Club 310 - design input requested (almost there) (1 Viewer)

Which set do you like best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

warma

Full House
Reaction score
I thought I had a set locked and ready, but then I made a small change and the floodgates opened. I really like option 2 below, but I'm wondering if there's a way not to repeat colors across chips (blue, in that case). With every version I try, there's usually one chip that doesn't quite work.

Without creating a million options, which option do you like best? Would you make any changes to one?

[If you vote “A mix,” please let me know what you’re thinking.]

Colors not available: canary, light blue, light green, DG peach.
Poll1-3a.png

Last edited:
If you're considering a Charcoal base on one of the chips, mebbe check out DG Arc Yellow / Peach / Tiger / Saturn as a spot color? They should all provide nice pop with a Charcoal base

51K0qOQy4GL._SL500_.jpg

(Or ABBC)

Also, personally I'd prefer DIASQR or E&C over H-Mold, but can't really articulate why I personally don't like the H-mold with the hotstamp, which I really like!

I thought I had a set locked and ready, but then I made a small change and the floodgates opened. I really like option 2 below, but I'm wondering if there's a way not to repeat colors across chips (blue, in that case). With every version I try, there's usually one chip that doesn't quite work.

Without creating a million options, which option do you like best? Would you make any changes to one?

[If you vote “A mix,” please let me know what you’re thinking.]

Colors not available: canary, light blue, light green, DG peach.
View attachment 1083830
Yusssssss that stamp is hawwttt

51K0qOQy4GL._SL500_.jpg

(Or ABBC)

Also, personally I'd prefer DIASQR or E&C over H-Mold, but can't really articulate why I personally don't like the H-mold with the hotstamp, which I really like!
Thanks! I was originally intending to go DIASQR to match my limit set that’s in the queue. I do like the H-mold, though… Once my limit set shows, I’ll make the call between the two.

If you're considering a Charcoal base on one of the chips, mebbe check out DG Arc Yellow / Peach / Tiger / Saturn as a spot color? They should all provide nice pop with a Charcoal base
Thanks. Those have a lovely pop. I was looking at DG Arc Yellow, but realized I was heavy on yellow, which is now hereby decreed to be bad according to MrCatsPants. :)

Hmmmm... It seems there’s an overwhelming winner for the $5, but the 25¢ and $1 are kinds split. So I’m back to where I was.

Except… a few things magically lined up and a very kind soul is willing to help. I’ll be back with the results, which should help me solve this.

Happy to receive any additional thoughts in the meantime.

Last edited:
With time on my hand until my test runs of the 310 frac and $1 options arrive, I decided to think about fixing my Crown set. Unfortunately, @MeridianFC and @SteveEH poked the bear and got me thinking about swapping the 1/5/20 out (killing the original mixed inlay theme). So now I'm kinda torn. Not sure about the blue and orange for the J Finney set, but I'm trying to see if I can't stick with colors used in the early 60s.
1681508280516.png

1681508292542.png

They all look good. Not that it matters, and not to be slavish to spot progression but I would think about making the Black or Gray 3TA16 (Red/White/Red or vice versa). It does seem like the set is progressing until that point.

They all look good. Not that it matters, and not to be slavish to spot progression but I would think about making the Black or Gray 3TA16 (Red/White/Red or vice versa). It does seem like the set is progressing until that point.
I’m still undecided on that one. The split 18s pulled from yesteryear, but I’m mixed.

I’m playing with some options, including a yellow/green @SteveEH. I’m feeling really good about my updated $20 inlay for the mixed mold update, but it needs something.

I have my 310 club 3d14 samples arriving with my 310 club limit DiaSqr set shortly. If I don’t execute the 310 club hotstamp set, I’ll likely go lcrown inlay, unless DiaSqr excites me more than I expect.

While I really like the chocolate & light blue, light green, bright white combo, I keep returning to single color.

Not yet stamped, but here are the frac and $1 options I liked best.
IMG_5991.jpeg

IMG_5994.jpeg

On the imperial blue $1:
The DG green/dark green looks good on the side, but doesn’t do anything for me from above.
The DG green/butterscotch $1 catches my eye.

On the fracs:
The retro red/DG pink looks a lot better than I expected as does the retro lavender/maroon combo. But my eye is drawn towards the two on the left.

The real issue, though… is this set vs another I’ve been working on. Argh.

I think DSQs are my fav mold for hot stamps, and I don't like how off center inlays can fall into the recess of the inner circle.

What's the story with J finney's?

What limit sets do you have?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom