Community Feedback - Posting private messages (2 Viewers)

Posting private messages on the forum. Should this be allowed?

• YES

Votes: 137 54.6%
  • NO

Votes: 114 45.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So here's a recent example of a PM posted publicly. What are people's opinions on this example? Seems ok to me in this instance.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...-hundos-4000-rack-for-500s.72824/post-1476770

Edit. Poster notes willingness to post other PMs if needed to refute a specific claim made by a 3rd party. I think that's also ok if needed. I guess it goes towards defending one's reputation to dispute a false claim.

Edit 2. Same user posting partial PM in relation to the same issue. This instance seems offside. I don't think it was necessary to post at all.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/48-hour-or-bust-pca-near-mint-50-fracs.72744/post-1475523

Last edited:
Pretty sure I'd have said the same thing no matter who was involved.

No offense. I think @horseshoez has a point. I just looked at the posters 3 most recent posts...

Screenshot_20210423-192330~2.pngScreenshot_20210423-192348~2.pngScreenshot_20210423-192416~3.png

I don't know the dude. I don't know any of you, and I don't particularly like or dislike anyone here. I'm here to have interesting chit-chat about poker chips with anyone else who's interested. Please leave me out of whatever beef you have with other people.

I don't know the dude. I don't know any of you, and I don't particularly like or dislike anyone here. I'm here to have interesting chit-chat about poker chips with anyone else who's interested. Please leave me out of whatever beef you have with other people.
You can give your opinion or stay out of the fray. Good luck trying to do both. :p

A solid NO! Couldn’t agree with @MatB s response more. Five years ago when I joined this forum, I could never have imagined a question like the one in this thread title ever being proposed by any member at that time let alone by its founder.
“PRIVATE” used to mean “PRIVATE”
If you have a dispute in “PRIVATE” with another member, be GROWN UP enough, both parties involved, to come to an understanding and WORK IT OUT amongst yourselves.
Have some integrity PCF!

How about household income, education level, citizenship (past, current), race, and gender as well?

All the above likely have an impact on people's attitudes and disposition on the topic.
I think age is probably a fair point. People who grew up prior to the rise of social media (when you could keep secrets) vs. People who grew up with social media (where everyone knows what everyone else had for dinner).

How about household income, education level, citizenship (past, current), race, and gender as well?

All the above likely have an impact on people's attitudes and disposition on the topic.
Social and financial account numbers too. But you guys can just PM those.... mothers maiden name while you're at it.

If someone makes an outrageous, defamatory, or just flagrantly false claim/accusation which can only be 100% disproven by sharing a PM, it is understandable if some choose thar route.

Another option: Post that you have PMs which disprove the statement, and if the OP persists in making this claim/accusation, you will be persists to disclose the PM... A warning shot, in other words.

Would be kind of weird for someone to publicly say they didn’t say something. When they obviously had done privately in a PM.

still saying NO.

just say NO

To all who vote "YES"

What would be your reaction if someone had fun posting content from your private communications (even - and especially - if there is absolutely nothing incriminating in Pms) insinuating negative and false things about you, all without any proof?

89, and fuck ya

Also, I call bullshit on anyone who thinks they want 'no'
Call what ever you want to call on someone who says no, just don’t let it upset you while your calling it. ;)
I will choose not to send PRIVATE messages to those who think private means public. Just my personal preference if that is still ok these days? I promise we can still be civil and friendly in public even if I can’t trust you in private.
I consider myself open minded and thoughtful enough to try and understand all sides, where I come from, 2+2 still equals 4, the grass is green and PRIVATE isn’t public.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom