Interest Ceramic Cards Mold Group Buy Australia (EOI only) (4 Viewers)

Vaguely interested but almost entirely dependent on final shipped and taxed price to my door.

If AUD continues to tumble and final price ends up being more like $0.45-50 USD per chip then this goes straight from "tempting cool looking cheap chips I don't need and won't use" straight to "Do I really really need another mediocre set just because it's decently priced territory"?
Understood mate. Once we get some prices, we'll see where we stand :)

Personal opinion mate
I don’t like cards mold
Look like plastic chips from Walmart
Everyone has a right to their opinion, but as we approach over 200,000 cards mold chips ordered by the PCF community, I happen to think this one is pretty ridiculous. There are lots of cheap plastic chips out there and these chips blow them all out of the water. If you are on the fence or think you might not like them, try to get your hands on them yourself before taking someone else's opinion. (including mine) The vast majority of us who own these think they are the best bang for the buck there is in the inexpensive chip category. I can't tell you how many people who own tens of thousands of dollars worth of Paulsons have said after getting some of these in their hands that they were WAY NICER than they expected them to be.

Then why do you come in here to trash them? You're not even in Australia! Go start a Cards mold Sucks thread of your own and trash them there.
It's all good. I "invited" Pip into the discussion to talk about his experience with getting altered Aria designs. I was initially of the assumption he had used a PCF design and modified them on a plain mold through the Alibaba channels. I now know this not to be the case.

I don't think he's trashing the cards mold just sharing his opinion/preference. Ultimately he's on our side, which is team ceramic. Many a PCFer would thumb their nose at the thought of ceramic chips! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Appreciate all your effort to date with all things cards mold-related you have been involved in.

Now back to the topic at hand. Who wants cards mold chippies?

@TX_Golf_N_Poker
Sir
Just for clarification
60% of my chips it’s ceramic
With this I’ll close this discussion
My intention was to “No offend the cards mold”
Thanks
And from a good Canadian
I’m sorry ……,,

Attachments

• DFDD9355-EA42-4850-BE64-7D37D5B113E6.jpeg
    DFDD9355-EA42-4850-BE64-7D37D5B113E6.jpeg
    242.4 KB · Views: 155
@TX_Golf_N_Poker
Sir
Just for clarification
60% of my chips it’s ceramic
With this I’ll close this discussion
My intention was to “No offend the cards mold”
Thanks
And from a good Canadian
I’m sorry ……,,
No worries here mate :)
Cheers for chiming in.

It's all good. I "invited" Pip into the discussion to talk about his experience with getting altered Aria designs. I was initially of the assumption he had used a PCF design and modified them on a plain mold through the Alibaba channels. I now know this not to be the case.

I don't think he's trashing the cards mold just sharing his opinion/preference. Ultimately he's on our side, which is team ceramic. Many a PCFer would thumb their nose at the thought of ceramic chips! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Appreciate all your effort to date with all things cards mold-related you have been involved in.

Now back to the topic at hand. Who wants cards mold chippies?
Please don't confuse me as a member of team ceramic :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:.

G‘day guys, thanks for the tag. Possibly interested in a cash set around 1000 chips depending on price. 25c/$1/$5/$20.

I know bugger all about chips except what looks nice to my eye! I take it these are ceramic?

G‘day guys, thanks for the tag. Possibly interested in a cash set around 1000 chips depending on price. 25c/$1/$5/$20.

I know bugger all about chips except what looks nice to my eye! I take it these are ceramic?
Yes mate, ceramic. Thanks for the interest. Noted :)

For anyone who doesn't really know much about cards mold, these are ceramic chips, but one big difference from most ceramics is they are debossed. Which means they have an impression in them that makes them look a lot like a clay chip with a molded image, such as the Paulson Top Hat & Cane, various CPC mold chips, or any other non plain mold clay chip. They are dirt cheap, and still ceramic, so no you won't get them confused with a real clay chip, but they do emulate clay chips.

Cards mold originally (I think) came from Sun-Fly and they call their cards mold chips "polyclay" to imply this emulation of clay. I have some of the Sun-Fly chips, and I honestly like these Chinese knock-offs better. Here is a post where I discuss why I like these better than SF, if you care...

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/sunfly-polyclay-poker-chips.77029/post-1566675

For anyone who doesn't really know much about cards mold, these are ceramic chips, but one big difference from most ceramics is they are debossed. Which means they have an impression in them that makes them look a lot like a clay chip with a molded image, such as the Paulson Top Hat & Cane, various CPC mold chips, or any other non plain mold clay chip. They are dirt cheap, and still ceramic, so no you won't get them confused with a real clay chip, but they do emulate clay chips.

Cards mold originally (I think) came from Sun-Fly and they call their cards mold chips "polyclay" to imply this emulation of clay. I have some of the Sun-Fly chips, and I honestly like these Chinese knock-offs better. Here is a post where I discuss why I like these better than SF, if you care...

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/sunfly-polyclay-poker-chips.77029/post-1566675
Thanks mate, very helpful. :) And, those chips look amazing.

UPDATE:

I have sent Tina an e-mail and she has indicated it would be 28c/chip USD for 10,000 units + shipping (just waiting on shipping quote to Oz).

Then, apart from an ordinary exchange rate, Aussies also have to factor in the import taxes and charges for goods >$1,000. Plus re-shipping here in Australia.

I also enquired as to smaller individual orders of the ARIA's specifically, and Tina indicated it would be 30c/chip for 1,500 to 2,000 units + $228 to $268USD for shipping. On the lower end of the scale that would be 62c/chip AUD.

Will return once I hear more from Tina.

Also, @davislane is kindly sending up some of the ARIA'S and Starlight samples for a look and feel. Cheers mate.

Wow I just noted this,
Do you have a date cut off?
And is that price estimate in USD or AUD?
Sorry if these questions have been asked, just saw the post while at work and now frothing up and need information quickly.
Do I have time to get my hands on a sample set before pulling the trigger?

Wow I just noted this,
Do you have a date cut off?
And is that price estimate in USD or AUD?
Sorry if these questions have been asked, just saw the post while at work and now frothing up and need information quickly.
Do I have time to get my hands on a sample set before pulling the trigger?
Hey mate,
No hurry at all, just an EOI at this stage.
Prices in USD.
A sample will eventually be doing the rounds :)

Still waiting to hear from Tina regarding a shipping quote to Australia for 10K chips (she doesn't appear to want to give one but said DHL or UPS would be the carriers). It appears that will probably been in the vicinity of $500-$600USD judging by the US shipping for 19K chips. Lets say $6ooUSD for worst case scenario.

For 10K chips they will be 28cUSD/chip. + shipping (6cUSD/chip) + Australian custom charges (15%) (5cUSD/chip) = Approx. 39cUSD/chip (52cAUD/chip). Could be more, but could be about right.
+ approximately $20AUD domestic re-shipping from Brisbane.

If you just want ARIA'S without any changes and just want an individual order of 1,500 - 2,000 chips, Tina gave a quote and shipping:

For that many chips it would be 32cUSD/chip + $228USD (15cUSD/chip) to $268USD (13cUSD/chip) shipping = 47cUSD/chip (64cAUD/chip) to 45cUSD/chip (62cAUD/chip). It would cost you $200.00AUD more for a 2K individual chip order.

So far we only have a couple of interested parties, but not enough for 10K chips. I'm not phased if we don't go ahead as it was just an interest gauging thing and I didn't have my heart set on it :)

Thanks so much for all this info, mate.

If the GB interest doesn't stack up, I'll be looking to move ahead anyway in a couple of weeks, so appreciate the additional order info too :tup:

Still waiting to hear from Tina regarding a shipping quote to Australia for 10K chips (she doesn't appear to want to give one but said DHL or UPS would be the carriers). It appears that will probably been in the vicinity of $500-$600USD judging by the US shipping for 19K chips. Lets say $6ooUSD for worst case scenario.

For 10K chips they will be 28cUSD/chip. + shipping (6cUSD/chip) + Australian custom charges (15%) (5cUSD/chip) = Approx. 39cUSD/chip (52cAUD/chip). Could be more, but could be about right.
+ approximately $20AUD domestic re-shipping from Brisbane.

If you just want ARIA'S without any changes and just want an individual order of 1,500 - 2,000 chips, Tina gave a quote and shipping:

For that many chips it would be 32cUSD/chip + $228USD (15cUSD/chip) to $268USD (13cUSD/chip) shipping = 47cUSD/chip (64cAUD/chip) to 45cUSD/chip (62cAUD/chip). It would cost you $200.00AUD more for a 2K individual chip order.

So far we only have a couple of interested parties, but not enough for 10K chips. I'm not phased if we don't go ahead as it was just an interest gauging thing and I didn't have my heart set on it :)
Please don't forget to factor in 2 cents a chip to go to @Johnny5 for his artwork if you use the existing Aria's design.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom