GB Completed Art-Supplied Cards Mold Group Buy (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't the starlites GB get through pretty quickly? I think theirs shipped shortly before our GB went to print, and theirs are already out of the port.

8A5F1D57-30A3-4F63-B58C-40572A712ECB.gif

If that boat goes slow…

With the Aria's GB it wasn't so much the shipping time. I think that was 2-3 weeks. Might have even been less. But they sat in that giant queue at the port and Customs for like 2 months. That was in the Nov-Dec 2021 timeframe when supply chain issues were just getting really bad. Hopefully that issue has been resolved, or at least improved.
I just had a group buy from a different hobby end up in a port for about 7 weeks so it seems not much has changed.

Sorry if this has been discussed somewhere already. I tried a search but got conflicting info.

My question is about racks for Tina’s chips. I’ve seen some threads referencing 71mm racks and others stating the “Amazon racks” will fit China clays (is that the correct term for Tina’s chips?).

Anyway I need to order racks at some point now that the chips are shipping and want to make sure I get correct ones that allow a full barrel to fit. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Sorry if this has been discussed somewhere already. I tried a search but got conflicting info.

My question is about racks for Tina’s chips. I’ve seen some threads referencing 71mm racks and others stating the “Amazon racks” will fit China clays (is that the correct term for Tina’s chips?).

Anyway I need to order racks at some point now that the chips are shipping and want to make sure I get correct ones that allow a full barrel to fit. Any help is greatly appreciated!
After further reading I also see posts stating a typical Paulson 66.7mm rack will work fine?

Would have also said I will need mostly for 39mm chips but also need at least one 43mm rack.

Legit question, as I really just don't know. Once the chips ship, what is the rough estimate of time to delivery?
My first GB took exactly 2 months from the date of shipment to arrive to me in Georgia. These arrived in early January so they may have been slowed due to the Christmas holiday.

My 2nd GB shipped on April 16, 2022, and arrived to me in Georgia on May 24, 2022.

Both of these were shipped via slow boat.

My first GB took exactly 2 months from the date of shipment to arrive to me in Georgia. These arrived in early January so they may have been slowed due to the Christmas holiday.

My 2nd GB shipped on April 16, 2022, and arrived to me in Georgia on May 24, 2022.

Both of these were shipped via slow boat.
These times would put us on track for arrival in USA in late August through early September.

After further reading I also see posts stating a typical Paulson 66.7mm rack will work fine?

Would have also said I will need mostly for 39mm chips but also need at least one 43mm rack.
You want 66.7mm from Spinettis for the 39mm chips. Your mileage may vary for racks for the 43mm.

Threads referencing 71mm racks are most likely for PGI 8V china clay chips. They seem to be about the thickest of the china clays. Spirit mold are thick too, but not quite as thick as the 8Vs. Cards mold ceramics are on the opposite end of the scale. They are among the thinnest of chips with a barrel height of about 65.5mm. So anything good for Paulson (66.7mm) will work for Cards mold.

Threads referencing 71mm racks are most likely for PGI 8V china clay chips. They seem to be about the thickest of the china clays. Spirit mold are thick too, but not quite as thick as the 8Vs. Cards mold ceramics are on the opposite end of the scale. They are among the thinnest of chips with a barrel height of about 65.5mm. So anything good for Paulson (66.7mm) will work for Cards mold.
Got it, appreciate the clarification. I’ve order the spinettis racks based on your and @Venturalvn feedback. Got the 43mm rack too, we’ll how it works.

Didn't the starlites GB get through pretty quickly? I think theirs shipped shortly before our GB went to print, and theirs are already out of the port.
I was part of that group buy and yes it went pretty fast. I got my chips last week from it.

Any thoughts on a Harbor Freight 3800 + spinetti racks vs a Versa 500 case? Trying to decide how to transport these chips around.

Usually I'm just driving over to a friend's place to play - either 5 or 15 minutes depending on who's hosting for the night. 500 chips total.

Any thoughts on a Harbor Freight 3800 + spinetti racks vs a Versa 500 case? Trying to decide how to transport these chips around.

Usually I'm just driving over to a friend's place to play - either 5 or 15 minutes depending on who's hosting for the night. 500 chips total.
My opinion - Apache cases are awesome. I have two of them that can hold 700-800 chips plus cards and misc buttons and such. But I haul my chips all over the country whenever I travel. For quick trips around town with only 500 chips, those cheaper aluminum cases would be perfectly adequate. I have several of them too and have even traveled with them also. Just make sure the latches are secure before you grab them up by the handle!

I have a versa 500 that I use for my cards mold cash set. It actually fits closer to 530 given that you can fit 3-4 extra cards mold chips / row. I love it, but the only drawback is that the chips aren't in racks which makes counting out initial stacks and cashing out ever so slightly more difficult.

Every case has some drawbacks. With my Apache, getting chips from the bottom section is a bit of a pain. I have to remove the foam and racks from the top level due to the way I set up my case using non-stacking racks.

I have a versa 500 that I use for my cards mold cash set. It actually fits closer to 530 given that you can fit 3-4 extra cards mold chips / row. I love it, but the only drawback is that the chips aren't in racks which makes counting out initial stacks and cashing out ever so slightly more difficult.
there's two spots for a deck of cards if I'm not mistaken - are they poker or bridge sized?

Every case has some drawbacks. With my Apache, getting chips from the bottom section is a bit of a pain. I have to remove the foam and racks from the top level due to the way I set up my case using non-stacking racks.
hmmm, never thought about the bottom section being a pain to access. Do you have any pictures of the set up you used? If I did go the Apache route, I was planning on a 3x2 setup (3 racks across, 2 racks high) with spinettis, since I'm pretty sure those racks can stack.

I absolutely recommend Apache cases. I have the 3800 and 4800 Apache cases for ~800 and ~1000 chip setups. They are both excellent cases and a great value for the price. The pick-and-pluck foam with rubber spray is an A+ next step.

My chips “live” in 1000-chip trays in a former medical cart, and I use normal Paulson racks and Apache cases to transport to the table (ignore that old Barrington surface:vomit:), or for travel if I’m headed to a friends house with my chips.
7AF0D35E-616A-485E-9276-8316DFFC5E8C.png
5126B668-5FF3-448B-949D-B350365F4EF7.jpeg
669BBAA1-C61D-4222-8DFB-569BA1C06F03.jpeg

I absolutely recommend Apache cases. I have the 3800 and 4800 Apache cases for ~800 and ~1000 chip setups. They are both excellent cases and a great value for the price. The pick-and-pluck foam with rubber spray is an A+ next step.

My chips “live” in 1000-chip trays in a former medical cart, and I use normal Paulson racks and Apache cases to transport to the table (ignore that old Barrington surface:vomit:), or for travel if I’m headed to a friends house with my chips.View attachment 940489View attachment 940490View attachment 940491
^ using trays also reduces my need for racks, as I only need 10 racks for transport and the chips live in the trays otherwise. I find it to be more efficient this way.

hmmm, never thought about the bottom section being a pain to access. Do you have any pictures of the set up you used? If I did go the Apache route, I was planning on a 3x2 setup (3 racks across, 2 racks high) with spinettis, since I'm pretty sure those racks can stack.
If you're stacking, probably no problem. I have four rows on the bottom going across and 3 on top going front to back. I bought low profile printed racks from @One Eyed Dollar in a custom size because this case was for 8V chips that are 71mm tall per barrel.

20200714_144943.jpg

20200714_145128.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom