Caution adviced when dealing with this member (4 Viewers)

Eriks

Straight Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I was gonna be content with leaving negative feedback and not do this, but then I got additional incentive. I do feel it’s in the best interest of this community so here goes:

@Poppin92 placed dibs on my set for sale.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...uba-tourney-set-340-chips.65757/#post-1337518

He told me in pm he couldn’t do paypal and we agreed on a bank transfer. This was wednesday afternoon dec 9. On friday he sent me a print screen of the bank transfer and said the money should be in my account later that day or on monday (clearly indicating transfer went through at his end). The money didn’t show up on friday.

On saturday he asks if I have dropped off the package. I tell him I will on monday when the transfer clears.
No money on monday and I ask him if he really made the transfer on thursday. He says he did and refers back to the print screen confirmation.

I am really suspicious by now and when the money doesn’t show up on tuesday either I tell him I believe he tried to scam me by trying to get me to send the package before receiving payment.

Now all of a sudden he says the payment didn’t go through because of insufficient funds. He asks that I give him to the following monday to make payment. I tell him I won’t do business since I can’t trust him and because his stalling has lost me two other potential buyers that expressed interest and then moved on to other purchases.

Fast forward to this past saturday. He asks if I’m willing to reconsider and sell him the set. He says he 100% wants it, that everything was a misunderstanding and he will make the transfer on monday. I decide to give him one more chance and agree.

On tuesday (no money) I ask him if he made the transfer on monday. He says no, but now he’s able to do paypal and will do so as soon as he gets his paycheck later that day or on wednesday at the latest. I say fine.

And now today, thursday evening, no transfer has been made...and he doesn’t respond to my pm even though I can see he’s been logging in very frequently.
I have been in contact with three other members who I know have been jerked around in a similar manner by @Poppin92 I’ll let them decide for themselves whether they want to share their dealings here or not.

Tl;dr: if you’re gonna deal with @Poppin92 be cautious. Do NOT send him anything before actually receiving payment. At best he likes to dibs sets he can’t afford/have no intention of buying and keeps jerking you around. At worst he’s trying to scam you.

Ah. The old "Give me a cheeseburger today for two cheeseburgers next week"

...... Okay, so it had nothing to do with that, but I'm fat and love cheeseburgers....

-------E -------E -------E
A $300 set seems like the perfect candidate. Cheap enough that I might take his word for it and ship prematurely.

E
Ok, I was gonna be content with leaving negative feedback and not do this, but then I got additional incentive. I do feel it’s in the best interest of this community so here goes:

@Poppin92 placed dibs on my set for sale.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...uba-tourney-set-340-chips.65757/#post-1337518

He told me in pm he couldn’t do paypal and we agreed on a bank transfer. This was wednesday afternoon dec 9. On friday he sent me a print screen of the bank transfer and said the money should be in my account later that day or on monday (clearly indicating transfer went through at his end). The money didn’t show up on friday.

On saturday he asks if I have dropped off the package. I tell him I will on monday when the transfer clears.
No money on monday and I ask him if he really made the transfer on thursday. He says he did and refers back to the print screen confirmation.

I am really suspicious by now and when the money doesn’t show up on tuesday either I tell him I believe he tried to scam me by trying to get me to send the package before receiving payment.

Now all of a sudden he says the payment didn’t go through because of insufficient funds. He asks that I give him to the following monday to make payment. I tell him I won’t do business since I can’t trust him and because his stalling has lost me two other potential buyers that expressed interest and then moved on to other purchases.

Fast forward to this past saturday. He asks if I’m willing to reconsider and sell him the set. He says he 100% wants it, that everything was a misunderstanding and he will make the transfer on monday. I decide to give him one more chance and agree.

On tuesday (no money) I ask him if he made the transfer on monday. He says no, but now he’s able to do paypal and will do so as soon as he gets his paycheck later that day or on wednesday at the latest. I say fine.

And now today, thursday evening, no transfer has been made...and he doesn’t respond to my pm even though I can see he’s been logging in very frequently.
I have been in contact with three other members who I know have been jerked around in a similar manner by @Poppin92 I’ll let them decide for themselves whether they want to share their dealings here or not.

Tl;dr: if you’re gonna deal with @Poppin92 be cautious. Do NOT send him anything before actually receiving payment. At best he likes to dibs sets he can’t afford/have no intention of buying and keeps jerking you around. At worst he’s trying to scam you.
it’s all good , this is just you’re frustration because you still have that set and can’t find a buyer . I intended to make payment even when u first gave me poor feedback . You act like the buyer and if I where the seller , you have the chips with you that’s a fact . If I did want to scam or not is not a FACT . It’s your thought , and I politely asked if I can still buy that set . You said ok fine , we where communicating 2 days ago about me waiting on paycheck to make the PayPal you said ok fine . You just ruined that as well , nicely done . Have fun making me loook bad , it also says something about you .

E

it’s all good , this is just you’re frustration because you still have that set and can’t find a buyer . I intended to make payment even when u first gave me poor feedback . You act like the buyer and if I where the seller , you have the chips with you that’s a fact . If I did want to scam or not is not a FACT . It’s your thought , and I politely asked if I can still buy that set . You said ok fine , we where communicating 2 days ago about me waiting on paycheck to make the PayPal you said ok fine . You just ruined that as well , nicely done . Have fun making me loook bad , it also says something about you .
Damn right I’m frustrated. Like I said, I turned down two others wanting to buy the set because you were first in line. I don’t know for sure you tried to scam me but I know for sure you jerked me around for two weeks and I wanna spare others from your bullshit. I think you’re doing a fine job of making yourself look bad.

Funnily enough I wanted to buy your set as I thought it would just about be sufficient for the cash game I host. However, you said the sale was already pending so I started looking at other options and ended up going down a Paulson rabbit hole.

Bought two racks of new RHCs (and some BTPs) before quickly being told they suck and I should get THCs, so I have since bought a few racks of Aurora and Empress star and today I find out they also suck as they are not leaded. So now I find myself with no perfect chips after spending a reasonable amount trying to get them, something I didn’t even know about until recently and if Poppin hasn’t messed you around I probably would have been satisfied with the Matsuis and not done any more research into the topic.

E

Ohhhhhkaaaayyyy.....

Damn right I’m frustrated. Like I said, I turned down two others wanting to buy the set because you were first in line. I don’t know for sure you tried to scam me but I know for sure you jerked me around for two weeks and I wanna spare others from your bullshit. I think you’re doing a fine job of making yourself look bad.
Eriks . This morning what you said to me was unnecessary. We where in the phase of waiting for payment and I’m being 100% honest I was already thinking about that set and playing with it . Why you texted me a unnecessary text after we just spoke about waiting on paycheck and immediately paying you . You send me this morning ;

“I’m curious what excuse this time you have , merry Christmas “

you realize this was a unnecessary text and also humiliating, to someone who still wanted to do business with you AFTER you gave negative feedback .

Look buddy, you’re not the one doing the favors here. I was gonna let you buy the set despite my suspicions. But again you failed to deliver on your promise so now I’m done. I think I’ll be ok without your measly $300.

@Poppin92 - I’m going to assume the high road here and trust that you meant no harm. That being said, members here often trust each other for hundreds and often thousands of dollars in $ or chips per transaction.

When that goes south you have to expect ripples if not waves. Your word is all you have in interactions with strangers in this community and unfortunately it appears you didn’t place the necessary weight on said word. Lessons learned hopefully...so all can still have a happy holiday season!

Eriks . This morning what you said to me was unnecessary. We where in the phase of waiting for payment and I’m being 100% honest I was already thinking about that set and playing with it . Why you texted me a unnecessary text after we just spoke about waiting on paycheck and immediately paying you . You send me this morning ;

“I’m curious what excuse this time you have , merry Christmas “

you realize this was a unnecessary text and also humiliating, to someone who still wanted to do business with you AFTER you gave negative feedback .
I said that one day after our latest and last deadline, and I think at that point a little sarcasm was not uncalled for. The ”merry christmas” is still sincere though

Hi , thank you for the support and understanding. Listen I told Eriks my behavior was not on point BUT I didn’t scam him nor intended and he did act like I did . I’m a new chipper and just where too enthousiast about it , that’s where I made my mistake and I did indeed learned . But there a two sides of every story and I also saw that he still talked to me like I was a scammer and that felt humiliating . And still is , it’s good tho no problem . GLWS

Look buddy, you’re not the one doing the favors here. I was gonna let you buy the set despite my suspicions. But again you failed to deliver on your promise so now I’m done. I think I’ll be ok without your measly $300.
@Erik, I feel a little bit sorry that I didnt post it. I had exactly the same story with this user!

Hello @Tommy

Can you add an ouch emoji?

Holy Smokes, Learning fast how it works out here! But it seems there's more good than not so good so I'll hang out! Erik's do like the movie frozen!

"Let it go" thank you , next.

I’m all for being nice and courteous, but I’d always express extreme caution dealing with new people. Just as a safety net. If you do that, there’s no need for this.

Sucks that it worked out this way, but I seriously doubt any older members (those with much more experience than me) would have even got to this point. Under no circumstances do I send chips before payment, and if you’re having issues, then you just catch the next sale. Seems like a simple fix to me.

I am usually inclined to believe things fall apart out of lack of desire or unawareness rather than malice. I don’t know about this situation, but for @Poppin92 or any other new members here just know that if you post dibs on something you need to be able to close the transaction that day. PayPal is the universally accepted payment here and if you want to pay by some other means you should inquire about that at the time of dibs or before. If you have other questions about payment terms then address them before dibs. And stick to your word.

The vast majority of transactions go smoothly here and they go lightning fast and smooth once you are established and have dealt with and communicated with specific people frequently.

I’m all for being nice and courteous, but I’d always express extreme caution dealing with new people. Just as a safety net. If you do that, there’s no need for this.

Sucks that it worked out this way, but I seriously doubt any older members (those with much more experience than me) would have even got to this point. Under no circumstances do I send chips before payment, and if you’re having issues, then you just catch the next sale. Seems like a simple fix to me.
Oh, you old coot.

I’m just waiting on his simple yes and then we can solve this , I still want to do that because I want that set and he lost 2 buyers because of me as he said so I can fix that by making the PayPal and leave it at that . I just hope he gives in , it will be a win win for both of us . Because I don’t want to be portrayed this way , I’m a new chipper who didn’t know what he want at first and made mistakes with my communication.

D1E11672-4C1E-4CF8-BAD3-81CD09FA5C6E.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom