Blue or Green Rollout Poker Table Top? (2 Viewers)

TheOffalo

Full House
Tourney Director
Reaction score
Being indecisive. Assuming same cost, quality, etc., which would you choose, and why, if it's beyond pure personal preference? (Ignore the wrinkles on the green version.)

1638404888314.png
1638404920680.png

purely personal choice
Yeah I know, just not sure what my personal choice is. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: I initially went with green but thinking about switching to blue. Green is more traditional I guess, but maybe that one's a little too light of a shade of green (if the product pic coloring is to be trusted).

I like blue

What’s the rail color?

Chips?

Background of room.

:tup: Thanks for your vote! Well, since this is a rollout mat, no rail (I know some people use mats on top of a poker table w/rails, but not in this case), and would be used in a variety of locations, so no permanent setting to try match the decor with.

I would pick the one that contrasts most with the chips you plan to use.

If you buy this mat, please let us know how you like it and whether or not it’s too thin.

Being indecisive. Assuming same cost, quality, etc., which would you choose, and why, if it's beyond pure personal preference? (Ignore the wrinkles on the green version.)

View attachment 820320View attachment 820321
What brand is this and did you end up getting it?

For me googling the psychology of how we perceive color helps me. For me it's green over blue any day. Never liked blue or red felt when playing poker even though I highly like the color red. Maybe it's too distracting or just all in my head. The purple felt in NOLA was off to me and the beige at Bellagio worked for me.

Last edited:
What brand is this and did you end up getting it?

For me googling the psychology of how we perceive color helps me. For me it's green over blue any day. Never liked blue or red felt when playing poker even though I highly like the color red. Maybe it's too distracting or just all in my head.
It's from Discount Poker Shop and I haven't gotten it yet. Ordered the green and will pick it up on Friday, but was thinking about switching to blue. Still undecided... I asked them if the green might be a little darker than pictured. If it is, then I'll lean more toward green.

Hey Big O, GMTA ( :D ) I just picked one up yesterday from DPS and used it today. Was my first trip to DPS and found out picking up in person is pretty easy - also, no tax ($29.95 out the door).

Here is the mat - darker green with a wider stripe than their website picture.

20211207_184443 c.jpg

Here is the green compared to sample CPC Rounders 25:

20211207_184526 c.jpg

Me and two high school buddies played 3 way today - in for $100, out for $50 ::sigh:: lol

20211207_103457 c.jpg

Also, it is about 2.1-2.2mm thick, nylon fabric on one side and neoprene on the other. Prior to this, I had been using a green serape blanket. The blanket covers more table but also moves around and pills/sheds a little bit after a few hours of play. The mat doesn't move and is smoother/more even than the blanket but is also significantly firmer - it was a little bit difficult for me to pick up cards. Mostly had to use a cut card to slide under and lift or use a finger nail. I think it would have been nicer if the rubber was slightly thicker and slightly softer.

serape-mexican-blanket-hot-rod-rat-469058275
serape-mexican-blanket-hot-rod-rat_1_45b1b00839376eee105841d87c436a7e.jpg

ETA - one more thing, you may want to air it out a bit, there is a rubber smell but not too bad I think (neither one of my buddies mentioned it but YMMV!)

Last edited:
Hey Big O, GMTA ( :D ) I just picked one up yesterday from DPS and used it today. Was my first trip to DPS and found out picking up in person is pretty easy - also, no tax ($29.95 out the door).

View attachment 824234

View attachment 824235

Me and two high school buddies played 3 way today - in for $100, out for $50 ::sigh:: lol

View attachment 824236

Also, it is about 2.1-2.2mm thick, nylon fabric on one side and neoprene on the other. Prior to this, I had been using a green serape blanket. The blanket covers more table but also moves around and pills/sheds a little bit after a few hours of play. The mat doesn't move and is smoother/more even than the blanket but is also significantly firmer - it was a little bit difficult for me to pick up cards. Mostly had to use a cut card to slide under and lift or use a finger nail. I think it would have been nicer if the rubber was slightly thicker and slightly softer.

View attachment 824245

ETA - one more thing, you may want to air it out a bit, there is a rubber smell but not too bad I think (neither one of my buddies mentioned it but YMMV!)
MVP

View attachment 824234

View attachment 824235

View attachment 824236

View attachment 824245

Thanks for reporting back! I’ll try to unroll it before using.

Glad it’s a darker green than pictured on the website. Will see if the bet line or the difficulty picking up cards are dealbreakers with my guys.

cc: @ktran

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/simple-poker-mat-with-5mm-thickness.77533/

In that thread, BGinGA was suggesting adding some padding underneath. I might give that a try.

I just went back and doubled up the mat - folded it in half and laid the ends on top of each other to simulate what if I bought another mat and put the two together on top of each other. I don't think it helped much. If it was at all slightly easier to pick up the cards, I think it might be because I'm sorta getting used it and/or finding a technique to more easily get under the edges of the cards.

The durometer of the rubber (actually I should go back and correct myself - I THINK it's neoprene but I'm not 100% sure) is "kinda high" - maybe like a stiff mouse pad? Definitely not as soft as a wetsuit or Big5 neoprene knee sleeve...

@Samuel @ktran, I used the DPS mat all day yesterday and thought it held up really well. I didn’t mind the thinness, and it stayed put on the dining table we were playing on. Already “baptized” by a shot of whisky (accidentally) which fortunately did not stain!

Cards (we only used Bicycle Prestige’s yesterday, I wanted to try others but my group didn’t feel like changing setups) were a little hard to pickup but easier than I was worried about, and people just swept them off the edge of the mat if they couldn’t pick them up.

The dining table was a little wider than the mat, so the white ring being relatively closer to the edge of the mat wasn’t an issue and we weren’t strict about the betting line.

The “new mat” smell wasn’t noticeable unless people put their noses to the mat. Liked the color, not as light as pictured on the DPS site. I’m sure there are better toppers out there but not for $30. Glad to have bought it!

Last edited:
Cards (we only used Bicycle Prestige’s yesterday, I wanted to try others but my group didn’t feel like changing setups) were a little hard to pickup but easier than I was worried about, and people just swept them off the edge of the mat if they couldn’t pick them up.
I felt they are extremely hard to pick up even when using them on proper poker table.

So often they cut into the fingernail instead when picking up them too

I felt they are extremely hard to pick up even when using them on proper poker table.

So often they cut into the fingernail instead when picking up them too
The Bicycle Prestige's specifically, compared to other cards on the same surface(s)? This was the first time we used Bicycle Prestiges and the first time we used this topper, so I can't make any comparisons, either different cards on this topper or Prestiges on different surfaces.

I really wish my group was willing to switch setups yesterday. Wanted to try various cards on the new topper. But hey, I'm keeping it, and we'll use it at our next live game next month (hopefully) and will make sure to try the Dal Negro and Modiano decks I have on them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom