Tourney BLINDS UP Tournament Manager for iPad/iPhone Review (3 Viewers)

How do you get going with beta? I read the last two pages but I don't think reading the whole thread is worth the time. Mostly about bugs and their fixes.wo

Last edited:
I think I will launch the beta during july. I had to switch to another project since a few weeks. I'm developer and I give priority to my clients, so I have to put my own projects (like Blinds Up) on hold sometimes. But the new version, which will be called 2.0 because there is a lot of new features, is almost finished and beta tests will start soon!

what happened to version 1.9, that update has never been released that I know of

There will be so much new features in the next version that we can consider it as a new generation (mainly source code speaking). So jump directly to version 2.x is logic

Does this work with Chromecast?

chromecast.jpg

Does this work with Chromecast?

Most of us have found it works very well with Apple play. Snag an Apple TV for $60, you're in business. Since this is used primarily in Apple devices, go with the Apple TV for smooth integration, display onto a larger monitor. For multi-rooms, I display the Blinds Up app in an adjacent room, and use the iPad to display in the room/table I'm seated at.

Because Chromecast 2 is $35 and would a great alternative to Apple TV. Perhaps throw this in the suggestion box!

Thanks for the info. I was really hoping to get Chromecast so I can use it for other stuff too (streaming stuff from the net through a browser)

Do you have a regular internet site where we can access the functionality of the app, because then I can use the web and stream to Chromecast.

It's got bugs with the new version, and adds. I got to say, playing around a bit with blinds up - this app looks amazing. Just got to get it on my TV with Chromecast!

If I do get an Apple TV, how do I stream this to it? Does something pop up in the app?

Rokus, Chromecast - these are so much better than Apple TV.

The other nice thing about Chromecast is you don't need a power cable (uses USB) so if your tv is wall mounted, you only have to deal with the TV's power cable.

I'm figuring this app out. If I made a mistake creating the prize pools for 1st, 2nd and 3rd, how do I edit them? Right now they all say 50% each and the amounts are bugged.

Also, how do I get these individual price pools for 1st, 2nd and 3rs to display on the tourney layout screen vs just the total prize for winner takes all?

No but I can look if this is achievable

I was wondering where the customized data is stored? Say I spend 5 hours adding players, chips icons, building blind structures, payouts, the whole 9 yards etc, and I lose my phone the next day, where is that data stored. Anything on server side? Or would I need to start again?

Also whats more likely, is that I accidentally delete a tournament while trying to duplicate it or something. How would I get all those custom settings back?

Eveything is stored locally until version 1.8, so your data is lost :(

The reason why the next version is so long to build is that I recreated the whole database model to create a cloud-based app, where data will be stored on servers.
It took a long time to re-code all the app according to this new database, and a long time too to write migration scripts to keep the data of existing users (...which have not lost their iPhone ^^).

Eveything is stored locally until version 1.8, so your data is lost :(

The reason why the next version is so long to build is that I recreated the whole database model to create a cloud-based app, where data will be stored on servers.
It took a long time to re-code all the app according to this new database, and a long time too to write migration scripts to keep the data of existing users (...which have not lost their iPhone ^^).

Good to know, thanks. I think you've written a great app and I hope people will buy it. I'm trying to find a cheap Apple TV before committing but will buy the app once I do (even though I wont need any of the Pro features I feel the app is worth supporting). If you had a web portal that I could use from a laptop or my Iphone and stream it to Chromecast, I would have bought it yesterday.

No website like Blind Valet at the moment, but the project is on my todo list :)

How come the resolution doesnt scale? Is it capped with the cable?

iPad mini is 4:3 ... my TV is 16:9 ... it scales fine but will give black bars because of the iPad's native screen size. You could stretch it on the TV, if you had the capability, and desired to do so.

How do I rename a player?

Last edited:
I saved a structure preset. Added some levels. Saved it again under the same name. Now I have 2 presets with the same name. How do I delete one of them?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom