Tolkien / LOTR Inspired T-Mold Hot Stamps (1 Viewer)

As requested, here are the mockups for my cash set with the Tolkien influence. This was the first of my two custom sets. On the first side there is a Tolkien-inspired star symbol, surrounded by six small stars. I drew from the heraldry devices of the sons of Finwe - see The Silmarillion.

jh_back_mock.jpg

The reverse side has the H for my last name, two different sets of stars, and there's a watermark of the inner part of the star from the first side.
jh_front_mock.jpg

Later on I had some $2s made:
jh_c_2a.jpg

I spent a ton of time creating this set and, after almost 10 years, I'm still very happy with the results and don't have any regrets. Knowing what I do now, and having seen hundreds of different designs and learned a lot, there are a couple things I may have done differently (color swap between the .25 and $1 is the big one - but I was thinking inflation and the $1 was going to see a lot of use, so...) but, particularly with the Tolkien influence, this is what I was going for with my design.

Last edited:
As requested, here are the mockups for my cash set with the Tolkien influence. This was the first of my two custom sets. On the first side there is a Tolkien-inspired star symbol, surrounded by six small stars. I drew from the heraldry devices of the sons of Finwe - see The Silmarillion.

View attachment 848840

The reverse side has the H for my last name, two different sets of stars, and there's a watermark of the inner part of the star from the first side.
View attachment 848841
Later on I had some $2s made:
View attachment 848846

I spent a ton of time creating this set and, after almost 10 years, I'm still very happy with the results and don't have any regrets. Knowing what I do now, and having seen hundreds of different designs and learned a lot, there are a couple things I may have done differently (color swap between the .25 and $1 is the big one - but I was thinking inflation and the $1 was going to see a lot of use, so...) but, particularly with the Tolkien influence, this is what I was going for with my design.

We asked for pics, not mockups.... ;);):ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Very cool design, thanks for sharing! If I had gone with CPC, CSQ was definitely the mold of choice. Nice work.

And another little goodie for the LOTR fans.....

Reactions: BNM
Here is the tourney set I had made a couple years later. The image on the inlay is comprised of the family names, an aspect of the current heraldry from those names and in the background is a watermark of the Tolkien-inspired star from my cash set.
jh_tour_mock_front.jpg

jh_tour_mock_back.jpg

This set is a bit less Tolkien-heavy, but I really like the way the watermark worked out. Overall, I feel like this set is a more complete and fluid design. It reflects the extra couple years of learning from others and soliciting more feedback to make those final touches to refine the set.

Thanks for letting me jump into your thread @Irish!

And another little goodie for the LOTR fans.....

Ah, so they are going with the 2nd age then. Some really great potential with this age, provided they give the stories their due. Wish they'd do the first age, though, as hard as it is. Then everyone could understand what huge a$$hats the Noldor/elves were! :)

Here is the tourney set I had made a couple years later. The image on the inlay is comprised of the family names, an aspect of the current heraldry from those names and in the background is a watermark of the Tolkien-inspired star from my cash set.
.View attachment 848882
View attachment 848881
This set is a bit less Tolkien-heavy, but I really like the way the watermark worked out. Overall, I feel like this set is a more complete and fluid design. It reflects the extra couple years of learning from others and soliciting more feedback to make those final touches to refine the set.

Thanks for letting me jump into your thread @Irish!

Wow, I really dig that tourney set, especially that 25k! You're more than welcome to add the pics here, but honestly two beautiful sets like that really deserver their own thread!

Reactions: BNM

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom