Chips that everyone else likes but just don’t do it it for you… and go (2 Viewers)

Well I guess since people dislike PCAs, hot stamps, bike tires, FDLmolds, and customs....

20200903_202144.jpg

20200509_145242.jpg

20200509_153411.jpg
20201117_070336.jpg

20210315_184546.jpg
20200406_165531.jpg
20201206_123354.jpg
20200802_111847.jpg
20210108_205934.jpg
20201221_090458.jpg

032.JPG

Shit I liked BTPs and @krafticus' customs enough I even made these cookies!

19D2C45C-9BD8-4187-96FC-4B38BD4F9435.jpeg

Hot-stamps; PNYs except the $1s and $25s; Ritzes; TRKs; spotted Aztars; any set owned by @detroitdad or Jeff, but especially the sunsets (nothing personal, but our tastes just run in diametrically opposite directions); ESSTs; any chips with "Jack" on them; Big Tops; any chips from Ohio or any other completely boring state; chips without locations on their inlays (e.g., Empress); any chips with skulls on them; any chips with the name "Wynn" on the inlays; Paulson Classics; Crystal Parks (yeah, I own some); New Chinas; Starbursts; NPS below $25, WTHC over $100; most primaries; any set @k9dr hasn't sold me yet.

There. I should have listed something to offend almost everybody. My work is done. :cool

Last edited:
Hot-stamps; PNYs except the $1s and $25s; Ritzes; any set owned by @detroitdad or Jeff, but especially the sunsets (nothing personal, but our tastes just run in diametrically opposite directions); ESSTs; any chips with "Jack" on them; Big Tops; any chips from Ohio or any other completely boring state; chips without locations on their inlays (e.g., Empress); any chips with skulls on them; any chips with the name "Wynn" on the inlays; Paulson Classics; Crystal Parks (yeah, I own some); New Chinas; Starbursts; NPS below $25, WTHC over $100; most primaries; any set @k9dr hasn't sold me yet.

There. I should have listed something to offend almost everybody. My work is done. :cool
You forgot Hugh Jackman.

Hot-stamps; PNYs except the $1s and $25s; Ritzes; any set owned by @detroitdad or Jeff, but especially the sunsets (nothing personal, but our tastes just run in diametrically opposite directions); ESSTs; any chips with "Jack" on them; Big Tops; any chips from Ohio or any other completely boring state; chips without locations on their inlays (e.g., Empress); any chips with skulls on them; any chips with the name "Wynn" on the inlays; Paulson Classics; Crystal Parks (yeah, I own some); New Chinas; Starbursts; NPS below $25, WTHC over $100; most primaries; any set @k9dr hasn't sold me yet.

I was waiting for this one. Larry never disappoints.

Those Club Regents are SICK!! I want one what the heck!

This just reminded me I forgot to respond to you before LOL. I'll reply in da A.M.

I dislike anything with a boring inlay such as Jack chips, boat chips, etc.

Not a fan of hot stamps either.

But then again my favourite chips are PNYs so what do I know?

I REALLY don't like Pillage & Plunder... Like, at all.

View attachment 759489
I dont really like to bash people's customs, but given the praise these get it probably doesnt make a big difference. I absolutely agree with you. There's so many things with this set that I dont like. Honestly there's also at least one other HOF level custom sets that I seriously struggle to understand the appeal of, looking at you Rosie's bayou. Maybe its the fact that pictures dont do them all justice, or maybe its simply differences in personal prefrence (which is fair enough I guess, we all like different things), or it might be because the HOF voting is somewhat skewed by people voting for friends instead of what is objectively the best looking set. I'm not sure. I was also thinking it might be because of the black background inlays (which I in general am not a fan of), but man there are some nice sets with black background inlays as well, such as the colony club, so it cant be only that. I'm not trying to bash the HOF by the way. I appreciate the time and effort the organizers put into it, and it creates some real fun content for PCF and all it's members.

I REALLY don't like Pillage & Plunder... Like, at all.

View attachment 759489

I dont really like to bash people's customs, but given the praise these get it probably doesnt make a big difference. I absolutely agree with you. There's so many things with this set that I dont like. Honestly there's also at least one other HOF level custom sets that I seriously struggle to understand the appeal of, looking at you Rosie's bayou. Maybe its the fact that pictures dont do them all justice, or maybe its simply differences in personal prefrence (which is fair enough I guess, we all like different things), or it might be because the HOF voting is somewhat skewed by people voting for friends instead of what is objectively the best looking set. I'm not sure. I was also thinking it might be because of the black background inlays (which I in general am not a fan of), but man there are some nice sets with black background inlays as well, such as the colony club, so it cant be only that. I'm not trying to bash the HOF by the way. I appreciate the time and effort the organizers put into it, and it creates some real fun content for PCF and all it's members.

I played with them in person. Once you get that opportunity you’ll understand why they are HOF. They are so damn fun to use. In my opinion of course.

Pillage and plunder would make the HoF for the $5, $8 and $1000 alone lol.

It's definitely a bonkers set but it's just so cool.

The pieces of eight chip is my favourite custom chip ever.

Last edited:
I'm going to have throw out the PCA $5 and $25 primaries. Absolutely awful. They were so worn and faded when I received them back in the day, I was so upset I went straight back onto the chiproom sale and ordered secondaries.

Even worse was when I couldn't even give them away for about $20 a rack. Not even kidding.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom