CONUS ONLY!!! (2 Viewers)

This shouldn't matter. Buyer pays the shipping

More this than anything else. For me to ship overseas I have to fill out a customs form, then stand in line at a the post office to mail the item. I can really only do this on a SAT. morning. Sometimes this can take up to an hour. This isn't how I want to spend my morning.

Now saying this. I'll normally ship overseas. Hell, I'm even been a re shipper for a few guys that I've become friends with.
Is it not possible to print the labels yourself and just drop it off? God, USPS sucks

Was about to say the same thing. Not about to buy a printer just to ship a package every once in a while
No, I don’t have one either but the close-by inlaws do or I can just print at work

Haha yeah there is that

yep, I would have to print it off at work. The only accessible printers are in the Admin hallway (which I try to avoid). I'm not sure if you can even do this with international packages?

I’m also fortunate enough to have a 5 min walk to my local post office. A printer is superfluous. I can show up early enough most of the time to be one of the first be people there in the morning.

It is about two miles from my house. I would rather drink my coffee in my recliner on my morning off rather than go to the post office.

It is about two miles from my house. I would rather drink my coffee in my recliner on my morning off rather than go to the post office.

Can’t argue with that! Fortunately (or not) I’m a very early riser and have had waaaaayyy too much coffee by the time 8:00 AM rolls around haha

I feel like every postal worker I encounter is actually fully competant, responsible, and trying to do a good job. I've never had a bad run in with a postal carrier or the people working at the post office.

The folks standing in line at the post office on the other hand are frequently the largest collection of idiots I've ever encountered in my life.

I feel like every postal worker I encounter is actually fully competant, responsible, and trying to do a good job. I've never had a bad run in with a postal carrier or the people working at the post office.

You haven't been too my post office. It was so bad a few years ago they were under investigation due to their incompetence. They ended replacing most of their leadership. Things are slowly improving.

Today was the first time I have lost out on a purchase because of the CONUS thing, but to be honest I don't have an issue with it. If it is going to be take a lot of extra time for the seller with customs forms etc and they can sell to someone else then why bother.

However, if someone is not selling because they are concerned with the parcel getting lost then i suggest they either take out insurance or grow some balls.

Can’t argue with that! Fortunately (or not) I’m a very early riser and have had waaaaayyy too much coffee by the time 8:00 AM rolls around haha

Again, same with me. On my days off I'm usually up between 0530 and 0600. I simply can't help it. I would still rather stay home, drink coffee, binge watch the Vikings (I'm on the final season), and play with my dogs than go to the post office.

I will gladly reship for anyone that I have a relationship with on the forum (well, positive relationship lol).

You haven't been too my post office. It was so bad a few years ago they were under investigation due to their incompetence. They ended replacing most of their leadership. Things are slowly improving.
Yeah, that sounds awful.

I'll be honest when I started regularly using the post office I was pleasantly surprised by how helpful and resourceful they were on various things like shipping overseas(someone helped me repack a package into a small box to save 80$ once because the box was over some limit for international shipping and fell into a different category) and mailing important documents(IRS inquiry responses that she spotted via the code on the CO: line and recommended I use X class of shipping).

But the customers, whew, I often question if people have never mailed something before or sometimes how they even managed to get to the post office in the first place.

Again, same with me. On my days off I'm usually up between 0530 and 0600. I simply can't help it. I would still rather stay home, drink coffee, binge watch the Vikings (I'm on the final season), and play with my dogs than go to the post office.

I will gladly reship for anyone that I have a relationship with on the forum (well, positive relationship lol).

Fair enough. I’m usually up between 4:00-4:30. Today it was 3:00 :cautious:

But the customers, whew, I often question if people have never mailed something before or sometimes how they even managed to get to the post office in the first place.

Overheard a kid in his late-ish 20s try to send a small parcel one time. The kid was obviously totally clueless from his questions and reactions to his answers. At the end of his transaction he asked who was going to be shipping his parcel. I was being helped at the counter at the time and saw the looks of incredulity on the postal worker’s faces, tried my best to keep the befuddlement and scorn out of my voice and calmly told him that the US postal service would be shipping it. He genuinely thanked me and left

I'm always happy to ship outside if you cover the cost and liability of the package. Some paperwork and a wait never bothered me too much. It's minimal.
While I respect this position, every city is different. Where I am, in Brooklyn, NY, my local post office is a hot mess and during COVID, which has been especially bad here, the thought of spending even an additional few minutes waiting on those lines is just not worth the health risk. It's nothing other than that. I have shipped to Europe a few times as favors for PCF members but it always ends up being a drag. Shitty situation but the terms (at least this year) have been dictated by forces much larger than our personal preferences.

wow.........

My father in Alabama sent me a package about a month ago using USPS. The package made it to Detroit in two days where it sat for about a week. Then it left Detroit and headed to Texas, then back to Alabama before disappearing off of the radar a few days ago lol.

While I respect this position, every city is different. Where I am, in Brooklyn, NY, my local post office is a hot mess and during COVID, which has been especially bad here, the thought of spending even an additional few minutes waiting on those lines is just not worth the health risk. It's nothing other than that. I have shipped to Europe a few times as favors for PCF members but it always ends up being a drag. Shitty situation but the terms (at least this year) have been dictated by forces much larger than our personal preferences.
Hence why I said "I'm always happy to". Never said anyone else should. I don't dictate what other people do, I just show my view. I get I'm lucky that we don't have mile long lines to send out mail. If others do, they are adults and can make there own choices.... I'm always happy to reship for others if needed and they buy me a fresca.

I find the best way to buy from conus only guys is to organize the shipping yourself. Hell I even got “USA USA” @Anthony Martino to send something to Canada! ;)

unless you’re offering free shipping the conus thing doesn’t really matter though, I don’t know why it’s a thing if the buyer takes the risk and pays the shipping.

Try to get a US based member to help you receive US only packages, and then have that member send them to you later on when you have hoarded enough chips to fill a USPS medium flat rate box (most cost-efficient USPS option) or whatever other shipping method you prefer.

I've asked for it several times, and many members are kind enough to do this!
This is the way^^^^

I've saved $100s if not into the thousands of dollars, by way of a trusted member who will hoard the chips and fill MRFBs or LFRBs and make the hobby go!

It's patience, time, and trust resulting in lots of chips, less shipping costs, and even taxation and fees can be averted. That is a whole other debate.

#reshiplife

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom