Best Currently Available Girl Scout Cookie (1 Viewer)

What is the best Girl Scout cookie currently available?

• Caramel deLites/Samoas

Votes: 17 29.8%
  • Cranberry Citrus Crisps

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do-si-dos/Peanut Butter Sandwich

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Lemonades

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Peanut Butter Patties/Tagalongs

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • Rah-Rah Raisins

• Savannah Smiles

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Shortbreak/Trefoils

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Thanks-A-Lot

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Thin Mints

Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Toffee-tastic

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Trios

• Total voters
LOL Rah-Rah-Raisins. Why, yes, I am a mathlete, volunteer at church and play dungeons and dragons by myself.

index.png

When I first saw this thread in the "New Threads" section of the home page the title was abbreviate to, "Best Currently Available Girl..." and thought this would be a discussion about single ladies in Hollywood.

Needless to say, this is not what I was expecting. *shrug*

As for the topic at hand, thin mints.

I agree that thin mints are highly over rated. The tagalongs used to be my go-to choice until I started paying for them. You open the package and have a couple, next thing you know you're scheming to blame the disappearance on your children. The trefoils are my favorite, I don't like the overly sweet cookies anymore. The new lemon cookie is also a favorite, because my kids won't eat them. Vote goes to Trefoils.

My daughter is a Girl Scout, so I am now exbert on this topic. There have been more cookies through my house in the past month than an LA bordello. Also, I am a certified choco-holic. For many years I thought thin mints and samoas were the only acceptable answers. How naive I was.

There is only one acceptable answer, and it is SAVANNAH SMILES! :D:D:D

I have successfully avoided my annual purchasing of 5 boxes of every kinds for the last few years because I now work from home. I think that ends soon as my niece is almost at that age. I have to say that doesn't make me sad.

My daughter is a Girl Scout, so I am now exbert on this topic. There have been more cookies through my house in the past month than an LA bordello. Also, I am a certified choco-holic. For many years I thought thin mints and samoas were the only acceptable answers. How naive I was.

There is only one acceptable answer, and it is SAVANNAH SMILES! :D:D:D

I should be hanging out in more LA bordellos if only for the cookies, I guess.

Savannah Smiles had a lot of potential. Unfortunately Girl Scouts thinks their customers are pussies who can't handle the taste of a real lemon cookie and therefore dial it back about 14 notches to create a bland lemon-ish cookie.

Savannah Smiles had a lot of potential. Unfortunately Girl Scouts thinks their customers are pussies who can't handle the taste of a real lemon cookie and therefore dial it back about 14 notches to create a bland lemon-ish cookie.

9b9b7d7de5c205f2903dd2449399a9daa0bd87598f2eac8be174bdb2f5a218d2.jpg

Holy...

All we get up here is mint in the Fall, and a vanilla & chocolate combined box in the Spring. You guys get a freakin' choice?!? Bloody hell...

Holy...

All we get up here is mint in the Fall, and a vanilla & chocolate combined box in the Spring. You guys get a freakin' choice?!? Bloody hell...

Sure we get lots of choices, but we pay more per capita for Girl Scout cookies than any other country in the world and the prices are only going up. We must stop this Girl Scout cookie death spiral.

FWIW, I bought these the other day. I wasn't directly trying to undercut the girl scouts, but at half the price and (more importantly) with year-long availability, it's an option worth considering.

Screen-Shot-2014-09-15-at-8.08.20-AM.png

Sure we get lots of choices, but we pay more per capita for Girl Scout cookies than any other country in the world and the prices are only going up. We must stop this Girl Scout cookie death spiral.
After reading this, all I thought about is you throwing the cookies on the ground and shouting "I'm not part of your system..."

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My all-time favorite was the former style of thin mints: a thin vanilla cookie topped with mint creme and enrobed in chocolate. That was a fabulous cookie. I've eaten exactly ONE of the current "faux thin mints" and will probably never eat another. They're like a cheap-o version of the original. These days I buy a box of Samoas, maybe two, if I stumble across a GSSC (Girl Scout Selling Cookies). I'd like to try a Thanks-a-lot (shortbread and chocolate FTW) but haven't seen any around here.

Everywhere I go people tell me, "Guy, what is wrong with you? Thin mints are nothing special. You can get them year round." I presume they're referring to E.L. Fudge Grasshopers. More like LOL Fudge Grasshoppers because those things ain't shit compared to legit Thin Mints.

So what is the best Thin Mint replacement cookie on the market today?

Everywhere I go people tell me, "Guy, what is wrong with you? Thin mints are nothing special. You can get them year round." I presume they're referring to E.L. Fudge Grasshopers. More like LOL Fudge Grasshoppers because those things ain't shit compared to legit Thin Mints.

So what is the best Thin Mint replacement cookie on the market today?

Not sure, but I agree that Grasshoppers aren't it.

Those Coconut Dream, on the other hand, are pretty close/decent.

I will say that when I buy GSCs (I'm down with the lingo), I buy both Thin Mints and Tagalongs. Then I always kick myself because you get like 6 Tagalongs for the same price as like 40 Thin Mints.

This is why you buy 6 boxes and say they are for the office.

Hypothetically, if you where to make a set of ceramics using images of girl scout cookies, which cookie would you use for each denomination?

LOOOOLZ at anybody voting for anything other than Tagalongs in this thread. Poor, poor, souls, you know not what you do...

"Tagolongs" sounds like a slang term for things that get stuck between your toes, or toilet paper stuck on the soles of your shoes. Not appetizing...

FWIW, I bought these the other day. I wasn't directly trying to undercut the girl scouts, but at half the price and (more importantly) with year-long availability, it's an option worth considering.

Screen-Shot-2014-09-15-at-8.08.20-AM.png

xxxxxxx.jpg

"The World According to Goph"?

In The World According to Goph everything is made of wheat and wholemeal and tastes like cardboard and we can only have tea - no coffee - but we're bred strong and sturdy here so the family line carries on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom