GB Completed Art-Supplied Cards Mold Group Buy (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody know the difference between "Poker Chip rack" for 1.99 and "Chipco Poker Chip Rack" for 2.99 on apachepokerchips? Are both fine for cards molds?

Anybody know the difference between "Poker Chip rack" for 1.99 and "Chipco Poker Chip Rack" for 2.99 on apachepokerchips? Are both fine for cards molds?
I would think that the cheaper rack would be a generic Chinese made rack which is typically a lot looser. For CM chips, you should absolutely go with chipcos since they seem to hold the chips as tight as any rack I've seen.

With that said you could definitely go with the cheaper racks and purchase a spacer from 3D3P, or just use like a foam circle as a spacer.

No racks around unfortunately, this is my first set of chips outside of dice chips haha
Just praying to god that I'm happy enough with these and don't get sucked into the world of clay chips (I say as I currently shuffle my Majestic star barrel)

Any 66.7mm rack work best… ones from Spinettis are the ones most often referred to here, but have heard good things about Chipcos, too.

Personally, I have a work-around for my current racks.

I use the inexpensive Brybelly racks and place an old poker chip at one end. I’ve got several hundred of these old chips which are basically a 39 mm “blank”

Snug enough for my needs and now I can’t accidentally slip 21 cards mold into a row.
8E4F7E94-7C5B-4019-8C89-CE140C4F95B1.jpegAA6D284C-BF73-4514-9BEC-B52E137B249F.jpeg

I use the inexpensive Brybelly racks and place an old poker chip at one end. I’ve got several hundred of these old chips which are basically a 39 mm “blank”
Yup; the Chipcos work pretty well if you have them. There isn't space for another whole chip, but the stacks do move a little bit. Either with the cheap no-name versions, the versions from spinetti's, or the chipcos, you can always find a way to find something to jam in there.

If it's a really loose rack, then using a chip is perfectly acceptable. Official plastic chip spacers that dealers use are also a good choice.

If you buy airtight containers, then the circular insert that you punch out of the foam is also a good choice.

16571447143181525386460765168805.jpg

But, if you know me then you know that I've absolutely printed my own spacer :)

Screenshot_20220706-180125.png

Yeah, I'm aware that 66.7 racks are what you're looking for, Apache has 2 different racks (both 66.7) which is why I thought I'd ask here. Spinettis will be about 50% more than the Apaches w/ shipping cost too, else I'd just go Spinetti.

Link, please.
68mm racks

here is the link to what I bought on the Canadian site. It lists them as unavailable currently perhaps they are available on the US site. I believe they are fulfilled by Brybelly Games which is a US company. A pack of 10 was ~ $16-18 bucks Canadian I have at least 70 of these racks and would buy them again. I wrote a review on them here

they fit used HSI's well with very slight room but no chance at 21 chps, Cards mold perfectly and CPC's snug and tight. 70mm racks are too big for almost everything except slugged 14g chips.

68mm racks

here is the link to what I bought on the Canadian site. It lists them as unavailable currently perhaps they are available on the US site. I believe they are fulfilled by Brybelly Games which is a US company. A pack of 10 was ~ $16-18 bucks Canadian I have at least 70 of these racks and would buy them again. I wrote a review on them here

they fit used HSI's well with very slight room but no chance at 21 chps, Cards mold perfectly and CPC's snug and tight. 70mm racks are too big for almost everything except slugged 14g chips.
https://www.amazon.com/Brybelly-Clear-Acrylic-Trays-Pack-10/dp/B008X9I958?ref_=ast_sto_dp

I think these are the same ones - I'll probably buy em and see how they work

Thanks @philhut and @perfectjawnz
I thought I bought these at my last purchase of racks from them but must’ve gotten their “standard” 70 mm racks instead.

I’ll keep my eyes open for these to be back in stock… I need 14.

My understanding is that there won’t be updates to the tracking links until the chips arrive stateside.

We're all waiting. We have UPS tracking but it doesn’t update until the chips get to the USA. So they’ve been shipped, are insured, and are en route via boat from China to USA. I’m expecting the chips to be delivered to @Pinesol13 in mid-August to early September, estimating 5-8 weeks from now.

68mm racks

In my opinion, 68mm is a little too big for cards mold. All my cards mold barrels measure 65.5mm so that's quite a bit of wiggle room. If you want the very best fit, buy the 66.7mm racks that Spinettis sells. But they are a little more expensive.

In my opinion, 68mm is a little too big for cards mold. All my cards mold barrels measure 65.5mm so that's quite a bit of wiggle room. If you want the very best fit, buy the 66.7mm racks that Spinettis sells. But they are a little more expensive.
My chips are Feburary 2020 "Anita's" cards mold. The 68mm works great for my chips. Perhaps the blanks have changed or vary in width.

https://www.amazon.com/Brybelly-Clear-Acrylic-Trays-Pack-10/dp/B008X9I958?ref_=ast_sto_dp

If it doesnt say 68mm you will likely receive 70mm racks. the 2mm difference is quite noticeable when a 68mm is layed over top of a 70mm. I marked the 10x70mm racks I have with 70 on each end so I know they dont generally belong with what I own. Other than the slugged chips they will allow 21 used HSI 5's in several barrels and wobbly for everything else. Both the 68mm and 70mm racks have "made in China" on the mold in the centre barrel, so the only way to know which is which is comparison or measuring.

If it doesnt say 68mm you will likely receive 70mm racks. the 2mm difference is quite noticeable when a 68mm is layed over top of a 70mm. I marked the 10x70mm racks I have with 70 on each end so I know they dont generally belong with what I own. Other than the slugged chips they will allow 21 used HSI 5's in several barrels and wobbly for everything else. Both the 68mm and 70mm racks have "made in China" on the mold in the centre barrel, so the only way to know which is which is comparison or measuring.

My chips are Feburary 2020 "Anita's" cards mold. The 68mm works great for my chips. Perhaps the blanks have changed or vary in width.
I'm not participating in this GB, but I have been involved and advising Dallas from the start, so I'm pretty confident these chips are coming from Tina. Therefore any chips bought from Anita would be irrelevant to those who are buying chips in this GB. Actually, its pretty irresponsible for you to advise others in this GB based on chips you bought from Anita, don't you think? Especially if they are anywhere close to 68mm per barrel. All my cards mold chips came from Tina GBs, going all the way back to the first big cards mold GB that @SeanGecko ran.

I can categorically tell everyone here that all past Tina cards mold chips will fit VERY loose in a 68mm rack. End of story.

While we're talking racks, does anyone have any suggestions for ones that are good for 43mm Cards Mold?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom