Building my own poker table (1 Viewer)

These were the first two tables I did. They are 60 inches wide. The rail was a little troublesome but T_Chan said he knew some tricks to make them easier. I'll hit him up if I decide to build one again. The one one with blue speed cloth I had a pro do the rail, she sewed it and put it on. I wasn't happy with her work at all. The one with red speed cloth I did the rail myself but I cut each side and covered them individually. My guys actually like it better, they say their space is more defined. Where are you in Chicago? In the city or burbs? If your close, you could come look at my tables and get some ideas. I don't have the plans written down anywhere, I just had them in my head and rolled with it.
View attachment 148862 View attachment 148862 View attachment 148865
I have more pictures of the build as well if you want to see them.
I’m located in the western burbs I live in Addison/villa park area.

Octagons work, rounds work, lots of different options and examples...

Best to use 3/4" plywood, any plywood will work but it's easier to work with cabinet grade plywood. The more ply's in the wood the better.

Those are my two favorite builds! I would love something like that.

Attachments

• CAB54873-EB64-403F-AA56-B6F549246764.png
    CAB54873-EB64-403F-AA56-B6F549246764.png
    452.6 KB · Views: 205
  • 8BD2EF0F-AB58-4C35-B34F-A74167172654.png
    8BD2EF0F-AB58-4C35-B34F-A74167172654.png
    462.6 KB · Views: 205
are just doing felt and padded rail or are you looking to have wood finished rail and chip trays still?

If padded rail and felt 3/4" plywood will be all you need. You could still use 3/4 as the base and a finishable hard wood for the other option. if your really worried about durability you could double your plywood but that SOB will be HEAVY AF.

@T_Chan has you covered on the custom felt shoot him a PM
I like the wood finished rail.

I like the wood finished rail.

Racetracks (or wooden ring just inside the rail) are highly regarded as nice to look at, but they play horribly.
Loud (clay chips + wood = bad). AND Often uneven surface between betting line and where the chips are stacked. This 7neven surface presents ALL sorts of playability issues. Movement of cards and chips in either direction, and do t ge5 me started about cup holders in the racetrack, lol... just collect chips (never do this).

I’ve decided that the design I want.

Best to use 3/4" plywood, any plywood will work but it's easier to work with cabinet grade plywood. The more ply's in the wood the better.

Attachments

• 576CD45B-C298-459E-983A-13682DDFE53A.jpeg
    576CD45B-C298-459E-983A-13682DDFE53A.jpeg
    103.4 KB · Views: 175
2 sheets of 5x5 plywood, pedestal with claw toed feet and jumbo stainless steel cup holders, 6" wide vinyl rail and custom printed gaming suede. It's a subtle pattern but it is a custom print with the betting line. The stain color is Ebony by Minwax in case you want to do the same stain as well.

If you want to just buy a table like that, I know a guy who can hook you up :whistle: :whistling:

OP,

I just picked up a table from Chanman and it is the bees knees. I have played with several DIY tables and seen many...to be honest people that DIY always fuck it up somewhere along the way.

I recommend saving up some money and getting Tony to make you a table... done right.

Just my 2c.

OP,

I just picked up a table from Chanman and it is the bees knees. I have played with several DIY tables and seen many...to be honest people that DIY always fuck it up somewhere along the way.

I recommend saving up some money and getting Tony to make you a table... done right.

Just my 2c.
I hear ya but I get the satisfaction of making it myself. And I will have him do my custom felt.

2 sheets of 5x5 plywood, pedestal with claw toed feet and jumbo stainless steel cup holders, 6" wide vinyl rail and custom printed gaming suede. It's a subtle pattern but it is a custom print with the betting line. The stain color is Ebony by Minwax in case you want to do the same stain as well.

If you want to just buy a table like that, I know a guy who can hook you up :whistle: :whistling:
How much would you charge for that table but I want custom felt with my unit I deployed with in Afghanistan?

Ah so he is, I need to read more slowly. I read this one first "I hear ya but I get the satisfaction of making it myself. And I will have him do my custom felt" and then assumed the next post was about cloth pricing.

Sending a PM.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom