked. It's random cards and I've had this happen with different people so I know it's one specific person using their nail or something.

Then I switch to the Borgata cards (forget the MFG name). I've played like 10 sessions with them and they're like brand new. Same group that plays with the Copags.

Fuck Copag.

Have to agree, I used to love Copags til all the markings came about. Still use them for Gin and Cribbage around the house though.

I wonder what the Rio ends up paying, per deck, for those.
Two bucks?

I might have to try these again. First time we tried to play with them the non-standard pips drove people crazy and actually resulted in some player errors that were quite costly. This was probably 4-6 years ago.

It didn't end up being costly but I did this at MTTD which was the first time I had seen Desjgn cards in person.

Based on how I squeeze my cards I thought I had 88. It turned out it was actually 83.

I went from being happy I flopped a set to being happy my flopped pair was good, but it wasn't fun to show down the 83o that I raised from EP :oops:

Don't see any issues with the Copags myself... We had one card replaced cause it had one of the corners broke... No complains at any of my 5 tables... The issue for me was the back design with two white circles the size of the chips. The dark set cards disappeared at the table and jut looked like two white chips... Hard to see who had cards...

Btw, every year there's complain about the wsop cards, LOL!!

I might have to try these again. First time we tried to play with them the non-standard pips drove people crazy and actually resulted in some player errors that were quite costly. This was probably 4-6 years ago.
I LOVE Desjgn. However...

The non standard pips do take a bit of getting used to but there is only one I absolutely can not handle. Forget which line it is but i will never use them again only because of this one pattern. It's just not possible for me to see this as a 4.

IMG_2215.jpg

The rest of the Desjgn lines are top notch :)

I LOVE Desjgn. However...

The non standard pips do take a bit of getting used to but there is only one I absolutely can not handle. Forget which line it is but i will never use them again only because of this one pattern. It's just not possible for me to see this as a 4.

View attachment 106242

The rest of the Desjgn lines are top notch :)

Oh frick, that would tilt me so hard.

i got a set of WSOp 2016 Copags and this exact indent was made on almost every card after 2 hours of play. it was one specific player whom I called out, stop burying your fucking finger nails into the card. use your thumb, not your nail, its really simple

Definitely nail marks. The larger uniform marks are from bending it up hard against a chip. This is absolutely intentional.
I'm not a big Copag fan, but I doubt any card could stand up to this kind of abuse.
BTW, the player you called out should have been 86'ed

I wonder what the Rio ends up paying, per deck, for those.
Two bucks?

Nothing. The sponsor must handle the supply of cards, and they get no payment. They get to claim that they are the official supplier, and that might help drive business. Also, they get the cards back, and can resell them. That usually helps recoup most of the cost to produce them.

Catco Gaming - Trion series but they apparently went out of business while I was trying to gather an order.

Catco Gaming - Trion series but they apparently went out of business while I was trying to gather an order.

I think it was called Triton - right. Shame they aren't still around. Those cards were the best I've played with and I would've paid a premium for them.

I think it was called Triton - right. Shame they aren't still around. Those cards were the best I've played with and I would've paid a premium for them.
I guess that shows how subjective these things can be. I played with them at the BBOTB and I didn't like them at all. Although if durability is the concern, I can see how they'd check that box.

Yes my mistake typing on phone.

Yeah I was bummed because I wanted to try them out and they had some mega PIP that was bigger then the Jumbo. We play with a lot of old guys who don't see so well, so I was interested in getting a few of those as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom