Simple poker mat with 5mm+ thickness (1 Viewer)

khp

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Amazon sells these (Jigitz poker mat):

67AA6618-4CB8-4192-B81B-DB518159B4DD.jpeg

which is pretty much exactly what I’m looking for except that it’s too thin. Simple, betting line, rubber non-slip bottom, and exclusion of community card placement squares and text (like “Texas Hold’em”).

Do any of you know where I can buy a thicker (5mm+) and simple poker mat? Bonus points if it’s customisable!

Buy two, and use spray adhesive to glue them together. You can also buy some Happy Bottom 1/4" closed-cell foam (made for swimming pool bottoms) and cut to size to fit under the poker mat.

Last edited:
Buy two, and use spray adhesive to glue them together. You can also buy some Happy Feet 1/4" closed-cell foam (made for swimming pool bottoms) and cut to size to fit under the poker mat.
Thanks! Have you done something like this before? Seems like a good backup backup plan

From what I know, everything, including graphics, is customizable.
Unfortunately there seems to be no English version of their site.
However, members here have written to them in English and got the replies (and the mats) they wanted.
@Mr Winberg ?
@BonScot ?
Do I remember well?

However, members here have written to them in English and got the replies (and the mats) they wanted.
@Mr Winberg ?
@BonScot ?
Do I remember well?
I wrote to them in French using a free translation app so god knows what they received at their end :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Worked out well though…

480B8DC7-151A-4000-9049-F2A7894995B3.jpeg

Thanks! Have you done something like this before? Seems like a good backup backup plan
I haven't glued two 2mm mats together, but have added new fabric using 3M-90 adhesive spray. Gluing two mats together should be no problem, but I use happy bottom 1/4" pool liner foam under mine. It rolls right up with the mat for storage.

I also use the happy bottom foam under my 4mm CT mat. The PCF mat is 6mm and really doesn't need extra cushion.

You can find the pool bottom foam online, or at a pool supply store (where they typically have 48" wide rolls, sold by the linear foot -- a 4x7 piece is around $20). Also works great as a low-rider rail foam, especially for portable tables or those that use sectional rails.

It’s hard for me to navigate the site - how are the shipping costs? Are other graphics customisable?
I use chrome which translates the site for me.
@Mr Winberg ?
@BonScot ?
Do I remember well?
@HMK and I wrote to them in English which went well. @BonScot wrote in Scottish and got a better price than us, so I'd go for that if I were you.

Yes, everything is customizable, you can choose 2 or 4 mm and the maximum they can cut is 220cm×130cm.

Good luck!

I wrote to them in French using a free translation app so god knows what they received at their end :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Worked out well though…

View attachment 746851

How do you like your mats? Good quality? And how much was shipping?

I know for a fact 2mm is too thin for me, but perhaps 4mm is good enough?
I use chrome which translates the site for me.

@HMK and I wrote to them in English which went well. @BonScot wrote in Scottish and got a better price than us, so I'd go for that if I were you.

Yes, everything is customizable, you can choose 2 or 4 mm and the maximum they can cut is 220cm×130cm.

Good luck!

I know for a fact 2mm is too thin for me, but perhaps 4mm is good enough?
I bought it over a year ago and still haven’t used it. Playing my first game since covid tomorrow night although I’m going to a friend’s house so won’t be using the mat.

I bought it over a year ago and still haven’t used it. Playing my first game since covid tomorrow night although I’m going to a friend’s house so won’t be using the mat.
Ahh, shucks. Do you remember how much shipping was?

If I remember correctly, shipping to Sweden is around 40€. Probably more to you.

The cards glide well and the print has so far remained good after around 8 poker nights. My only complaint is that stiff cards are a bit hard to bend up from the mat, probably because the mat isn't that soft. I find myself pulling them to the end of the mat. Softer cards like for e.g. copags are no issue.

Also, when rolling them up after a game they tend to build up static electricity. It's like wrestling an electric eel! :LOL: :laugh:

All in all, if I needed to buy another mat I wouldn't hesitate to buy from montapis.

Pron:
20190613_224123.jpg

Amazon sells these (Jigitz poker mat):

View attachment 746788

which is pretty much exactly what I’m looking for except that it’s too thin. Simple, betting line, rubber non-slip bottom, and exclusion of community card placement squares and text (like “Texas Hold’em”).

Do any of you know where I can buy a thicker (5mm+) and simple poker mat? Bonus points if it’s customisable!

How do you know Jigitz is too thin?

How do you know Jigitz is too thin?
I read somewhere on PCF that <4mm or 5mm is too thin, as it makes picking up the cards harder. That’s why the PCF mat was designed to be 6mm.

I read somewhere on PCF that <4mm or 5mm is too thin, as it makes picking up the cards harder. That’s why the PCF mat was designed to be 6mm.
Well shoot, someone said the Da Vinci is about 3mm

I'm thinking about getting the DA VINCI one, but does anyone know if you can iron out the wrinkles or creases?

I know it's cheap, but how do you know for sure it's below 4mm?

Any news from that order? Did everything go smoothly?
Order was processed MUCH faster than I expected.
If I recall, from order to delivery might have been 1 week.

I was very satisfied with the product and ordered a second one for the beach house kitchen table.
The rubber was a little firmer than I was expecting, but it works fine.

My buddy was thrilled with his and after playing on it, I think it's going to postpone his re-upholstery indefinitely.

Order was processed MUCH faster than I expected.
If I recall, from order to delivery might have been 1 week.

I was very satisfied with the product and ordered a second one for the beach house kitchen table.
The rubber was a little firmer than I was expecting, but it works fine.

My buddy was thrilled with his and after playing on it, I think it's going to postpone his re-upholstery indefinitely.
Cool, thank you for the write up. Any pictures?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom