GB Completed Aria’s Tribute Cards Mold Group Buy US / CAN (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are both these batches considered the new Tina's?

I can kinda tell the second batch looks slightly rounder and less color. Trying to figure out if this is a comparison with original or two new variations.

They were both batches run by Tina's company. I received the first batch in February in the @SeanGecko group buy, and I received the second batch in August in the @Beakertwang group buy.

And I don't think it's less color in batch 2. Just more of a matte finish on the rolling edges.

They were both batches run by Tina's company. I received the first batch in February in the @SeanGecko group buy, and I received the second batch in August in the @Beakertwang group buy.

And I don't think it's less color in batch 2. Just more of a matte finish on the rolling edges.
Okay I was kind of taking matte into consideration, but it's hard to tell through photos sometimes given camera and monitor/screen variances.

Okay I was kind of taking matte into consideration, but it's hard to tell through photos sometimes given camera and monitor/screen variances.
Their newer chips are matte on edges right? I like that a lot more than glossy.

Their newer chips are matte on edges right? I like that a lot more than glossy.
No they're are not glossy on the side edges. The only "glossy" part is where the card molds are stamped in. Other than that it's matte throughout.

Yeah so I have decided I’m definitely in for a medium sized cash set up to 800 chips if a fifth GB breaks out haha.

I am sure we have not seen the last of these as interest is soaring.

PICTURE UPDATE:
Tina has shared a few more photos of our Aria's chips.
IMG_20210930_144927.jpg
IMG_20210930_145059.jpg

IMG_20210930_145712.jpg

Why are they shrink wrapped?
Has someone given them the go ahead to print?
If changes need to be made I’d bet a paycheck that these would still go in the mix of correct Chips, even if wrong

Sorry, I'm not understanding what you are asking. We cleared them for production several weeks ago. What changes need to be made?

Sorry, I'm not understanding what you are asking. We cleared them for production several weeks ago. What changes need to be made?
I think there was an earlier post in another thread today (maybe GB #4) that said the pics Tina sent was the "wrong" pic/version of the Aria's.
Someone asked why they were saying it was the wrong pic, but I didn't re-read that thread yet today.

Maybe ParrotheadMZ's post was related to that message?

No changes! My bad, I didn’t know they were approved.
Last I remember there was a color issue or something on the green chip or something.
Carry on....

They look great. How long does it take to ship? A month or two?

OK gang. We have photos. But I almost don't want to show them, because there are a few problems. I emailed Tina back and asked her to reprint the $1, $100 and the T25. It appears that all the chips were printed on chips that already had printing (incorrect) on the edges. Not a big deal, but in the past I thought they had done proofs on blank chips with white edges, so this is a little weird. If the entire artwork went on top of a previously printed chip with a different design already on it, I don't know how that might effect the colors. Anyway, I asked her if that is what happened, so we will see how she answers.

On the T25 I feel that the shade of green is just a touch off. Maybe a bit too light. Not a deal breaker but I'll let her try again to see if they can do a little better.

On the other hand, the rest of these look great. I LOVE how the Cranberry Red on the $5 and the Arc Yellow on the $20 turned out!!! :love::love::love:

PLEASE READ THIS ^^^ BEFORE COMMENTING ON THE PICS BELOW!

View attachment 774833

View attachment 774834

This is what we approved for production almost 3 weeks ago, with the understanding that the color bleed would be corrected and obviously the production chips would have aligned edges, which these proofs did not. I don't see any issues with these chips. If anyone else did, they didn't speak up in this thread or reach out to me. So this is what we are getting.

If there is a serious problem in todays photos, we need to hear about it ASAP so I can contact Tina. Please post EXACTLY what the problem is in this thread so everyone can see it and we can discuss together, Thank you.

They look great. How long does it take to ship? A month or two?

I think my GB was the last GB to be shipped (landed about 3 weeks ago) and it took 7 weeks to get to me, with the exception of a delay on 2 of 19 boxes which took an extra week. However, be aware that there is a historic backup on the west coast ports that is only getting worse by the day and it is likely to take longer. Additionally, be aware that it takes a lot of time and effort to organize and repack the chips.

Regarding shipping, I'm going to refer you all to this discussion in Sean's Batch #5 GB thread.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/us-can-batch-5-add-ons-no-new-sets.69886/post-1632281

The ports are VERY backed up right now. I want to say that Sean's shipment left China close to two months ago. At one time I think he was expecting delivery to his house on Sept 15th, but the chips have not even cleared customs yet and are not in the hands of UPS. So any estimate at all is pure guesswork. All we know is that they MIGHT be on the ship and underway by Oct. 8 which is one of the best turnaround times on Tina's end since we started this whole cards mold saga last summer. (2020)

Chips on a boat.jpg

Edit to meme - OUR chips!

The LONG journey has begun!!!

I don't think this will do much good, but here is the tracking number from Tina:

UPS tracking number :1Z7684XW0303473223 ,thanks!

Expectations:

• At least a MONTH on the boat.
  • Another month in the queue at the port and to clear customs
  • Another month for shipping to me and boxing and shipping out to you.
Expected GOAL for you to have chips in hand - end of January 2022. If we can beat that, consider it a blessing, and if we don't meet it, it won't be from lack of effort.

FYI - if they hit my doorstep right before Christmas, they will probably sit for a couple of weeks. I'm going to be traveling over the holidays.

View attachment 791622

I don't think this will do much good, but here is the tracking number from Tina:

Expectations:

Expected GOAL for you to have chips in hand - end of January 2022. If we can beat that, consider it a blessing, and if we don't meet it, it won't be from lack of effort.

FYI - if they hit my doorstep right before Christmas, they will probably sit for a couple of weeks. I'm going to be traveling over the holidays.
Traveling for Christmas? Your ass better be traveling on a sleigh delivering my poker chips if they come in on Christmas! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Seriously bro, thank you for organizing this. Your efforts are definitely appreciated. A+ experience.

View attachment 791622

Expectations:

Do you need a house sitter to watch for all those awesome chippies come in!

Can I get an update on where the chips are, please? :sneaky:
These are Schrodinger's chips. They currently exist both in China and at your doorstep. However, the moment you discover where they are, you have essentially caused them to go back to China. Monster.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom