Chipper Confessions (2 Viewers)

ChipFinderSK

Full House
Reaction score
Let’s hear some confessions & hot takes. I’ll start.

-Even after 2+ years of chipping, I’m still embarrassed of having all these pictures of poker chips on my phone. I will often post a pic on PCF then immediately delete it off my phone.

-Most custom sets (90+%), whether CPC, ABC ceramics, murder, relabel, etc. do nothing for me. I enjoy seeing everyone else’s designs and creativity, but very few actually make me want to create my own customs.

The ridiculous prices for the rare and most desired Paulsons and the rift it's caused in the community has really dampened my passion for the hobby. It makes trying to build any kind of new set extremely difficult. Ultimately, it's why I'm going the CPC route to round out my collection.

Once shot a chip just to watch it die
8293ED71-820D-4C7A-989B-6EAE926333A6.jpeg

After 5+ years in chipping, I come to PCF out of pure habit. There's nothing I want to buy and there aren't a ton of conversations I want to engage in. The politics is toxic, the prices are batshit crazy, and there is a real streak of independence that has undermined the concept of community. Many of the folks who mentored me in this hobby contribute less and less, and if it weren't for the friendships I've made, I'd likely be fine stepping away completely. Sadly, chips just don't wind my clock like they used to.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom