Tourney Two tournaments at the same time - technical questions - (1 Viewer)

jimmyvulgaer

Sitting Out
Reaction score
sorry upfront for improper english. i try to be as accurate as i can be.

i own 4 tables and 4 screens. now my ambition is to arrange 2 different tournaments at the same time. i.e. freezeout is starting at 6 pm with two tables and knockout starts at 7 pm with two tables and completely different players.

what is needed to get managed that always two of the 4 screens show different blinds-/ tournament-settings? what do i need to use?
(i.e. laptop, raspberry pi, cables, wlan, smartphones, chromecasts, additional software? i would prefer to get it all done with less cables and less technical gadgets as possible so that i only need one laptop with proper software to control all monitors and i suppose a wlan router is needed for sure.)

which blind timer is capable of running twice simultanously?

and to make it even more diificult: imagine i wanna add a fifth screen to show a sport event.

and of course the whole setup must also be able for all the screens to show the same content if needed.

thanks in advance for all advices and hints and experiences coming in.

How I would do it... probably going to be confusing.

Setup a computer (can be a laptop) with two added display screens. These screens can be cheap/simple. So three screens total so far. One of these (could be the laptop screen) is your control display that is not shared. The other two allows you to easily see what you are sending to the other displays. Have each of the other two computer displays each linked to two other TV's/screens. Do this using Windows inbuilt ability to mirror a screen to another screen. The unshared/unlinked control display lets you do anything with software without showing it on all the other screens.

Am interested in what other people may suggest. My suggestion may not be the best!

I am not aware of any blind timers that can run two different tournaments simultaneously. You will probably have to run the two tournaments on separate devices. I personally like to use an HDMI splitter to all my TV's and monitors that have the blind timer on them. I have alot of smart devices in my home and sometimes run into wireless connection issues. If I hard wire everything, it eliminates one less thing that can go wrong during our tournaments.

Cat5 HDMI extenders are great for running longer runs of cable to your monitors. It is much easier to fish cat5 through walls and tight spaces than long pre-made HDMI cables.

If you have all smart devices and wifi, then you theoretically could stream or cast to your monitors. Depending on the device you are casting from, you may be limited on how many monitors you can cast to at the same time.

Your separate TV for sporting events would probably just be a stand-alone TV. You could connect a line from your HDMI splitter if you wanted to ever show your timer on it.

It sounds like a bit of a headache to run two tournaments at once. Personally, I would rather just run one larger tournament. It would be much easier and cheaper to run.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom