Interest Ceramic Cards Mold Group Buy Australia (EOI only) (1 Viewer)

Ah ha.... I just noticed that we don't have to go with the stock designs - this definitely changes things! Would be interested in 500 chips if the samples come around and are of good quality!
Hey mate,
Thanks for that.

I have also changed the title of the thread to reflect that more clearly now. It was the Aria's then we all decided to get different inlays haha.

So that pops us back to around 8500 chips, so almost there again :)

Once these samples emerge from Dubbo ;) and make their way to Brissie, we'll have a better idea of how this will go. I think they seem good sight unseen, but... :)

Cheers all,
Adam

Cash breakdown:
1) 6-8 players usually
2) Stakes vary from 0.25/0.25 or 0.25/0.5 with buy-in of $25 or $50 & 1 top up only - tried unlimited topups once and it was CHAOS lol).
$25 Buy-In:
20 x 0.25
20 x 1.00

$50 Buy-In:
20 x 0.25
20 x 1.00
5 x $5

As you can see... very similar to my tournament breakdown. I'm a simpleton when it comes to this stuff (e.g. Moar chips = good... hahaha).

EDIT: one thing I should add.. the friends I play with are rec players and like deep stacks, but at the same time quickly lose interest if there's not enough action (it comes down to 1-2 action players).
With that sort of cash game, I would recommend the following breakdown for cards mold as chips need to be ordered in multiples of 25.

175 x 0.25c. (Note I would only use these for the initial buy-in. All rebuys should be done using $5 and or $25. Also can put the rest of the $1s in play if desired)
200 x $1
200 x $5
25 x $25 (I've noticed in my own 25c/25c - 25c/50c games that the $25 chip serves as psuedo bounty chip as everyone is trying to win these off each other which makes the game a little bit more lively)

Total bank = $1868.75. Might sound like a lot but also allows for a little bit of headway for the occasional CHAOS!

Hey just throwing it out there, I was originally going to order around now...with these samples doing the rounds around the country prior to progressing, do we have any vague idea of when an order might be going in?

Just to set expectations, are we thinking end of the month, or more like a couple of months?

Hey just throwing it out there, I was originally going to order around now...with these samples doing the rounds around the country prior to progressing, do we have any vague idea of when an order might be going in?

Just to set expectations, are we thinking end of the month, or more like a couple of months?
2023 the way auspost is at the moment

Hey mate, I think if peeps can have a 24hr fiddle and send them on, that should see us close to ordering by the end of the month. Can't see why anyone would need longer than that to say yay or nay ;)

Agreeeed! A quick shuffle and feel is all that's needed, but fingers crossed Aust Post goes back to normal soon.

Also with the stock designs, is it quite easy to just change some wordings or change the denomations? (e.g. Can we have the $100 chip be $1 instead?)

Hey mate, I think if peeps can have a 24hr fiddle and send them on, that should see us close to ordering by the end of the month. Can't see why anyone would need longer than that to say yay or nay ;)

Ahh no worries, I was picturing the samples spending 2 weeks each in Dubbo, Perth, Christmas Island etc. before they reached Brissie, and then people starting to go out and get custom designs worked in slow time :oops:

Agreeeed! A quick shuffle and feel is all that's needed, but fingers crossed Aust Post goes back to normal soon.

Also with the stock designs, is it quite easy to just change some wordings or change the denomations? (e.g. Can we have the $100 chip be $1 instead?)
You will need to get someone to change the inlays. I am getting the actual designer, J5 to do it for me as he has the original art. Probably best to get something sorted regarding this as it will have to go in with the order.
Ahh no worries, I was picturing the samples spending 2 weeks each in Dubbo, Perth, Christmas Island etc. before they reached Brissie, and then people starting to go out and get custom designs worked in slow time :oops:
Haha, yep As above, best if everyone gets their alternative art sorted in the interim to avoid delays.

Yeah... I totally understand that one! I'm still waiting for cards and samples that were sent Monday last week to arrive...
Sounds about right. I ordered something last Monday, it was sent on Monday, and arrived yesterday. Yours shouldn't be too far away :)

From what the US crew are saying, their latest batch is a noticeably different chip, particularly the size. So, the samples we'll be looking at are the original style and slightly different to what we would order...

From what the US crew are saying, their latest batch is a noticeably different chip, particularly the size. So, the samples we'll be looking at are the original style and slightly different to what we would order...

FWIW the “noticeable differences” people are pointing out are noticeable under close inspection when comparing identical designed chips, but the differences don’t “stand out”. I ordered an add on to my Casa Mangos so I have the exact same chips from Sean’s first delivery and from this current GB where people are commenting on the chip blanks from a week ago. I had actually mixed up the chips and didn’t notice. But someone in our group noticed that the barrels of the new chips didn’t fit in the same racks as before which led him to notice that the new barrels were about half a chip shorter than the old barrels. Which led us to look closer and identify the other potential differences. There are some minor differences under close inspection but don’t think it’s like a completely different product. FWIW I would say the only time where it really would impact a purchasing decision is adding onto an existing set, but even then I am fine mixing the old and new Mangos in the same set.

Old vs new…

Last edited:
AB67C345-9FF0-4D25-8549-217AA88F7A95.jpeg
3777F278-FC21-48D2-8762-9F6C2FECB244.jpeg
A4130285-571F-4CB0-9C42-E4C9174B88AB.jpeg
68921D31-C94F-455C-A4CC-66A0AE06AFA6.jpeg
EFFEA5BC-A4CB-4161-AC91-B1C2774F3B2F.jpeg

Thanks @Eloe2000 , appreciate the advice and feedback. :)

I just wanted to mention because I think some people were interpreting the comments about the differences (which do exist) as though these were a completely different product and questioning whether or not they should get them. No one would even be aware unless you were comparing the old vs the new directly in front of you at the same time and even then the differences are marginal.

I just wanted to mention because I think some people were interpreting the comments about the differences (which do exist) as though these were a completely different product and questioning whether or not they should get them. No one would even be aware unless you were comparing the old vs the new directly in front of you at the same time and even then the differences are marginal.
Absolutely clear mate :). My thoughts were more that examining the old blank to decide if we buy the 'new' one seemed a little redundant :). As a stand alone product (and even with the original) it still looks the goods :)

That quite suck for people who want to add on to their set, the color differences are expected it like printing, you will have slightly different shade of color for different batch, but different blank of mold use is quite bad.

It depends on the level scrutiny. Like I said, I mixed up my mangos and didn’t even notice until someone else brought it up. And then I went back to my original Mangos and realized they weren’t all “the same blanks” either. Some denoms were thicker than others. And some of my old denoms were thinner than the new ones.

Admittedly my expectations with these chips are low, unlike my CPC sets. Any of these differences between old vs new chips here would never be noticed by my players and that is about the extent my concern with these chips. But to each their own. I know this is obviously a group of very particular people regarding their poker chips so of course we all tend to be very aware and concerned.

No dog in this fight and am not a part of this buy, but I am curious as to why these wouldn't be exact replicas of the Aria chips? The design is 99% anyway so why not go the whole way at this point? Is there some line at the last 1% people won't cross????

No dog in this fight and am not a part of this buy, but I am curious as to why these wouldn't be exact replicas of the Aria chips? The design is 99% anyway so why not go the whole way at this point? Is there some line at the last 1% people won't cross????
I'm changing the inlay art to my 'Blades' design for mine and I just love the ARIA colours. :)

The chips were originally designed for one individual, who had his own personal reasons for calling the chips Aria's. Then others fell in love with the colors and had more chips made. In some cases (not all), without even getting permission from the original buyer or the designer. So once there were already a bunch of these in circulation, it made the most sense to just continue with the same original design. WITH the permission of the first buyer and the designer.

Samples from @davislane arrived yesterday, I mailed them to @Phantom today.

They are fine. Good value for money. Colours strong. If the group buy got up, would likely get a 500+ pce micro cash set. But not fussed if it doesn’t go ahead.

I’d be looking for someone to help design a customised aria / Bellagio “label”; if anyone could point me in the right direction I’d appreciate it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom