GB Completed Aria’s Tribute Cards Mold Group Buy US / CAN (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't mind me asking, what is inlay progression?
I forgot the name of it, but when it changes from one shape to another like from a pentagon to a gear shape. I don't mind if it's the same throughout like Aria's because the colors alone help differentiate each chip and might help separate it from cash set if you have same denominations of the same theme set.

OK gang. We have photos. But I almost don't want to show them, because there are a few problems. I emailed Tina back and asked her to reprint the $1, $100 and the T25. It appears that all the chips were printed on chips that already had printing (incorrect) on the edges. Not a big deal, but in the past I thought they had done proofs on blank chips with white edges, so this is a little weird. If the entire artwork went on top of a previously printed chip with a different design already on it, I don't know how that might effect the colors. Anyway, I asked her if that is what happened, so we will see how she answers.

On the T25 I feel that the shade of green is just a touch off. Maybe a bit too light. Not a deal breaker but I'll let her try again to see if they can do a little better.

On the other hand, the rest of these look great. I LOVE how the Cranberry Red on the $5 and the Arc Yellow on the $20 turned out!!! :love::love::love:

PLEASE READ THIS ^^^ BEFORE COMMENTING ON THE PICS BELOW!

Tourn Aria proofs.jpg

Cash Aria proofs.jpg

Major F that I missed this - would love to buy a tourney set or two the next time these get around.

100% closed correct?

I think I posted somewhere else, I promise not to keep you guys in the dark. If I get anything from Tina, I will post it here soon after. Email has been quiet, but she does owe me an update by now. I'll shoot her an email to see how things are coming.

I can ask about the blanks. I'm also concerned as I really like the original ones and one comment on the new ones is that they are more rounded??? I hope not too rounded. That would be a big turn off.

I think I posted somewhere else, I promise not to keep you guys in the dark. If I get anything from Tina, I will post it here soon after. Email has been quiet, but she does owe me an update by now. I'll shoot her an email to see how things are coming.

I can ask about the blanks. I'm also concerned as I really like the original ones and one comment on the new ones is that they are more rounded??? I hope not too rounded. That would be a big turn off.
Trade off might be worth it, but hard to say without samples. I just don't want more spinners or slippery as a trade off. I do like like sharp corners, but better colors might be enough to trade it off. @JeepologyOffroad could we get closer up shots of the roundness? I know you posted some earlier, but can it be closer up and the possibility the same chip design. Are the New China Club chips considered the original blanks?

Last edited:
Trade off might be worth it, but hard to say without samples. I just don't want more spinners or slippery as a trade off. I do like like sharp corners, but better colors might be enough to trade it off. @JeepologyOffroad could we get closer up shots of the colors and roundness? I know you posted some earlier, but can it be closer up and the possibility the same chip design. Are the New China Club chips considered the original blanks?
I think better colors are a result of them updating their printing equipment earlier in the year, not the blanks. But I could be wrong.

My biggest concern with a different blank is those of us adding on to earlier orders of Aria tournament chips. Or any other previous set in a future add on. One pic I saw showed a noticeable (when racked next to each other) difference in the diameter of the chip. That would not be cool, especially within the same set. Also, these chips were already quite thin, and it was mentioned the new chip might be even a bit thinner.

I think better colors are a result of them updating their printing equipment earlier in the year, not the blanks. But I could be wrong.

My biggest concern with a different blank is those of us adding on to earlier orders of Aria tournament chips. Or any other previous set in a future add on. One pic I saw showed a noticeable (when racked next to each other) difference in the diameter of the chip. That would not be cool, especially within the same set. Also, these chips were already quite thin, and it was mentioned the new chip might be even a bit thinner.
I didn't notice a difference in the stack height or any glaring color differences between the two blanks. You have to look very, very hard to notice the differences so I think you should be fine. To your average chipper they wouldn't notice (or probably care unlike us around here!)

No - the NCC chips are on the "new" mold. I posted some comparison photos a while ago in this thread. It looks like they're using the same blanks as Anita as per this thread/post.
Well if this is the case, the slight roundness is not bad. But from what I've read colors they about the same and I wouldn't mind getting sharper edges from the original blanks if it is possible.

Emailed Tina this afternoon and she got right back to me. White background is me and blue is Tina's response.

View attachment 781723

@nlhenerd @Pawn38 @cgpilot You guys feel free to copy this or link to it from your GB threads.
This is really interesting. Forget colour for a moment, but @JeepologyOffroad ’s pics* clearly show a difference in size and I’m pretty sure they’re all “Tina” chips. Seems like a sticky spot.

* Post in thread 'CARDS MOLD SHOWCASE!'
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/cards-mold-showcase.69344/post-1629712

I didn't notice a difference in the stack height or any glaring color differences between the two blanks. You have to look very, very hard to notice the differences so I think you should be fine. To your average chipper they wouldn't notice (or probably care unlike us around here!)
Now this has got me thinking we are now at a THIRD different blank from Tina. Your second blank was the same size. But the chips @JeepologyOffroad received very recently DEFINITELY are slightly different. I assume just not enough different that it throws off Tina & company's printing equipment. Here is the photo from his post. CLEARLY a slight difference in diameter and thickness.

Cards mold chip size differences.jpg

No, I think there are only two blanks - I just never measured the diameter. As @JeepologyOffroad points out, the diameter of the new chips is definitely different to the originals.

Tina_Blank_1.jpg

When in stacks, it is less noticeable as the difference is effectively halved.

Tina_Blank_2.jpg

The new blanks are very slightly thinner too (I have no callipers to measure). The middle blue barrel is the new blank and the two outside barrels are the old blank.

Tina_Blank_3.jpg

It's not enough to tilt me, but once you know you can never unsee it :cautious:

Pretty sure this was discussed a while back and might be in the thread detailing Tina vs Anita chips. Note she says, "we improved the cards mould". This appears to allude to the "new" blank version used by Anita chips. I guess new and improved means, "this is what we have now and you will like it".

Made in China, indeed.

I'm gonna have to take a closer look at my batch 2 cards mold chips now. I could see they had very slight differences color-wise, but they are close enough that I don't think I would ever notice it in play. The biggest difference I noticed were barrel views. The batch 2 chips were a matte finish, while the batch 1 chips had a little bit of shine.

QUARTERS - batch 1 (2 top racks) and batch 2 (bottom rack)
1632318241268.png

Very hard to tell any difference on the chip faces
fbbdddc3-906d-45e4-a900-bef3a936881e-jpeg.755131

DOLLARS - batch 1 (2 top racks) and batch 2 (bottom rack)
1632318333915.png

Can see more of a color variance on the blue chip faces. But again, it's very slight.
ce1fe505-a0e3-4a9b-9b08-802328477bc1-jpeg.755132

I'll need to look at the barrel heights, but it looks like they are very, very close based on what I can see in these pictures.

Sounds like most won’t have anything to worry about. Maybe my first starlites were a fluke because they are completely different

I'm gonna have to take a closer look at my batch 2 cards mold chips now. I could see they had very slight differences color-wise, but they are close enough that I don't think I would ever notice it in play. The biggest difference I noticed were barrel views. The batch 2 chips were a matte finish, while the batch 1 chips had a little bit of shine.

View attachment 781844

View attachment 781845

Can see more of a color variance on the blue chip faces. But again, it's very slight.

I'll need to look at the barrel heights, but it looks like they are very, very close based on what I can see in these pictures.
Are both these batches considered the new Tina's?

I can kinda tell the second batch looks slightly rounder and less color. Trying to figure out if this is a comparison with original or two new variations.

Emailed Tina this afternoon and she got right back to me. White background is me and blue is Tina's response.

View attachment 781723

@nlhenerd @Pawn38 @cgpilot You guys feel free to copy this or link to it from your GB threads.

View attachment 781844

View attachment 781845

If that is the extent of the variation then I’m impressed lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom