Poker Table USB/Shuffler Upgrade - Questions (1 Viewer)

kk405

Full House
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Planning on getting in queue for a custom @T_Chan table...but it will be a while before I can work out a few kinks on my end... Meanwhile, need to upgrade my current table... a new felt from Tony is arriving in a few days and I'd like to make a few modifications to the table while the new felt is being installed... I am adding a Deckmate 1shuffler, but now that I have to run a cable to the table (which is in the middle of the room and have to run an 'exposed' cable on the floor - covered by a floor cord cover)... I also want to add 9 x USB-C chargers ... anyone has personal recommendations? also, any advice before I embark on this project?

This is the table that is being upgraded (108"): https://pharaohusa.com/catalog/tabl...o-texas-holdem-poker-table-with-folding-legs/

What about installing a rechargeable battery? I don’t know if it would be capable of running a shuffler all night but avoiding the cord running across the floor would be nice.
IMG_6233.jpeg

I have a table from them and also a shuffler. I'll be honest I looked at some similar charging options. However I kind of came to the conclusion that it's kind of an unnecessarily complicated and yeah you can get a puck with usb-a and usb-c but then you just have to have cables in a basket at the ready for your guests. If a puck breaks for some reason it is just going to be an expense/hassle. So what I decided was I just bought 4 nice battery packs (ones that can do quickcharge/pd) that have integrated cables and I set them out on a side table for anyone to use. I even have a couple that can do magsafe charging which is nice. Charge them up prior to any games. Now I have a couple extra battery packs for us to use if we need them for other things as well.

A battery wouldn't be able to power a shuffler. The batteries are meant for 12v application, a shuffler is household voltage and amperage. Not unless you're using a very large battery. Hey, if your players don't mind the smell of fumes you could use a small generator.

I have a table from them and also a shuffler. I'll be honest I looked at some similar charging options. However I kind of came to the conclusion that it's kind of an unnecessarily complicated and yeah you can get a puck with usb-a and usb-c but then you just have to have cables in a basket at the ready for your guests. If a puck breaks for some reason it is just going to be an expense/hassle. So what I decided was I just bought 4 nice battery packs (ones that can do quickcharge/pd) that have integrated cables and I set them out on a side table for anyone to use. I even have a couple that can do magsafe charging which is nice. Charge them up prior to any games. Now I have a couple extra battery packs for us to use if we need them for other things as well.
I thought about that as well.. even though I have multiple wired and wireless charging stations around the room, one of our dealers brings 3-4 portable chargers with him and I can easily order a few... but was thinking about adding the charging options for each seat only because the table os about to get opened up ... figured to take care of whatever needs to be done all at once.

What about installing a rechargeable battery? I don’t know if it would be capable of running a shuffler all night but avoiding the cord running across the floor would be nice.

So I have actually done this with essentially an Ecoflow type power bank that we use for camping. The shuffler I have It can run for about 5-6 hours. And then we would switch to a 2nd one that I had. I did that for a year and to be honest it was a pain so now I just use a power cord real and then one of those rubber black cord hiders. Then I plug in the shuffler to that extension. That way you are protecting the ac adaptor for the shuffler and you can just wind up the reel when you are done.

I thought about that as well.. even though I have multiple wired and wireless charging stations around the room, one of our dealers brings 3-4 portable chargers with him and I can easily order a few... but was thinking about adding the charging options for each seat only because the table os about to get opened up ... figured to take care of whatever needs to be done all at once.
Oh it's a fine idea but I watched and maybe like over the course of the game on average 2 of the batteries get used. I mean its possible if guys can just plug in to the table more would get used but I kinda doubt it so in reality if I wired up all 10 seats then each night maybe that makes a difference for just 1 or 2 guys and to me it didn't make sense.

Because my table is in the lower level, I installed a Dricore subfloor then ran the 120 v extension cord from the poker room receptacle into the Dricore slots under the subfloor, taping it to the dricor, up to where the table would sit. I then installed 12mm hardwood click flooring on the subfloor, leaving a slot for the cord to come through. I simply plug the cord into the receptacle when I need to power the table, and unplug when not required. The extension cord does not come in contact with the cement floor, so no worries about it rubbing and causing issues.
I'm sure there are other better solutions, but my method works for me without having a cord running over the floor and causing a tripping hazard.

Attachments

• dricore.jpg
    dricore.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
So I have actually done this with essentially an Ecoflow type power bank that we use for camping. The shuffler I have It can run for about 5-6 hours. And then we would switch to a 2nd one that I had. I did that for a year and to be honest it was a pain so now I just use a power cord real and then one of those rubber black cord hiders. Then I plug in the shuffler to that extension. That way you are protecting the ac adaptor for the shuffler and you can just wind up the reel when you are done.

I had the same idea of using a camping power supply, as I would prefer not to open my floor (laminate) to put a floor electrical socket. Why was it a pain? Also, what Ecoflow model did you use?

View attachment 1172178

This is what I did to run the table light and phone chargers on my Gorilla table.

I have a lot of EGO batteries for my saws and mower, so I just bought two of their inverters and strapped a battery pack to each leg.

That way no cord across the floor. But if you have to go that route it’s easy enough to buy a floor cord protector.

There are also tons of small (and larger) portable power stations on the market capable of powering everything from CPAP machines to refrigerators. Most can deliver household-grade electric.

Cost is likely be $175-$800, or higher for really huge ones. These would need to sit on the floor under the table or in a cabinet of you have a side-shuffler.

You’d need to figure out how much power the shuffler uses over the course of a game. There should be some specs available for your device to work that out but it’s not my specialty…

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom