Borealis Star (1 Viewer)

I really don't get it...bumping a thread like this but also expecting those some people to sell you chips.
Tried to tell him this before and he laughed it off then as well. The chips he wants at the price he wants them would draw in fifty interested parties who haven’t bashed GB members. I can’t see him being chosen :)

Tried to tell him this before and he laughed it off then as well. The chips he wants at the price he wants them would draw in fifty interested parties who haven’t bashed GB members. I can’t see him being chosen :)
I bumped because I seriously think we should reach back out to GPI. I don’t think I should be treated poorly for that. I think someone, not me (I have been classified as dull) should email that rep. @nezara i am in with you!

Also, in all seriousness, @Ronoh and @Thomacetti do you know of ANYONE willing to sell a small Empress Star tournament set for $3-4 a chip? PM me.

I think the original gb was handled by people with excellent knowledge of the industry.

The rest of us, I feel, may lack the experience and expertise to execute an endeavor like this.

Attempting this unsuccessfully could frig over the communities relationship with GPI, cause serious issues with the previous gb or cause someone legal issues.

I say leave the gb with the experts. If there is another opportunity, you'll have a better chance of knowing by staying in tune with the forums and being in good standing with the community.

To those wanting to buy the star chips, check the classified section like everyone else.

Last edited:
I have no problem with the deal that went down with GPI, I say kudos to the folks that made it happen and I'm genuinely happy for their success at acquiring some beautiful chips.

One thing though, I honestly find it hard to believe that GPI was 'duped' - while on the surface it looks like their official policy is no sales to the general public, the reality is that a six figure order was probably just too good to pass up. I'd wager dollars to donuts that the sales rep was fully aware of what was happening and cleared it with his bosses based on the size of the order. It's not like such large orders come in every day from the general public. Then again I could be totally wrong, it's been known to happen.

Getting slightly off topic here. Let's focus only on the parts of the other buy related to a future buy.

@nezara

The buy happened a year before you joined (there was no opportunity for you to be included) and the existence of these chips were outed 2 months prior to when you joined.

I’m sorry you feel unwelcome and taken advantage of, but weren’t all these facts apparent when you joined?

Good luck with your efforts finding the chips you want.
Thankyou Jeff for making it clear :sneaky:

We can probably guess what GPI group buys are going on at the moment by looking at what is being sold by GB members. Lots of AS quarters and 1s on the market, so I'd hazard a guess that the GB is ordering new AS 25¢ and $1 chips.

We can probably guess what GPI group buys are going on at the moment by looking at what is being sold by GB members. Lots of AS quarters and 1s on the market, so I'd hazard a guess that the GB is ordering new AS 25¢ and $1 chips.

I was wondering how many different unique chips bear the Star brand. There are a lot of different quarters from the pics I've seen.

I was wondering how many different unique chips bear the Star brand. There are a lot of different quarters from the pics I've seen.
I believe those are relabels. I’ve seen the pink snappers relabelled and the $2s relabelled as quarters.

People just done f'n get it, the reason it was successful was that it was "NOT TRANSPARENT" to the overall community. What do you think the the chances are that the GB would have been successful if there was full transparency? Little to none if I was a betting man. Hahaha.

People, just be happy that a large order of very nice paulsons are made available to the community. Creating threads like this may jeopardize sales for other GB's that are ongoing, like the promotional chips that dont really look like promotional chips that Josh at Apache is organizing. Maybe they are not related and they may be completely 2 separate entities, but it makes me nervous.

People just done f'n get it, the reason it was successful was that it was "NOT TRANSPARENT" to the overall community. What do you think the the chances are that the GB would have been successful if there was full transparency? Little to none if I was a betting man. Hahaha.

People, just be happy that a large order of very nice paulsons are made available to the community. Creating threads like this may jeopardize sales for other GB's that are ongoing, like the promotional chips that dont really look like promotional chips that Josh at Apache is organizing. Maybe they are not related and they may be completely 2 separate entities, but it makes me nervous.

If these are being "made available to the community" someone let me know how to get in on it. So far I've seen a few hundred chips raffled at cost, several sets auctioned with heavy price gouging, and a lot of pent up community demand.

How about offering "the community" 20+ set raffles at cost? If these can be ordered at cost why not let more in on it, via PMs if necessary?

You are hypothesizing again..

I was merely trying to point out your comments/attitude were unlikely to assist in you in your endeavor to obtain more chips.

#makechippinggreatagain
Having spent most of my working life as a buyer/negotiator, I just want to confirm this.
Strating out with "you're an asshat" is a bad beginning.

Having spent most of my working life as a buyer/negotiator, I just want to confirm this. Strating out with "you're an asshat" is a bad beginning.

A wise man once told me, and it remains some of the best business advice I’ve ever received...

“No one will work with you, if they don’t like you.”

Being able to ingratiate one’s self in a business/transactional environment is an ability many lack in this day and age.

A wise man once told me, and it remains some of the best business advice I’ve ever received...

“No one will work with you, if they don’t like you.”

Being able to ingratiate one’s self in a business/transactional environment is an ability many lack in this day and age.
I spent most of my professional years in Buying/negotiating and now Sales. This experience has told me that negotiations should only be done when face to face with the person you are negotiating with. This also goes for debating. Unfortunately most people either read it or write what they want to express the wrong way which leads to miscommunication. As we all know miscommunication leads to BS!

David

Last edited:
Really not sure what that has to do with anything. Sorry but as a mod there are times I will express myself as well. The mod part generally comes in when someone reports something.

Ok, so my personal opinion is that mods should be held to a higher standard than regular forum members and shouldn't be attacking other members personally.

Expressing yourself doesn't mean putting others down.

Ok, so my personal opinion is that mods should be held to a higher standard than regular forum members and shouldn't be attacking other members personally.

I think the mods are doing a damn good job, considering the circumstances.

Maybe, just maybe, if the trolling and inappropriate behavior stopped, the occasional flippant remarks would cease.

I guess some people just love to stoke the fire.

I agree but as I stated in another post. Was @Jeff putting him down or was it "tongue in cheek"? I do not know that answer and I am not sure anyone does except for the person that wrote it. I am only saying that everyone is quick to condemn another without really knowing what the intentions were.

But your point is well taken.

One final comment. As a mod we are still a member of the "community" and should be able to express ourselves as well.I think we as a community should hold all ourselves to a higher standard.

I think we as a community should hold all ourselves to a higher standard.

This is a great sentiment, but what do you mean, specifically?

To me, a "community" is a group of individuals that help one another, look out for each other, and share resources for the common good.

Do you mean there should be more of this? Or, which standard(s) should be raised?

This is a great sentiment, but what do you mean, specifically?

To me, a "community" is a group of individuals that help one another, look out for each other, and share resources for the common good.

Do you mean there should be more of this? Or, which standard(s) should be raised?
As I have stated over and over I am not interested in debating on an internet site.

I just think we should all look at ourselves and what we actually do for a community? What is a community? Does a community separate and then throw stones at each other? I do not have the answers but I think we should all look at ourselves.

We all want a great "community" and the person I look at to make a positive change is the same person I see in the mirror every morning.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom