GB Completed Art-Supplied Cards Mold Group Buy (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of us right now
1655465444664.gif

Newbie question. Once we receive these chips, do they need to be cleaned? wiped? oiled?
Or they are at their best as-is?

Hey @dmoney and @perfectjawnz … some of the edge wording of “YOWDY” are printed backwards on some your 5¢ chips. Error?

The stack on the left with the check mark is correct (stack is just upside down).

The other two stacks that I can read (and circled) seem to have it mirror-reversed.
damn, thanks for catching that - could you ask tina about it? @dmoney

damn, thanks for catching that - could you ask tina about it? @dmoney

Be aware, it may be tricky to explain to her…

YOWDY almost looks like a palindrome, and I’d expect Tina may not be totally fluent in English character recognition.

“D” and “O” look very similar. I know that I wouldn’t recognize if a Chinese character were printed forward or reversed!

Makes me wonder if they’ll inspect EVERY chip that closely, or just chuck ‘em and reprint the whole lot?

Maybe worth it to get clear side shots of every stack for final proofing… ?

Last edited:
I mean they're already printed.... it would be a shame to throw them away, right? tina should just ship me the good chips and the bad ones :sneaky:

This a tiny tiny bit off the important issues at hand but I just got a few barrels of $20s & $100s of the Aria’s card molds for value chips to my house mold $1s limit set.

I don’t think pictures do these chip any justice. Holy hell. I’ll definitely be going for a set of those next time.

Have them make more quarters to fill out the rack, bring them to the states with the rest of the order, and you should be able to find a buyer, and if not...maybe I'll make another friend to give these to. I actually already have one in mind.
They are error chips, so "make more" doesn't seem like an option, and I don’t really want to get more involved than take-it-or-leave-it.
I know I'm WAY LATE to this conversation. It's hell being off the site for a week and a half then trying to play catchup with all my favorite threads. Good to see this one is going well!

I suspect when Tina says they are errors, she just means the customer wanted something changed after they were made up. If whoever buys them wants more of the quarters, I can't believe that would be any big issue to Tina. Although I'm sure she would then want full price for any additional chips made. Anyway, I still have 3 more pages to read, so maybe this has already been resolved. Hope so! And thanks again Dallas for all your work on this! Fantastic GB!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom