Check my line...squeeze play in Live $1/$1 nlhe (1 Viewer)

I asked why he didn't raise pre, he told me he lost with AK last week. Good to know, that will be stored away in the memory bank.
There is a guy in my 1/3 game that only 3 bets KK and AA as I've now learned. That burned me last week in a pot where I opened JJ and got a 777 flop and went broke in the turn to his QQ when I jammed knowing he is sticky and would probably call with any pair.

And the week before that, he flatted AK against my AK and won his freeroll when we both flopped the nuts but he had a FD.
People keep giving him action and he literally never bluffs. He goes to showdown a lot, and any time he's made big bets and raises he's always had it. And he shows a lot of them even when he isn't called.

That got a bit of topic. But I needed the mini rant.

:(

Hence why I folded. A3 is tough to play.

I agree - I’m looking to get calls from Ax and possibly Kx but Vs range contains plenty of flopped flushes given the Preflop action imho. Even with redraw to a boat I want to keep flop and turn bets small to get called wide and avoid shoveling my stack into a flush.
I guess I don’t quite understand this logic. After saying that you like the squeeze, and arguing for a small bet on the flop and on the turn… you’re saying you can somehow get away from the hand after that? Can you explain?

:(

Hence why I folded. A3 is tough to play.
I am not giving up on a hand or a play just because it didnt work out. If I play A3s a hundred times, I am going to make money if I play them correctly. Im trying to figure out the best way in this situation. TBH, here I think I can go broke on the flop, turn or river depending on how fast I decide to play given the tricky AK.

However, he could have easily had a big spade or AQ-A9 here as well. I would actually say those hands are much more likely than the AK, so over his range, getting the money in is +ev.

Now, I could get behind a call pre and evaluate flop since we close action line....or set up a shove on the turn line. Fold pre though? Nah, I'm going to play that hand.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom