Community Feedback - Posting private messages (1 Viewer)

Posting private messages on the forum. Should this be allowed?

• YES

Votes: 137 54.6%
  • NO

Votes: 114 45.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think most people assume that "private messages" are private, and IMO they should be able to feel comfortable that they would stay that way.

I don’t see it as a free speech issue. This is a privately owned and operated site, Tommy can decide what content he wants to allow and what he doesn’t want to allow. It is not a government run site, so "free speech" should have no bearing on what Tommy does (or does not) allow on his site. I mean he has several moderators, who remove offensive and/or inappropriate posts as they deem necessary already.

Where does this end? I must have missed the tsunami of PM posting, but I’d be careful about making a dramatic ruling like this based on a small handful of situations.

At the end of the day, @Tommy its your forum so do what you will but this seems like providing a solution for a problem that doesn’t much exist.

Last edited:
Yes. 9 times out of 10 it is necessary to resolve a disagreement. People should not be able to say whatever they want in PMs with anonymity.

Posting private messages on the forum. Should this be allowed? Please vote. Votes are private and comments are optional. Thanks.
My integrity is more valuable then anything. In order to rid out any shadyness I voted to post them up.

Seriously what do you have to hide for???

I voted yes, but for very limited circumstances (leaning on my own experiences):

1) publishing your own PM message (how I responded to a question during a trade negotiation);

2) publishing others’ responses for a SOHE hand related to a giveaway (to show how people separated their hole cards).

3) it also seems to be helpful in resolving some disputes (knock on wood; haven’t had to do this yet)

In all instances, however, no personally identifying information for any party should be allowed to be published without their consent.

So let’s make it another gray area “maybe” rule? No Tks. People need keep it real or stop blabbing that Bulls%#t before they get burnt. Full disclosure or bust.

I voted yes, but for very limited circumstances (leaning on my own experiences):

1) publishing your own PM message (how I responded to a question during a trade negotiation);

2) publishing others’ responses for a SOHE hand related to a giveaway (to show how people separated their hole cards).

3) it also seems to be helpful in resolving some disputes (knock on wood; haven’t had to do this yet)

In all instances, however, no personally identifying information for any party should be allowed to be published without their consent.

So let’s make it another gray area “maybe” rule? No Tks. People need keep it real or stop blabbing that Bulls%#t before they get burnt. Full disclosure or bust.
As long as people’s PII is off limits, I don’t have a strong objection to that.

I'm just not comfortable with people sharing people's personal info.
It your dumb enough to post personal stuff in a message or online do you think a rule here will protect you? If so think again! I use a PO BOX and only share a small amount of my personal info on the internet, unless I don’t mind it being public. Post away. I have nothing to hide. Ever. Limiting PMs just lets rats hide, breeds shadyness, and allows lack of full disclosures AKA bad business.

Only for dispute resolution. If someone says something on the public message board, but something else in a PM the PM should be able to be posted as proof.
I agree with this. If a PM is directly in contradiction with another public message or if displaying the PM helps resolve conflict. Otherwise, keep them private, or maybe just add a mediator to the PM.

Voted NO (privacy of personal correspondence has been guaranteed by Constitutions for at least the last 200 years), but I could accept that exceptionally, for resolving very serious conflicts /accusations of concern to everybody.
May I remind that Constitutions are soaked in blood.

I couldn't give two shits if somebody posts a private message, unless I have specifically asked them not to. Even then, it is poor taste, but should not be illegal or policed.

If they are posting as part of a scam / dispute resolution or information, that's a good thing.

If they are posting it to be a douche and throw shade or embarrass, it says more about the poster than about the person whose message it is, and that's a good thing too.

shouldn't be allowed in open forum for everyone to see, but fine to send to admins for dispute resolution.

It your dumb enough to post personal stuff in a message or online do you think a rule here will protect you? If so think again! I use a PO BOX and only share a small amount of my personal info on the internet, unless I don’t mind it being public. Post away. I have nothing to hide. Ever. Limiting PMs just lets rats hide, breeds shadyness, and allows lack of full disclosures AKA bad business.
You are officially uninvited to all future meet-ups.

Your very threat of publicizing a host's address, or phone number is the biggest dick move in ages - and I've had you blocked once before. I guess I got soft. Welcome to perma-block.

You are officially uninvited to all future meet-ups.

Your very threat of publicizing a host's address, or phone number is the biggest dick move in ages - and I've had you blocked once before. I guess I got soft. Welcome to perma-block.
Oh well golly gee mister. Shucks. Woa is me at the meet up! Man, that is such A bummer.

Somebody got their parties in a bunch?

Sorry to break it to you bud. I would not go to your zombie meet up. Sounds like the average age would be deceased and it’s mostly featuring a hairy sword fight sausage fest. That’s just not my style of company, or preferred way to play a cash game. It fact, it truly NEVER once even crossed my mind. It sounds super important to you though, that is just not me. Never will be either, Im sorry if that offends your self promoted amazing hosting skills and games. Noting personal. I dont recall even hearing of it, so by all means have fun with your chosen cool guy click and make sure u don’t type no BS in private messages because they do get shared regardless of “rules”. Any idiot knows that but u prob can’t read this, that is of course if your a man of your word.

Peace!

NO.

And not for any reason. Private messages are private. Conflict resolution sadly is an unwanted job but is between the aggrieved parties and the moderators.

I like to think there's nothing I wouldn't say in private that I wouldn't say in public. But that's just not true. Doenst have to be bad, but could be personal or might offend someone.

Publicizing private messages would open a floodgate of conflict. From classified back dealings and just plain trash talking.

I don't think we need to throw gasoline on the fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom