CONUS ONLY!!! (1 Viewer)

CarlosStorm

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Hi everybody!

I'm so sorry, but as a non US member (or US address owner), I'm very frustrated when in the classifieds there are a lot of posts CONUS ONLY :(:mad:.
Can someone explain to me why? I supose it's a bit more complicated to send chips overseas, but outside US we are a few chippers than love this hobby...

I don't blame anyone, you can sell our hips with the conditions you want to, but I'm a bit frustrated...

Good Year 2021 for all of you and famillies!
Carlos

I can understand; I couldn't imagine if all of the chips that I've wanted said "New Jersey Excluded". Honestly, I think it's threefold:
  • Shipping overseas is prohibitively expensive
  • Shipping overseas takes a really long time and is more prone to loss of items
  • During COVID, some people don't want to go into postal centers, so they can only ship where USPS ships to out of their house
... at least that's my take on it.

This hobby not so much, but I also sell board games from time to time. About 70-80% of the time when I quote the shipping on sending a board game internationally, that ends the transaction right there. I don't even list it as an option any more. Rona being what it is, I would also insist on a non-refundable payment method and buyer taking full responsibility of the package the second I put it in the mail. 300+ million Americans is a large enough market that I don't need international sales to get decent prices.

I do like eBay internationally. I send my package to Kentucky USA, and once it's there, the responsibility is eBay's and not mine anymore. Never one problem.

This hobby not so much, but I also sell board games from time to time. About 70-80% of the time when I quote the shipping on sending a board game internationally, that ends the transaction right there. I don't even list it as an option any more. Rona being what it is, I would also insist on a non-refundable payment method and buyer taking full responsibility of the package the second I put it in the mail. 300+ million Americans is a large enough market that I don't need international sales to get decent prices.

I do like eBay internationally. I send my package to Kentucky USA, and once it's there, the responsibility is eBay's and not mine anymore. Never one problem.
I understand that, American market is huge, don't need to sell abroad. But only think if the huge market was West Europe, and you couldn't buy the same chips with the same prices....frustrated...

I have been annoyed by this as well. Thankfully there are plenty of US members that will happily ship overseas. I have shipped and received a lot of chips to and from the US without anything ever getting lost. I don’t really see the big issue with international shipping.

I have been annoyed by this as well. Thankfully there are plenty of US members that will happily ship overseas. I have shipped and received a lot of chips to and from the US without anything ever getting lost. I don’t really see the big issue with international shipping.
Yes. I've got some chips too, but there are many many threads with CONUS ONLY with chips I like. On the other hand, can see EU member willind to sell their chips to US member (There is nothing wrong with that, of course), and sometimes I'm not able to buy to EU sellers either...

Sorry, maybe I have a bad day...

Yes. I've got some chips too, but there are many many threads with CONUS ONLY with chips I like. On the other hand, can see EU member willind to sell their chips to US member (There is nothing wrong with that, of course), and sometimes I'm not able to buy to EU sellers either...

Yeah well, when I see people who I know are CONUS only sellers throwing their dibs at EU sales it kinda rubs me the wrong way but whatever, I guess we can’t afford to be too picky over here...

It happens; frustration can build and then end up on PCF. I'll admit, I haven't shipped overseas the few times I've offered something in the classifieds. However, when COVID ends, if I am offering up something substantial enough, I would most likely consider overseas shipping. But the big "IF" here is whether the buyer is someone who has outstanding feedback here and is willing to cover extra insurance.

I think that's a large part of it; it comes down to the reputation of the buyer for me. And it's hard to say that in the posting without being offensive or coming off wrong.

The US market is huge. As a result, there is little incentive for US-based sellers to sell outside of the US, and there is a huge incentive for non-US sellers to include the US. That's just the reality of the situation.

The US market is huge. As a result, there is little incentive for US-based sellers to sell outside of the US, and there is a huge incentive for non-US sellers to include the US. That's just the reality of the situation.
I totally agree with you. At least Canada is near US and it's easier. I fact, I see there are a lot Canadian in this forum.

In Spain there is only a few members, and a few more in France and in the rest of EU, but a tiny number compare to US market.

I might only be a software engineer, but I think if we can construct a large enough floating trampoline in the Atlantic...

1609963469477.png

Hi everybody!

I'm so sorry, but as a non US member (or US address owner), I'm very frustrated when in the classifieds there are a lot of posts CONUS ONLY :(:mad:.
Can someone explain to me why? I supose it's a bit more complicated to send chips overseas, but outside US we are a few chippers than love this hobby...

I don't blame anyone, you can sell our hips with the conditions you want to, but I'm a bit frustrated...

Carlos
Si quieres puedo ayudar te. :)

Lots of commercial reshippers and some members are kind enough to reship if you know them well. You can probably find a lot of commercial reshippers on google

Try to get a US based member to help you receive US only packages, and then have that member send them to you later on when you have hoarded enough chips to fill a USPS medium flat rate box (most cost-efficient USPS option) or whatever other shipping method you prefer.

I've asked for it several times, and many members are kind enough to do this!

Hi everybody!

Carlos
I’ve never had a problem mate. If you ask the seller sometimes they will ship to you. If they won’t it’s usually because they’ve never done it and don’t know how to. In those cases ask around and you might find other PCFers are happy to ship them for you.

I’ve never had a problem mate. If you ask the seller sometimes they will ship to you. If they won’t it’s usually because they’ve never done it and don’t know how to. In those cases ask around and you might find other PCFers are happy to ship them for you.
Yes, I've asked a few members than didn't want to sell overseas. I wasn't saying it is impossible to buy chips here, only more difficult, and you need more time and patience...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom