Chipper Confessions (1 Viewer)

-I'm regretting getting my tourney set. I always much prefer playing and setting up cash games. Will probably sell it here soon. I just got it because it's a mock '07 Secondary WSOP card mold chip set and really liked how they looked.

-I hate pink quarters when paired with traditional cash chip colors. Seen so many pink quarters where they're close to red to where not only they can cause dirty stack issues, it just makes the sets all warm colors with no cool colors even with yellow $20s. Having a blue quarter I think complements great, or having a white frac and a blue dollar. Pink quarters do look good in Cali sets, though.

-I just care more about a good breakdown, I now don't mind playing with any type of chip. I'm more of a player than a chipper anyway.

Last edited:
- I received an add-on order to my CPC set almost a year ago, and they haven't been oiled yet.
- In the past 14 months, I've been in my basement about 5-10 times. The poker tables are still up, but I have no desire to be down there.
- I boxed up some chips for the meetup this weekend. Its probably the 1st time in that 14 months I've looked at, or handled any of my chips for more than 2 minutes.

Soon enough I'll get the basement back in working order and start the games back up

Not here to judge. Everyone's chipping journey is different and unique. I just hope everyone enjoys the ride and has fun.
Bingo.

I rushed my customs, I would love a do-over.

I enjoy the thought process that goes into designing fugly chips. It’s sincerely interesting to see brain cycles and passion at work from all parties, even when my tastes run counter.

There some bright stars here and I appreciate when they contribute.

Great thread.

1. After getting sucked in the vortex of poker chips earlier this year, I bought a set of 300 Nevada Jacks Skulls on Amazon for $180 because I thought it was a good deal. There is a post here selling a 600 set for $275. smh. I secretly want to buy it so I can 1200. Ahem....bought more after the first 300...

2. There is no one in my immediate circle that knows anything about poker chips and the differences. They probably don't even care. It's just weird now because I didn't either until this year.

1. I want a cash set.

2. I want those damn rounders chips now.

I currently have or am working on at least 6-7 sets (all cash), with no present or immediately future plans to host. I probably only need one at the moment, just in case.

My justification is that I intend to host eventually, once I have the requisite equipment and space.

I have a new confession.
I have all the chips I need, and I don’t feel required to buy any more.

No, really.
1627342399233.gif

I have a new confession.
I have all the chips I need, and I don’t feel required to buy any more.

No, really.
I've been telling myself this, for the better part of the last year. It's a hopeless vicious cycle. I'm so pathetic it actually hurts. I can't even stop for a week and I'm buying a sample or seeking some silly DB. When is enough, enough? When does silly become stupidity? I need to be able to discern these differences first or I can't grow into an adult chipper. Stuck on stupid kid mode.

Really..

I've been telling myself this, for the better part of the last year. It's a hopeless vicious cycle. I'm so pathetic it actually hurts. I can't even stop for a week and I'm buying a sample or seeking some silly DB. When is enough, enough? When does silly become stupidity? I need to be able to discern these differences first or I can't grow into an adult chipper. Stuck on stupid kid mode.

Really..
Agreed.
Over the last year, I got a large ceramic set for myself and my sons to bang around on, a large HSI cash set, and sold off my Classics for a perfect CPC 2-table Rounders tourney set. I completed it all last month, and it’s all I really need.

Yet, last week, I felt the panic that if one of my HSI fracs goes missing, the set will not be complete. More chips arrived today for “just in case”.

This should be it. It really should.

Agreed.
Over the last year, I got a large ceramic set for myself and my sons to bang around on, a large HSI cash set, and sold off my Classics for a perfect CPC 2-table Rounders tourney set. I completed it all last month, and it’s all I really need.

Yet, last week, I felt the panic that if one of my HSI fracs goes missing, the set will not be complete. More chips arrived today for “just in case”.

This should be it. It really should.
I resonate with this. I have my ceramic set. It should be all I need, but I want one more for some reason. Not sure if I want to go the paulson route, and if so, which set?! Or the CPC rounders route, which is infinitely easier.

I resonate with this. I have my ceramic set. It should be all I need, but I want one more for some reason. Not sure if I want to go the paulson route, and if so, which set?! Or the CPC rounders route, which is infinitely easier.
You'll be getting both. Maybe not right away, but resign yourself that you will not be complete without both.
The crazy part is that even owning both of those sets will likely not satisfy the monster!
Buy or sell, buy or buy....it doesn't matter

Here goes…

I’m selling most if not all of my THC and going CPC/ASM, plastic and Chinese cards mold.

Yup.
if this is legit make sure you tag me when you list your AS Cash set, could use some more already murdered AS IHCs.

Somehow getting my chips into a new case made the difference between my brain thinking I could use more chips to experiment with different options for my fracs/1s/etc, and feeling satisfied and "done" with it. Of course I am still buying chips (small shuffle stacks, singles for practicing knuckle rolling, DBs, etc) but the addition of that Versa case really made my set feel complete and put a damper on my chip acquisition syndrome.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom