Calling All Iron Maiden Fans! Help Choose my Limited Edition CPC 2.50!! (1 Viewer)

Which art should be used. Killers or Piece of Mind?

• Killers

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Piece of Mind

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Im a huge Maiden Fan. They are who got me into playing guitar way back. Now it's time to put them on an upcoming set of chips! View attachment 867110
The reverse will have its own art so this is just the front side.
Steve - You need to get the Iron Maiden Pinball. I'd like to be the first to state I would purchase a dealer button or two once you have them made for your set. also @Himewad

I’m not familiar with the album names, so I chose the wrong one until I googled them. Might want to label them.

Cool idea.

This is awesome!

I really like the Killers album art but Piece of Mind looks better on this chip.

What's the significance of the date and location or is that just placeholder text?

Killers by far. Not just a great album but one of their best songs. Plus Murders in the Rue Morgue, Innocent Exile, and Wrathchild? Come on. Steve Harris and Cliff Burton are why I bought a bass guitar, though I've never put the time in to get any good.

That inlay is crazy busy though.

This is awesome!

I really like the Killers album art but Piece of Mind looks better on this chip.

What's the significance of the date and location or is that just placeholder text?
The date is my birthday, lol. The location is consistent with the fantasy chips and theme I made on the Sunflys. If you're gojng to go fantasy, dream big. :LOL: :laugh:

Zomg, love the idea! Oh we definitely need some kind of dealer buttons here!!! Killers by far, btw!

I wonder if @Glacier ever made his DBs... I threw this one together as a mock-up in like 5 minutes and after seeing the CPC chips in the OP, I might have to do something like this soon.
1645381594975.png

This is awesome!

This exactly. Love the Killers artwork more, but the Piece of Mind image works better on your chip. Image fits in with its heavy use of yellow. Also easier to "read" with all the other stuff going on.

The Maiden song I can't get enough of is El Dorado.

The eternal lie I've told
About the pyramids of gold
I've got you hooked at every turn
Your money's left to burn

Yes!

Killers is a more iconic image, and thus in a sense a more generic image. The Killers cover strikes me as appropriate for a "greatest hits" tour or a "hey we're still playing tours" tour, whereas the PoM cover feels more like "We're touring in support of this particular album" (even though both of them are forty years old, lol).

So at least to my aesthetic sensibilities, it depends on which sort of "concert appearance" you're trying to invoke with this commemorative chip. My take would be that for the Legacy World Tour '22 I'd go with Killers, but again I could see choosing PoM instead.

I think that's what I love most about them. Every album is so completely different from the previous, yet still keeps their sound. Gotta say, though. Senjutsu is a pretty damn good album. Possibly their best of late. Book of Souls has some great riffs, Matter of Life and Death, some of their best guitar work. But nothing compares to anything from the 80s and 90s.

Nope. These are being added to my main order of FDLs
So is CPC still allowing additional new chips (or just art) to be added to the upcoming FDL run? Asking for a “friend” …lol

Aces High, Powerslave and 7th Son album art would be high on my list.

Wow. 50/50 huh?
Looks like it's going to be a surprise! :p

There were some very valid points made that have ultimately swayed my decision.

Thanks guys.

Last edited:
Just missed the poll, and since Aces High was not an option, I would've gone with Piece of Mind. But either way, should be pretty sick!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom