CONUS ONLY!!! (2 Viewers)

No please, I dont want a 3th World Chip War... :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Just kidding.....

I already know who they are.
VnFrASeknJ3SvhkaYKIUx8QCwNDp2TRA828g4IRlKCtxo0DyMi98JW3evMg1FGJxagxgt_fwPvR2T-VCXtnWT05d8TBiGR...gif

I'm a software engineer too, ha ha, and yours calculations are wrong, these chips goes to Ireland, not Spain!!!:ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
The Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle will ensure that enough atoms move in random directions that at least a few of them should land in Spain. Sorry, I didn't have time to break out Adobe and make this animated, but in the intent was to sprinkle a splashed pot over Europe / UK.

I still ship internationally, I dont mind. But the risk of losing a package or having the package damaged is huge. And I always make sure all parties involved know upfront that 1. If you want insurance you pay for it 2. I am not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items, and do not offer reimbursements or replacements

At this point I have not had any issues shipping internationally, but I know many who have. I can understand the grievance. Also, I tend to strongly recommend paying with a credit card for any international purchases, even if PayPal shits on you, you can claim a full reimbursements through your credit card.

I still ship internationally, I dont mind. But the risk of losing a package or having the package damaged is huge. And I always make sure all parties involved know upfront that 1. If you want insurance you pay for it 2. I am not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items, and do not offer reimbursements or replacements

At this point I have not had any issues shipping internationally, but I know many who have. I can understand the grievance. Also, I tend to strongly recommend paying with a credit card for any international purchases, even if PayPal shits on you, you can claim a full reimbursements through your credit card.
I agree with you, it has to be very clear. I pay PayPal with credit card, so it could cover some cases.

Last edited:
One argument for selling only within North America is that it keeps those chips within range in case you someday change your goals and need to buy some back. Once they go from here to Europe, for example, and are (possibly) eventually offered for resale, they're generally priced so high with shipping as to be completely out of reach.

It's really too bad that even US shipments to Canada involve customs declaration forms, etc. We're supposed to have a free trade agreement. Canada Post to USA literally asks for only one line of description of goods, and then a drop down menu box for country of origin. Simple.

I use a parcel receiving service in Point Roberts WA to get around the CONUS only requirement, if it exists. It's a fairly quick 40km trip - unfortunately the border has been closed for over 9 months and will probably be many more before they would even consider opening. I wonder if they will consider allowing people who have proof of COVID vaccination through the border in an accelerated timeline.

Last edited:
Right now and for the foreseeable future I would only ship CONUS. I have an overseas APO (military address) and I'm not allowed to leave the base to use a local post office so my only option is USPS. If I wanted to send something to a chipped in the UK it has to go through so many locations including back to the states and then back overseas. Theres just too many moving parts and with that comes more possibility for failure

It's really too bad that even US shipments to Canada involve customs declaration forms, etc. We're supposed to have a free trade agreement. Canada Post to USA literally asks for only one line of description of goods, and then a drop down menu box for country of origin. Simple.

I use a parcel receiving service in Point Roberts WA to get around the CONUS only requirement, if it exists. It's a fairly quick 40km trip - unfortunately the border has been closed for over 9 months and will probably be many more before they would even consider opening. I wonder if they will consider allowing people who have proof of COVID vaccination through the border in an accelerated timeline.
The worst part is we don’t even have free trade within Canada!

One argument for selling only within North America is that it keeps those chips within range in case you someday change your goals and need to buy some back. Once they go from here to Europe, for example, and are (possibly) eventually offered for resale, they're generally priced so high with shipping as to be completely out of reach.
I see American chippers adding shipping costs just as much, if not more (except for a few specific euros).

We can't really get away with it if we want to sell chips, as it becomes cost prohibitive for prospective buyers.

Cant tell you how many times I've seen a rack do the roundabout and get $7.50 dearer each time though.

It's really too bad that even US shipments to Canada involve customs declaration forms, etc. We're supposed to have a free trade agreement.
It does not mean everything under the sun is subject to free trade. That document is 100's pages long. And regardless if you don't have to pay tariffs on the goods you're importing, they'll still be subject to sales tax just like they would if you had bought those goods here in Canada, which is why customs forms are still required. Plus the filling out the customs form can also tip off the destination country that there may be prohibited goods in the shipment that could endanger people's lives.

Just so folks know, Conus doesn't include Alaska and Hawaii. Why you wouldn't ship to those states is beyond me.

Just so folks know, Conus doesn't include Alaska and Hawaii. Why you wouldn't ship to those states is beyond me.
I used to do this too because I saw other chippers do this and I incorrectly assumed that the Flat Rate Box services were only good for the continental US. It was @pltrgyst that showed me the error of my ways.

yeah, conus is only the lower 48 and dc, it's a really odd distinction given there isn't like a great term I'm aware of that covers everywhere that is directly serviced by the usps(which is I guess why we use the term here).

As I say before, I don't want a III World Chip War, but sometimes US seems the center of the world, and maybe if we talk about chips, is true!

It's pity, but en Europe (and others continents) we can't buy good chips, and thanks of this forum, we have this chance, so today I'm more optimistic. Thanks all the chippers willing to send this treasures overseas, we love you ;):LOL: :laugh:

All the sellers writing "CONUS Only" is just shorthand for "We keep forgetting that Alaska and Hawaii are part of the US, plus CONUS sounds like we're sophisticated military operators using cool jargon"

... I mean shorthand for "US Only".

All the sellers writing "CONUS Only" is just shorthand for "We keep forgetting that Alaska and Hawaii are part of the US, plus CONUS sounds like we're sophisticated military operators using cool jargon"

... I mean shorthand for "US Only".
you mean you weren't a trigger puller before you became a house painter?

• Shipping overseas is prohibitively expensive

This shouldn't matter. Buyer pays the shipping

• Shipping overseas takes a really long time and is more prone to loss of items

More this than anything else. For me to ship overseas I have to fill out a customs form, then stand in line at a the post office to mail the item. I can really only do this on a SAT. morning. Sometimes this can take up to an hour. This isn't how I want to spend my morning.

Now saying this. I'll normally ship overseas. Hell, I'm even been a re shipper for a few guys that I've become friends with.

Now saying this. I'll normally ship overseas. Hell, I'm even been a re shipper for a few guys that I've become friends with.
Yup, I think I would definitely ship overseas to a forum member who I've had a long, good history with. Or to one who's generally regarded as a solid/reliable person. There's definitely effort involved in shipping overseas, which is why most people shy away.

Same problems in Asia Pacific... so few of us. there used to be 2 PCFers here in Hong Kong and now just me. I know of PerthMike and a few others in Australia. So have had to resort to setting up a US mailing address / forwarding service for PCF and other similar CONUS purchases eg eBay. That’s one solutions for all non-US folks like me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom