Chateau De Noix (2 Viewers)

Kicked off the new season with new chips and a new remodeled room. 19 players showed and we had a great time. My only wish is that PCFers lived near enough to come by and share in the fun!

Some poorly captured pics:

View attachment 61040 View attachment 61041 View attachment 61042 View attachment 61043 View attachment 61044 View attachment 61045 View attachment 61046 View attachment 61047

Incredible Bert!!! Great pics of what seemed to be an awesome time had by all... I hope it's the first of many memorable nights at the CDN! (y) :thumbsup:

Is that a new gaming suede on your table?!?!?!? If it is not, for some reason I just erased it from my memory... Look great man!!

Oh, I didn't know you knew Adam Sandler... :p:p:p

IMG_4540.JPG

I have been meaning to do this for a while.

I recently asked J5 (@Johnny5 ) to help me out with some customized playing cards. I decided to go with MPC or makeplayingcards.com for the project as it was the only card maker I had heard much about. I went with plastic cards and decided to have 4 different colors produced.

There are multiple options of stock material and cards can be made with borders or without. Bridge, poker, 4 color, and jump pips are all available. Turn around is very quick.

Made in China, they are not cheap. After a couple of games on the felt, they are holding up just fine.

IMG_3940.JPG
IMG_3941.JPG

The feel is a bit slick, but they shuffle well. I am not card aficionado, so take that for what it's worth. I have a ton of cards and these at least fit somewhere in the spectrum playability-wise.

Printing quality is worth noting. Most designs are going to look sharp, but fine detail loses its sharpness. See closeup below. All the cards are printed and cut centered perfectly. Color came out without problems.

IMG_3939.JPG

IMG_3937.JPG

sorry, I rotated this pic on my phone but it won't update. grrrr.

Just beautiful. I'm just catching up on this thread but absolutely amazing work all around.
Does Mr tree have some competition?
Jesus titts what a room! (Chips included of course)

Two upcoming projects both conceived within last 8 months. Both are a ways off and are as of yet without inlays but I hope to complete these someday.

Dr. Nutz - surf theme, Hawaii inspired.

IMG_4370.PNG

Nutz Shack - throwback with simple in mind. Inlay influences up for consideration are Palace Club, Nevada Lodge, El Rancho, more?

IMG_4369.PNG

So a mother is cleaning her son's room when she finds an S&M magazine under the bed.

Horrified, she shows the magazine to the boy's father. "How do you think we should handle this?!" she asks her husband.

"Well," he replies,

"I don't think we should spank him."

I still think this is one of my favorite CPC sets on PCF.

Two upcoming projects both conceived within last 8 months. Both are a ways off and are as of yet without inlays but I hope to complete these someday.

Dr. Nutz - surf theme, Hawaii inspired.

View attachment 81107

Nutz Shack - throwback with simple in mind. Inlay influences up for consideration are Palace Club, Nevada Lodge, El Rancho, more?

View attachment 81106

Hall of Fame-er hall-o-faming, LOL!!!

Gorgeousness...

I rarely do this, but Mrs. Bivey hit it out of the park tonight:

Shrimp cocktail
Cabernet braised pork loin w/ parsnip purée
Avocado and maple syrup chocolate mousse (no dairy!) w/ berries

IMG_4439.JPG

And for the kids:

IMG_4438.JPG

Lucky guy. Hopefully I last longer than 3 minutes for her tonight!

Last edited:
Yes I have kids and we are thinking about how to educate them on certain things. One of our friends found this and, well, it's freakin hysterical. Enjoy. Especially you @bentax1978

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom