GB Completed Art-Supplied Cards Mold Group Buy (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since this thread has gone a little quiet, I thought I'd share this. I scored a boatload of really nice foam packing material from work, figured it will come in handy for the reshipping. Can't wait to get these babies in and shipped out to their Masters. I'm going for a personal record in reshipping time, may even take the day off of work :LOL: :laugh:
20220622_134625.jpg

Does anyone know estimated time to shore? I am assuming we can safely bet on a late August or September timeframe for reshipping complete.

Let's set those expectations people! For anyone who hasn't been on a cards mold GB before - there is point in asking for updates. The slow boat is exactly that - slow.

And a lot of people put time and effort in getting us these chips, and they often have no control.

Put it in your mind that the delivery date may as well be October, and be pleasantly surprised if they show up earlier. This ain't Amazon.

Let's set those expectations people! For anyone who hasn't been on a cards mold GB before - there is point in asking for updates. The slow boat is exactly that - slow.

And a lot of people put time and effort in getting us these chips, and they often have no control.

Put it in your mind that the delivery date may as well be October, and be pleasantly surprised if they show up earlier. This ain't Amazon.
I will be happy if we get them before Christmas, they are a Christmas present for a friend. Anything before that is a bonus.

I'd like to know once all the chips are printed and we're confirmed for shipping.
My guess is that will be after DMoney is back from vacation.
Once that shipping confirm is in...then we can sit on the dock of the bay and watch the tide until it brings our chips to shore.
Until then...I'm going to check this thread 47 times a day (or hour)!

Since this thread has gone a little quiet, I thought I'd share this. I scored a boatload of really nice foam packing material from work, figured it will come in handy for the reshipping. Can't wait to get these babies in and shipped out to their Masters. I'm going for a personal record in reshipping time, may even take the day off of work :LOL: :laugh:
View attachment 936401
My personal opinion - after doing Aria's GB #1. You don't need that thick foam. I used the boxes Tina sent the chips in and put everything else in Flat Rate Padded mailers that you can get by the hundreds for FREE from the Post office. You can put 4 or 5 of the 25 chip rolls side by side in the padded mailer, then roll it up and seal it. Then I bought a couple of large rolls of brown kraft packing paper to put between the Tina boxes and the Flat Rate boxes. Just enough to give a little cushion. And I double boxed per the method I learned from another group buy. There's a tutorial in here on how to double box. If you don't know how, I'll look for it and link it here.

I feel like that thick foam may reduce the numbers of chips you can get into a MFRB (up to 650) or a LFRB (900) You can also lay out a padded mailer on the bottom and top of the flat rate box for extra protection that's not quite as thick, but honestly I don't think it's necessary when double boxing.

My personal opinion - after doing Aria's GB #1. You don't need that thick foam. I used the boxes Tina sent the chips in and put everything else in Flat Rate Padded mailers that you can get by the hundreds for FREE from the Post office. You can put 4 or 5 of the 25 chip rolls side by side in the padded mailer, then roll it up and seal it. Then I bought a couple of large rolls of brown kraft packing paper to put between the Tina boxes and the Flat Rate boxes. Just enough to give a little cushion. And I double boxed per the method I learned from another group buy. There's a tutorial in here on how to double box. If you don't know how, I'll look for it and link it here.

I feel like that thick foam may reduce the numbers of chips you can get into a MFRB (up to 650) or a LFRB (900) You can also lay out a padded mailer on the bottom and top of the flat rate box for extra protection that's not quite as thick, but honestly I don't think it's necessary when double boxing.

Thanks! I plan on double boxing all the MFRBs. The last group buy I did I reused the Tina boxes, and it worked great. Was going to use this foam to fill in the gaps between Tina box and MFRB. Will be good for the ones that ordered <500

I already placed my USPS order for 100 MFRB, SFRB, and bubble mailers. Can't wait to get started!

Thanks! I plan on double boxing all the MFRBs. The last group buy I did I reused the Tina boxes, and it worked great. Was going to use this foam to fill in the gaps between Tina box and MFRB. Will be good for the ones that ordered <500

I already placed my USPS order for 100 MFRB, SFRB, and bubble mailers. Can't wait to get started!
Sounds like you have it covered. Good luck! It's a lot of work, but honestly I found it to be rewarding. And yeah, for filler on orders that don't completely fill the box, that foam will be great.

Have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom