Chip Review 1 of ?? (1 Viewer)

Bluebaru

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Having recently purchased 6 sample sets and introducing myself, I am posting my 1st chip review with both subjective observations and some objective measurements. Also I will note that I'm most interested in Tournament play.

Milano, The cheapest per chip cost, at this time, and can be purchased at $.30 per chip with a Bird cage and Racks on Amazon.

As with all my Clay's, I wiped them down with a damp microfiber cloth to get rid of the dust so the colors would show up better. i will probably never oil a clay chip unless I want to put them in a display case.

Subjective, generally speaking these are the most washed out looking chips However I feel a decent looking set could be put together with the 5,25,100 and $500 chips. Normally I find yellow chips to be one of the more attractive but the $1000 Milano is just to pale/washed out. I do find the $10 chip attractive so a 1,5,10,25 ? cash game set wouldn't be terrible looking. I don't feel these chips are worthy of relabeling for any kind of customization.

Chip values start at $.25 and go to 10K so most cash or tournament games could be played with these.

Objective, 10 chips measured 32.7mm, the shortest of the 6 samples I got. They averaged 39.72mm in diameter. On the Tilt/slid test, I did on a padded felt surface, They were middle of the pack and <= to Majestic's but way better than Royals but the Milano's were not nearly as good as the Tiki King;s or The Bank chips.
No label progression and no real spot progression except the colors of the spots.

Review #2 in a day or two.

Can you help me better understand the tilt/slide test?

So why exactly wouldn't you oil and seal your chips? Why do they need to be oiled for a display cabinet where they won't be touched? I'm confused?

Can you help me better understand the tilt/slide test?
Yes, on the felted surface I mentioned, I lifted one side, with an equal number of all the other chips and rated them by which stack would fall first or, in one case slid first. I repeated the test multiple times with different stack orders, in case of any chip deformity or other variables. I figured this might make a difference in someone's choice in instances where a table may be bumped or accidently lifted on one side.

So why exactly wouldn't you oil and seal your chips? Why do they need to be oiled for a display cabinet where they won't be touched? I'm confused?
I'm just not willing to put that much effort into making a full set look a little better but would be willing to do a chip or a few, to bring out the colors, for a display.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom