Big Combo Draw on Paired Board - Turn Decision (1 Viewer)

SendThatStack

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
.50/$1 that plays like 1/2 or 1/3. Stacks are $600 effective. Villains are all pretty donkish, will chase a lot of draws, make big bluffs, etc.

8 handed
utg+1 open raise to $28
utg+2 calls
CO calls
Hero on btn with :ac::qc: calls ( I should definitely just 3bet here but the large open size puzzled me a little)

FLOP ($114) :jc::7c::th:
utg+1 checks
utg+2 bets $40
CO calls
Hero raise to $150
all fold except CO calls

TURN ($464) :js:
CO checks
Hero: ???

Check for pot control so you can fold if nothing hits. If you bet and get shoved on you’re pot committed and usually behind. Agree with Moxie Mike that CO’s action so far makes it highly unlikely they will fold to another barrel.

8 handed
utg+1 open raise to $28
What the H?

Seriously we are opening 28x randomly? What a stupid game.

CO calls
Hero on btn with :ac::qc: calls ( I should definitely just 3bet here but the large open size puzzled me a little)
I don't get.the cutoff call here but I agree with your aside, this is screaming for 3-bet to $100 or you should just fold.

FLOP ($114) :jc::7c::th:
utg+1 checks
utg+2 bets $40
CO calls
Hero raise to $150
all fold except CO calls
Hero should just shove because sizing is stupid in this game.

TURN ($464) :js:
CO checks
Hero: ???
As played I kinda like a check here. J-T-x hits a lot of hands so I don't like the bluff here. A shove will be called by three jacks. Possibly called by over pairs too.

I don't see what is gained by a bet, but the shove seems to be sizing to use if you choose.this.

What the H?

Seriously we are opening 28x randomly? What a stupid game.

I don't get.the cutoff call here but I agree with your aside, this is screaming for 3-bet to $100 or you should just fold.

Hero should just shove because sizing is stupid in this game.

As played I kinda like a check here. J-T-x hits a lot of hands so I don't like the bluff here. A shove will be called by three jacks. Possibly called by over pairs too.

I don't see what is gained by a bet, but the shove seems to be sizing to use if you choose.this.

Guy that opened normally opens to $8-12. He also has a habit of limp/rr his QQ+ which I didnt remember in the moment. The open to 28x can also be him having 72o trying to get it to fold around. Definitely its a 3bet to $150.

Flop action; sizing up sounds good after the fact not sure its necessary. The raise got rid of 2 players and kept one player in who is likely on a draw (see below)

Turn shove seems okay because of the fact that it will take down the pot a lot of the time. If the CO had a made hand on the flop I think he would shove or fold. The weaker part of his made hand range like middle pair or top pair bad kicker should be folding, and the best of his made hand range like 2pr or a set should shove because of this draw heavy board. So we can conclude he is on a draw type of hand like KQ/Q9, 9x, or maybe clubs. Yes we block a lot of the draws but I just dont see CO having a TPTK or better on this flop and not shoving over my raise. With that in mind then a check on the turn could make sense if we both get there on the river so he can pay me off with Q9 or worse clubs.

I took the free card, river was a blank and villain bets $150.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom