New Chipper needs your Guidance (1 Viewer)

ChrisWa

Pair
Reaction score
First of all: I really want to thank CrazyEddie, DeusEx and BGinGA. Your new member threads really helped me a lot and I probably read those posts 3 times :D

I am trying to give you an overview where I currently stand with several topics. Green means that I feel confident and have a plan what to do/buy. Amber shows that I already have some thoughts what I want or what might be right thing to do. Red means that I actually did not check any options yet for that specific topic.

Types of Chips: Amber
With the cost per chip I am currently targeting either china clays or ceramics. Both should be available under 1$/chip and would give me a good trade off between quality and price. For china clays I checked out apache and the pharaohs and dunes are potential go for me. For ceramics I have checked brpropoker and I actually like the tiki kings. DDLM and also Nevada jacks are not my style of poker chips I want. I saw several threads about the EPT replicas and from a design perspective those are my favorites.

Chip Break Downs: Green
Since I am targeting a good trade off between quality and price I want to start with a tournament set.
We usually only have one table but I really want to have the flexibility to increase to two tables.
I will take a 500-Chip tournament set with 15/5/11/3
200x T100
80x T500
160x T1000
60X T5000

Budget: Amber
Currently I do not have a budget cap, but really want to start with a good trade off between price and quality. I am willing to increase the price if the quality jump is big enough. Since this should target my first tournament set I would like to stay around 1$ per chip. The cash game set can be my baby for the future.

Samples: Amber
I already have the tiki kings (it cost me a lot with shipping to Germany :D) Sadly they did not instantly convince me, so I feel like not getting them right now.
I also want to get the option to test china clays, especially pharaohs and dunes. I am also looking for EPT replicas as samples.
Getting those sets as samples will cost me a lot due to shipping costs, so I will open a wanted thread in classifieds section as soon as I am eligible.

Standard Chip Color: Amber
I am a fan of standard vegas colors, but what are common vegas colors for T5000 if I would take a yellow T1000?
I also like the colors from the EPT chips, but they usually use different colors as vegas. I think a black T100 is a must have, but what other colors would you choose for T500, T1000 and T5000 if you would choose the EPT replicas?
Also, I couldn’t not find an official overview of the colors per chips used during the EPT tournaments. Highly appreciated if you could help me out here

Cards: Green
I already have the Copag 1546 bridge size jumbo index plastic cards. Really like those.

Chip Storage: Red
What would you take to store 500 chips? Do I need chip trays?

Group Buys: Amber
I really love that approach, but I am unsure what kind of chips are usually purchased via this process. Do you think it would make sense to try to get a set via group buys to increase quality for same costs even if it may take longer? I am not in a rush.

So, as you can see I feel somehow prepared, but would like to get your advice on the topics above. If you can share any other best practices for a new chipper, I would really like to hear it :)

Looks like you're aiming for a 30k starting stack? If so I would do:

10x100
4x500
7x1000
4x5000

Use 5000 chips for color up. You don't use 500s as much as you think and the 100s are only on the table for 4-5 rounds.

Make sure to account for rebuys and if so just give out 6x5000.

Colors I like.

100 Black
500 Purple or White
1000 Yellow
5000 Orange
25k Blue

Chip trays, a case, or starting stack tubes for storage.

Group buys are excellent to participate in and will give you a ton of options are far more affordable prices then ordering on your own.

Hope this helps!

We really like to have a lot of chips on the table so I will probably stick to 15x t100. And based on the tool shared for chip breakdowns the colour up is planned for level 8.
Yes, we actually have around 50% rebuys I would guess, so I would have enough chips for rebuys for 1 table, but will be limited with 2 full tables. I don't think it is realistic to have 2 full tables in the near future, but for now I am save with rebuys and would of course use the 5ks

I agree with the colors but I am scared between yellow and orange chips, so I tend to use something different for the 5ks. Probably blue ?
Chip trays, a case, or starting stack tubes for storage
Anything you can recommend?

Group buys are excellent to participate in and will give you a ton of options are far more affordable prices then ordering on your own.
But are the group buys usually targeting ceramics or China clays? If yes, what kind of designs/chips are usually targeted?

As far as concerns with colors, make sure to get samples. I've never had an issue in any of the sets that I've had with those colors. I would avoid red and orange in the same set unless the two would not be on the table at the same time.

I have a combination of racks and starting stack tubes in a rolling tool chest like the one pictured. I like it because you can lock it and move it around if needed. I also store board games in mine. Highly recommend.

The group buys I've been part of have been ceramics and cards mold (Ceramics From China). There are some every now and then for higher end plastics like Matsui. There are a ton of art choices out there and you'll have to browse around the group buy section to see what you like. Lately a cards mold group buy has been happening about once a month or two.

Screenshot_20220929-112648_Chrome.jpg

Lately it’s been ceramics with cards mold from China. Here’s the latest:
Cards mold October GB

You should also check out Sun-Fly.
They are all the same material and quality, just with a different design right? So I could take any card mold sample, right?

But to be honest no design of the options are my style haha

As far as concerns with colors, make sure to get samples. I've never had an issue in any of the sets that I've had with those colors. I would avoid red and orange in the same set unless the two would not be on the table at the same time.
Okay thank you.
I guess I will start to ask for samples than and have a look on the group buys

Yes, however there is a difference between the feel of 39mm and 43mm

Check out Sun-Fly. They have several different options and sizes. All of them are ceramic, but each style is unique—visually and tactilely.

But to be honest no design of the options are my style haha
There are many design options as these chips are fully customizable. Every couple of months someone has a BYO design group buy. Here’s a link to the last one: Cards mold group buy. Since you can submit any design, the possibilities are limitless. Just make sure you have your design locked and loaded.

I will take a look, thank you.

Is there an overview of custom design available by pcf members?

I will take a look, thank you.

Is there an overview of custom design available by pcf members?
Thread 'Cards Mold/"Tina" Alibaba Ceramics Master Consolidated Info Thread' https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...ramics-master-consolidated-info-thread.65544/

This thread has some free designs made available by the PCF community, there are also some talented designers on the forum who can design you a fully custom set exactly how you want,

I'd highly recommend getting a sample set, the chips are phenomenal, especially for the price!

I even have a custom design ready to go myself.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom