Barrington poker table thread (14 Viewers)

HELP.....

anyone that has done the modifications on one of the Barrington tables, DID YOU ADD NEW PADDING, if you did what did you use?

thanks

HELP.....

anyone that has done the modifications on one of the Barrington tables, DID YOU ADD NEW PADDING, if you did what did you use?

thanks
I put my speedcloth directly over the old felt when I redid the table.
D988BE89-717D-41C7-894F-BF8A08B21C02.jpeg

HELP.....

thanks
I also did 1/4” gym rubber from foambymail…I wish it was a little softer…and I wish I could use slide under cup holders with it. But it was a HUGE upgrade from stock and everyone loves it.

HELP.....

thanks

i did not, but if i did it again i would. the stock padding is fine i guess, but could be much better.

HELP.....

thanks
I've refitted two folding tables so far, on each I've used this to replace the existing padding, and been quite pleased with the results.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076XNL217

See my posts earlier in this thread for photos of the two I've done. Last fall I picked another one up when Wally World had a sale, and will refit it this summer.

Check it out, I built a new folding table in the same dimensions as a Barrington, but with a few improvements:
6 inch rail
Jumbo brass cup holders
Whisper vinyl
Foam playing surface
1/4” raised rail so the barrington sized table toppers I started selling fit so the edges tuck underneath the rails giving it the appearance of a fully installed felt surface

2794292A-A0B9-4171-8F95-C76792BF727D.jpeg

42BBA900-CD6E-423C-9624-8579E286BAF9.jpeg

Just need to add the hinges and the legs and we’re good to go!

Check it out, I built a new folding table in the same dimensions as a Barrington, but with a few improvements:
6 inch rail
Jumbo brass cup holders
Whisper vinyl
Foam playing surface
1/4” raised rail so the barrington sized table toppers I started selling fit so the edges tuck underneath the rails giving it the appearance of a fully installed felt surface

View attachment 893757
View attachment 893758
That looks amazing!

6 inch rail
Jumbo brass cup holders
Whisper vinyl
Foam playing surface

View attachment 893757
View attachment 893758
I need the plans / progress pics of that build, looks amazing. Also how do you get your felt so flat? My Mario one still has so many wrinkles.

I need the plans / progress pics of that build, looks amazing. Also how do you get your felt so flat? My Mario one still has so many wrinkles.
Unfortunately didn’t take many progress pics this time, but I do have the plans I could share.

To flatten the table toppers I do this:
1) reverse roll the mat tightly so that the outside of the roll is the back/rubbery part of the mat. Put like 5 rubber bands around it and leave it rolled like that for a week.
2) roll out the topper and put a towel or sheet over it if there are still wrinkles and use a medium temperature iron on it with no steam.

That worked for me

Unfortunately didn’t take many progress pics this time, but I do have the plans I could share.

1) reverse roll the mat tightly so that the outside of the roll is the back/rubbery part of the mat. Put like 5 rubber bands around it and leave it rolled like that for a week.
2) roll out the topper and put a towel or sheet over it if there are still wrinkles and use a medium temperature iron on it with no steam.

That worked for me
Would definitely take plans if you have them - and good idea on the iron, I'll give that a shot in a few weeks.

That worked for me
I’d be interested in the plans too. Would gorilla gaming legs work on a table that folds like this? Could you put a speedcloth base down with a seam in the middle and the topper over it? Like the topper could be the main playing surface but if you needed a second table just remove the topper for that and play on the felt beneath?

Gorilla gaming legs won’t work on tables that fold in the middle like mine. They require a solid single piece. I ended up finding an old super heavy banquet table and used the legs from that. Then I got some hinges on Amazon that only go 180 degrees:
Antrader 4Pcs Heavy Duty Sewing... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081VDL94B?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

1649635045119.png

Not sure if the hinges will hold up long term so I may explore getting one more leg for the middle of the table to help support them and prevent it from sagging.

You could definitely put speed cloth down first and still use the toppers.

Probably a dumb question, but has anyone tried buying cup holder inserts for the cup holders rather than the DIY replacements in this thread?

The glue they use is stronger than the Hulk and will take pieces/layers of compressed wood with it. I got a tiny crack in the first rail using my hands alone, the rest of them I lined up a paint scraper between the cupholder/wood (right where the glue is), got a hammer, and literally chiseled it Through. Saved the railpieces and some of the wood for sure.

I got my SSC on Amazon (does the trick in spades) but a lot of people swear by YourAutoTrim

For the foam, see post 306 I swear by neoprene and got a perfect sized piece from a great eBay vendor

Yes incredibly easy no effort required to remove the crappy Barrington foam
How did you guys go about laying your new foam to make sure it's inside the rail but there isn't a huge gap between the rail and the padded playing surface?

I used a pipe cutter at 4 locations to shorten it where the deeper cupholders will go. Maybe an inch on each side.
Does anyone have an exact measurement on this cut? I don't see one in the threads and am about there on my table. Would be nice to have so I can cut with the legs off the table.

If not, I'll get the measurement and post it here when I do it later this week.

Anyone know of a good cover to protect this while it's folded up, especially in transport?
Got one of these and it fits perfectly.

Handheld World Poker Table Bag for Folding Poker Table Storage or Carry, Poker Table Cover 600D Heavy Duty Oxford Fabric Poker Table Accessories Black https://a.co/d/4c5iZa6

Does anyone have an exact measurement on this cut? I don't see one in the threads and am about there on my table. Would be nice to have so I can cut with the legs off the table.

If not, I'll get the measurement and post it here when I do it later this week.
1 inch seems to work just fine. I took mine in to about 1 1/4.

1657671280789.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom