Board Gamers, show us your loot! (3 Viewers)

The cheapest method is the Plano tackle boxes described as YASS on the BGG message board. Lots of discussion on there about organizers. I played a friend's copy and he didn't use anything.
What we did was get a bunch of small plastic bags for the standees and a bunch of envelopes larger than the monster stat cards. Each set of monsters gets it own bag. Each envelope is loaded with a monster deck and the monster standee bags and stat cards needed for it. Label each envelope (files available on BGG) Then ditch the "organizer" that came with the game and store the envelopes vertically sorted by deck name. Not as fancy, but much cheaper than a wooden organizer.

Just upgraded to a Kallax a few weeks ago. Got some work to do to fill it up
61656846_10103611436875457_5324210527214239744_n.jpg

Any interesting kickstarters people are following? It’s not Kickstarter but I’m trying to pre-order 1862 and the Dilluvia project but my preferred online store doesn’t have them up yet.

I realized any 18xx game I buy and make an organizer for is a business write off so that is a win. The ones I have done so far have been surprisingly popular

Any interesting kickstarters people are following? It’s not Kickstarter but I’m trying to pre-order 1862 and the Dilluvia project but my preferred online store doesn’t have them up yet.

I realized any 18xx game I buy and make an organizer for is a business write off so that is a win. The ones I have done so far have been surprisingly popular

I backed Awkward Guests, Wavelengths, and All Manor of Evil. Just waiting for them to ship.

18Chesapeake and Age of Steam.

I've been able to play some games at lunch at work more often lately. I taught my co-worker Tiny Epic Galaxies and we played through it a few times. Each game has been very close. We might get some 3-player games of that in when another guy gets back from vacation. I think we're going to try Tiny Epic Quest next. I got a used copy of it recently but it hasn't hit the table yet.

@One Eyed Dollar Appreciate the info! Half of us read through a ton beforehand, so it was a bit of slow climbing through the first scenario.

Anyone use a specific organizer? I’d like to use the broken token but at about $100 for an organizer of a game that costs about the same....
The cheapest method is the Plano tackle boxes described as YASS on the BGG message board. Lots of discussion on there about organizers. I played a friend's copy and he didn't use anything.

I use the YASS method as well. After one play of the game I wasn't going to play again without some sort of storage solution that sped setup up a bit.

I am pleased with the results, even though I haven't been able to get out back to the table for true testing...

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1726878/yss-yet-another-storage-solution

I've only regretted missing two Kickstarters ever. The first was Blood Rage. The second was City of the Big Shoulders. It went completely under my radar. I'm crossing my fingers that I can still get a retail copy.

Quinces is distributing city of the big shoulders iirc. I skipped it because I wasn’t sure how well attaching shares to a regular worker placement game would go

We played a family game of Scooby Doo Monopoly yesterday! Well, we started it anyway, still more to go...

I know everyone hates on Monopoly nowadays (for many valid reasons), but this was a win for me because:
- I played a ton of Monopoly as a kid so there's the nostalgia aspect
- My son actually suggested we could all 4 play a game together
- This is the first time my daughter has played it or anything of this length and she's doing pretty good (she has trouble sitting still for long games)

So hopefully this is a step on the way to playing some better games as a family! To that end, I'm going to try to get all of us to start Stuffed Fables tomorrow. Hope it works out!

Am I the only one who finds Shogun to be a vastly superior game to Axis and Allies?

Nearly any "modern war game" is going to be better than the "classics" (A&A, Risk, etc.) IMO. Game mechanics have come a long way since the 80's.

Am I the only one who finds Shogun to be a vastly superior game to Axis and Allies?
No, I love Shogun. I have the version called Samurai Swords. I don't get to play it much anymore, but I introduced 3 new people to it a few months ago. It shows its age a little bit, but it was such a good game for its time. I still love several aspects of it, such as leveling up daimyos, having ranged and melee combat units that attack in order, using d12s for combat, the ninja mechanic, hiring ronin for shock troops for a big assault, etc.

Edit: I'm assuming BG is referring to the 80s version of Shogun (aka Samurai Swords aka Ikusa) and not the newer game called Shogun. That also has great reviews, but I haven't tried it.

Quinces is distributing city of the big shoulders iirc. I skipped it because I wasn’t sure how well attaching shares to a regular worker placement game would go

Quined is, correct. It looks very interesting (and very pretty), and I expect will lead to more 18xx/crossover games. From what I've seen it holds together pretty well, but will likely have some rough edges. Artwork and overall production looks to be very nice.

The Gamemaster MB games Shogun and Axis & Allies scratched different itches for me. I think the newer Axis & Allies games, particularly Anniversary, are now superior to Shogun/Ikusa/Samurai Swords, but the original version was not.

Quined is, correct. It looks very interesting (and very pretty), and I expect will lead to more 18xx/crossover games. From what I've seen it holds together pretty well, but will likely have some rough edges. Artwork and overall production looks to be very nice.
Yea... damn mobile device lol

Still I’ve never played an 18xx game and been annoyed or disappointed by the route building so it seemed safe to just buy more of those instead

I do really want an early aviation based play on 18xx and was just about to design it when I saw someone else post a prototype lol

I thought I might post in case people are interested. I’m selling all my WW1 wings of glory stuff, I decided I only have time/space for one war and I prefer ww2 (the WW1 planes have WAY better paint jobs though)

If anyone is looming for stuff send me a message and let me know. It’s all NIB as far as I can tell (bought most used)

Is everybody ready for Prime Day? This is a good time to follow the BG Smack deals page on Facebook. He has a whole thread ready to go for Prime Day deals. I heard that Miniature Market is running a sale on Sunday to try to get your money before Amazon.

I just heard about Gaslands today, and it looks fun. I love Mad Max. It looks like there is a new edition coming out in September, so maybe I'll pick that up and try it with my son. Has anyone played it?

Is everybody ready for Prime Day? This is a good time to follow the BG Smack deals page on Facebook. He has a whole thread ready to go for Prime Day deals. I heard that Miniature Market is running a sale on Sunday to try to get your money before Amazon.

I just heard about Gaslands today, and it looks fun. I love Mad Max. It looks like there is a new edition coming out in September, so maybe I'll pick that up and try it with my son. Has anyone played it?
I’ve been tempted to make some stuff for gaslands, the system looks cool and it would be easy to 3D print the add on bits for the cars.

I had a request for some higher denominations to go with my lower denomination sci-fi money. I’m super happy with how they worked out. Acrylic is always my favourite to work with
58BE77E9-E417-441E-AEC8-1818B69EBEA6.jpeg
0360686F-C052-4288-9C46-975E34FB4BA8.jpeg
408754C3-9C17-4A9C-8C23-BB7AEB388606.jpeg

My very small collection. Also have Dominion big box that won't fit in the media center.

Our friends usually host so most of these are for me and my wife to play just the 2 of us, sometimes the dog too.
2019-07-18 17.02.21.jpg

Not many to list:
Battle lines
Lost Cities
7 Wonders
7 Wonders duel
Catan
Boggle
Scrabble
Lott
Quiddler
Carcasonne
Forbidden Island
Apples to Apples
Go
Dominion, Academy, Prosperity

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom