310 Club - Design Input Sought (1 Viewer)

Which combo(s) do you prefer

• .25 Pink / Green

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • .25 Pink / Red

• 1 Imp Blue / Yellow

• 5 Orange / Dk Green

• Total voters

warma

Full House
Reaction score
Would live your feedback on a few design choices. For this set, I've been inspired to build an illegal club hot stamp set. It will consist of two parts, an inlay non-denom 1/2 limit chip and a Cali 3916 spot .25/1/5/20/100 cash component (with the cash chip serving as the value chip for the limit set, likely the $5 or the $20).

Where I could use your help is the following: the frac, 1, and 5. The 1/2 pie, $20, and $100 are locked; the limit inlay is locked; and the hot stamp is in progress.

Conceptually, one option looks like this:
1656766940796.png

Options are as below, poll allows up to 3 choices- ideally one for each denom. (Obviously, I won't go green or yellow on every chip.)

Pink: 1 Green / 2 Gray / 3 Red
1656766991652.png

Imperial Blue: 1 Yellow, 2 Light Green, 3 Red
1656767066372.png

Orange: 1 Canary, 2 Light Green, 3 Dark Green
1656767095469.png

Thanks.

Last edited:
Can you put the mockups on a grey background as the green throws off how we perceive the colours.

Is the half pie the non denom chip?
Yeah, the eternal background struggle. At least I avoided the pea soup color. I play on green felt, not a bright gray surface, so I feel the green is actually a better choice.

Yes, the 1/2PIE is the non-denim chip.

Gray/Dayglo Pink is awesome and I've got a quarter pie planned in my dream set.

The only one I’d definitively rule out is the imperial blue / yellow $1. Too similar to the non-denom colors for me. A secondary concern is that regular pink is not nearly as bright/vibrant as it appears on the design tool. If you have color samples and chose regular pink, that’s one thing, but if you don’t have samples, I would get some before you commit to that color. Similar story for orange, IMO.

As presented, I’m going pink/grey, imperial blue/red, orange/light green, but orange/dark green is a very close second.

The only one I’d definitively rule out is the imperial blue / yellow $1. Too similar to the non-denom colors for me. A secondary concern is that regular pink is not nearly as bright/vibrant as it appears on the design tool. If you have color samples and chose regular pink, that’s one thing, but if you don’t have samples, I would get some before you commit to that color. Similar story for orange, IMO.

As presented, I’m going pink/grey, imperial blue/red, orange/light green, but orange/dark green is a very close second.
I have samples, thanks. Huge advocate there. Some of these colors are a bit fall-ish by design- the orange and imp blue.

We think alike. I like the imp/yellow, I didn’t think I would, but it keeps me coming back for another look. And yes, while they will never be on the table together, it might still cause confusion.

Thanks. I appreciate the comments that help make me think.

If you’re sure the two blue/yellow chips would never be in play at the same time, I think I’d lean toward pink/grey, imp blue/yellow, orange / light green. If the $5 is potentially in play as a limit chip with the non-denom, I wouldn’t want canary on both chips.

If you’re sure the two blue/yellow chips would never be in play at the same time, I think I’d lean toward pink/grey, imp blue/yellow, orange / light green. If the $5 is potentially in play as a limit chip with the non-denom, I wouldn’t want canary on both chips.
The 1/2 would be 25¢ to $1. So the value chips would be either the $5 or the $20. Having the canary twice (1/2PIE and $5) isn’t ideal as you note.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom