Royal 43mm review (2 Viewers)

sharmz11

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Looking to see your review of the 43mm Royal. Have a huge set of Monte Carlos and looking to put extra $ into the royals.

Doing a few quick searches here will most likely yield lots of positive reviews. To be honest, they have all the advantages and disadvantages of a traditional China Clay with the added advantage of being the nicest looking and feeling of the bunch while also being 43mm and a little harder to figure out storage for.

I don't think you're going to find any negative reviews of the Royals themselves. You might find negative comments about their China Clay properties, but as far as the chips go, they are the cream of the crop of China Clay.

I have a custom heads up set for a drinking game that I made and I played it last night. I was just sitting there shuffling them over and over again and it was as smooth as butter.

Last edited:
^^^^What he said^^^^
Some CC have a heavy plastic smell, but, the Royals don't have that, IMO, at least not like the Majestic. I had a set of Majestic and got rid of them for that reason. I think they look good, especially after oiling, and they do shuffle smooth as butter. @TonZaga had a large set relabeled for his Cardinal Club poker room, and, I love playing with them, so much so that they I've started buying them up when they become available for a potential future relabel project. Obviously they require 43mm racks, but, those are easy enough to find. The racks with tops allow them to be stacked.

And they are one of the best shuffling chips known to humankind, both in the wild and in captivity.

At one point I relabeled the red Royals as seating/bounty chips, and was pleased with them. I’ve not noticed any smell on these (or on Majestics or Banks either).

Royal-bounty.jpeg

If I were going the China Clay route I’d probably use Majestics for low denoms and Royals for high denoms.

But does Apache have Royals in stock? I seem to recall them being low/out of some quantities a while back.

Plenty of reviews on here. These were the first chips I bought after playing with dice chips for more than a decade. I was able to print/laminate/cut my own labels to save some money. Chips arrived quickly from Josh at Apache and unlike some others have stated, there was no weird smell from them. I washed them in soapy water and then oiled them. Started with a .25/.50 set and slowly added over time. Some people don’t notice the 43mm size because they don’t play much but the regulars do and always state how they like them over the 39mm. Any other questions, just let me know

At one point I relabeled the red Royals as seating/bounty chips, and was pleased with them. I’ve not noticed any smell on these (or on Majestics or Banks either).

View attachment 1276679

If I were going the China Clay route I’d probably use Majestics for low denoms and Royals for high denoms.

But does Apache have Royals in stock? I seem to recall them being low/out of some quantities a while back.
They're in stock, occasionally they are out of a specific denom. I'm planning to buy a set soon, might use Majestics for the 25c though.

Doing a few quick searches here when most likely yield lots of positive reviews. To be honest, they have all the advantages and disadvantages of a traditional China Clay with the added advantage of being the nicest looking and feeling of the bunch while also being 43mm and a little harder to figure out storage for.

I don't think you're going to find any negative reviews of the Royals themselves. You might find negative comments about their China Clay properties, but as far as the chips go, they are the cream of the crop of China Clay.

I have a custom heads up set for a drinking game that I made and I played it last night. I was just sitting there shuffling them over and over again and it was as smooth as butter.
I bring my royal chip sample with me to friends' games and shuffle them/use as card guards. Can't wait for them to be my primary.

Ya I bought a whole tourney set recently played 2 tourney so far with them and I like them a lot. My players think they are awesome also. They feel great in the hand and sound good too. If I ever upgrade past these it will be custom clays, but I doubt I’ll be doing that anytime in the next 5 years.

I relabeled the blues to be $500 chip. The only chip I don’t like from the stock set is the “flag” $500 chip. But that’s a personal thing. I am going to add some pink relabeled to 25k soon.

IMG_1933.jpeg

Last edited:
Ya I bought a whole tourney set recently played 2 tourney so far with them and I like them a lot. My players think they are awesome also. They feel great in the hand and sound good too. If I ever upgrade past these it will be custom clays, but I doubt I’ll be doing that anytime in the next 5 years.

I relabeled the blues to be $500 chip. The only chip I don’t like from the stock set is the “flag” $500 chip. But that’s a personal thing. I am going to add some pink relabeled to 25k soon.

View attachment 1276777
I wish I had the time/patience/money to relabel a couple, I'd probably use the pink or that blue you're using for 500 as the 25c in a cash set. Also wish I could utilize the orange somehow, probably just be for tournament set someday if I expand.

I wish I had the time/patience/money to relabel a couple, I'd probably use the pink or that blue you're using for 500 as the 25c in a cash set. Also wish I could utilize the orange somehow, probably just be for tournament set someday if I expand.
One trick Iearned it is very easy to save the label from the chip you are removing from. The Apache labels are thick and high quality, use a straight edge “exacto” type blade, the corner lifts up fairly easy and remove the label. I saved 300 or so 25k labels.

The stock labels are thicker than gear labels.

Only 1 game into a small cash game set I just build but I love them. They feel great, the shuffle great, they look great, they stack great, no complaining here. My group loves them too. As someone who doesn't play to (at least for now) go crazy into Paulsons and such, these are perfect.

Here they are all oiled and cleaned

Attachments

• PXL_20240219_195025556.jpg
    PXL_20240219_195025556.jpg
    276.3 KB · Views: 69

View attachment 1276777
Does Apache sell just the labels and chips without labels? Do you need to give Josh specific instructions?

Does Apache sell just the labels and chips without labels? Do you need to give Josh specific instructions?
Last I checked, they do not sell the Royals without labels. A year ago I reached out about custom labels and Josh referred me to gear labels.

View attachment 1276777
where did you buy you labels? for the blue ones?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom