Caution adviced when dealing with this member (10 Viewers)

A couple things. I haven’t read everything but read enough and had two beers so feel obligated to post.

First of all, Merry Christmas all!!!!

Second, The first to contact me directly via PM expressing interest gets the right to the item. If I need the cash right away and the buyer can’t pay, everything’s gotta be up front. I’ll say if I am not paid by xday then I will move on. If I am in no rush I will give whoever as much time as they need. This is an expensive ass hobby, filled with pretty cool people. Not everyone is playing $5/$10 NL and cash is tight. As long as everyis honest it’s all good.

Third, “dibs” in a thread is a joke. It is worthless and means precisely shit. People call dibs for other people ffs.

Once a PM is started then the item is pending, just don’t be a piece of shit and once you say I’ll take it, and take it. Realize that when a seller says an item is pending, then other potential buyers have moved on and you are costing them money if you go back on your word.

TLDR: buyers and sellers need to be honest and open. 99.9% of the people on this forum are very understanding and reasonable people.

“dibs” in a thread is a joke. It is worthless and means precisely shit.

now i'm curious, is this the general consensus here? if someone calls dibs in a thread for something i am interested in, i generally don't try to PM the seller to get it out from under them, nor would i accept an offer through such a PM before giving the original person calling dibs in the thread first chance to complete the deal if i am the seller.

is this the general consensus? if someone calls dibs in a thread for something i am interested in, i generally don't try to PM the seller to get it out from under them, nor would i accept an offer through such a PM before giving the original person calling dibs in the thread first chance to complete the deal.
I too will honor dibs and in turn expect dibsers to honor their commitment. I’ve had others backing out from dibs before as well. Although it’s been nothing like this I really dislike it.

Funnily enough I wanted to buy your set as I thought it would just about be sufficient for the cash game I host. However, you said the sale was already pending so I started looking at other options and ended up going down a Paulson rabbit hole.

Bought two racks of new RHCs (and some BTPs) before quickly being told they suck and I should get THCs, so I have since bought a few racks of Aurora and Empress star and today I find out they also suck as they are not leaded. So now I find myself with no perfect chips after spending a reasonable amount trying to get them, something I didn’t even know about until recently and if Poppin hasn’t messed you around I probably would have been satisfied with the Matsuis and not done any more research into the topic.
I'm confused what's wrong with not being leaded?

now i'm curious, is this the general consensus here? if someone calls dibs in a thread for something i am interested in, i generally don't try to PM the seller to get it out from under them, nor would i accept an offer through such a PM before giving the original person calling dibs in the thread first chance to complete the deal if i am the seller.

Posting dibs, IMO, means exactly nothing if it isn’t followed up with a PM right away. I’ve seen countless examples of dibs called and released within a short time frame. If dibs are posted and not followed up on promptly I will in no circumstances honour them.

E

it’s all good , this is just you’re frustration because you still have that set and can’t find a buyer . I intended to make payment even when u first gave me poor feedback . You act like the buyer and if I where the seller , you have the chips with you that’s a fact . If I did want to scam or not is not a FACT . It’s your thought , and I politely asked if I can still buy that set . You said ok fine , we where communicating 2 days ago about me waiting on paycheck to make the PayPal you said ok fine . You just ruined that as well , nicely done . Have fun making me loook bad , it also says something about you .

tenor - 2020-12-20T135711.323.gif

Posting dibs, IMO, means exactly nothing if it isn’t followed up with a PM right away. I’ve seen countless examples of dibs called and released within a short time frame. If dibs are posted and not followed up on promptly I will in no circumstances honour them.

sure, but then i move to backup dibs. my point was i do not consider it "worthless" as quoted, and in fact i consider it the official selling order whether i am the seller or the buyer. and i have always assumed everyone else here did too.

Dibs is not a contract. It can be a indicator of interest, but dibs law would be madness!

Dibs is not a contract.

sorry but again, this is not what i said. when someone calls dibs in my sale threads, i give them first dibs, and i assume the same in others' sale threads. what i am asking is if this is not how other people handle it. e.g. if someone calls dibs in your sale thread, but then someone you have a history with PMs you with interest after that, do you ignore the dibs and sell to the other member? this is what i am trying to suss out here.

sorry but again, this is not what i said. when someone calls dibs in my sale threads, i give them first dibs, and i assume the same in others' sale threads. what i am asking is if this is not how other people handle it. e.g. if someone calls dibs in your sale thread, but then someone you have a history with PMs you with interest after that, do you ignore the dibs and sell to the other member? this is what i am trying to suss out here.
...... Never said you did? Was saying my view? Words?

This is terrible logic lol, at the end of the day you agreed to buy something as advertised, simple as that. Changing your mind after you already agreed is not something that is just okay, it really effects the buyer negatively.
So how do you feel about a seller here agreeing to sell you something they had listed in an ad, then after you pay for it they make excuses for a week before they finally make a better deal for themselves with someone else and then take their money and refund yours?
do pms without dibs count if they are first?

Also, should dibs be capitalized as a formal action?

...... Never said you did? Was saying my view? Words?

lol my bad and all apologies, i realized after i posted that you were not replying to my most recent post. i blame the yellow russians.

I’m just saying, post dibs in my thread and then promptly follow up via PM and we got a deal. Post dibs, disappear for awhile with no contact, I’m prolly moving on unless we have a history. If you can post dibs you can post a quick PM indicating you’re serious but can’t talk right now (e.g. work, family, etc.).

Never assume posting dibs actually means anything. I’m not passing up a sale while someone with dibs gets buyers remorse and backs out.

All that said, I’ve had very few issues in over 12 years in the hobby. I’ve made at least one mistake with a member here that burned a bridge, and there’s at least one time where I got screwed. Overall that’s very minimal and in both cases I’ve tried to move on at this point in my life.

So how do you feel about a seller here agreeing to sell you something they had listed in an ad, then after you pay for it they make excuses for a week before they finally make a better deal for themselves with someone else and then take their money and refund yours?
I consider that dirty - if I make a deal then I make a deal. No going back for me.

Every group and forum I have been a part of, the "dibs" posts are meaningless. You want it, you pm the seller. Nothing is final until money sent, and first to move the cash gets the goods. Many times sellers are courteous enough to post a followup "sold pending" notice, but those are very short terms. If you cant pay what you claimed in short order, it goes to whoever ponies up. If you want to try to haggle over price, thats fine but its done in PMs and nothing gets held for you while you try to negotiate.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom