Are hot dogs (in buns) sandwiches? (4 Viewers)

Are hot dogs (in buns) sandwiches?

• Yes

Votes: 110 41.7%
  • No

Votes: 154 58.3%

• Total voters
New inlaid solid tourney set I'm working on

b787bb29-2342-468a-ac48-96c101167836.png

I never paid attention to this thread, Colbert asked Ruth Bader Ginsburg about it last night. "Is a hot dog a sandwich?", and I immediately thought about this thread.

As long as this debate is stretching to infinity... Are skinless hot dogs sausages?
I say no because the formal definition of sausage explicitly mentions it having a skin:

a cylindrical length of minced and seasoned pork, beef, or other meat encased in a skin, typically sold raw to be grilled, boiled, or fried before eating.

As long as this debate is stretching to infinity... Are skinless hot dogs sausages?
I say no because the formal definition of sausage explicitly mentions it having a skin:

a cylindrical length of minced and seasoned pork, beef, or other meat encased in a skin, typically sold raw to be grilled, boiled, or fried before eating.
They are sausages because they are made in a skin (usually foodsafe plastic), which is removed once cooked/cured and packaged.

They are sausages because they are made in a skin (usually foodsafe plastic), which is removed once cooked/cured and packaged.
The definition is explicit that the sausage must be encased in a skin. Not formed in one and removed. With no encasing you have ground meat.

The definition is explicit that the sausage must be encased in a skin. Not formed in one and removed. With no encasing you have ground meat.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sausage
Merriam Webster says “usually”
Not explicit.
Of course hot dogs are sausages.

Definition of sausage
: a highly seasoned minced meat (such as pork) usually stuffed in casings of prepared animal intestine; also : a link or patty of sausage

I haven't watched it yet, but the idea is pure genius.

I'd probably jump three feet in the air. And then (hopefully) laugh and ask for some onions.

How about this delicious (and ironic) BLT?

0cdbbb7c3f007c093087370ff72e2e34.jpg
First of all, let me say that this thread is fantastic!

If you put a Hebrew National frank in between two pieces of matzah, is it a sandwich?

Over on The Gear Page (guitars and stuff), there was an ongoing argument about whether a hamburger was a sandwich. Lots of ill will, and possibly some bannings over it! :D

I do not trust any American dictionary as the language wasn't invented here.

Oxford dictionary: "sandwich; noun: An item of food consisting of two pieces of bread with a filling between them, eaten as a light meal".

Oxford dictionary: "sandwich; noun: An item of food consisting of two pieces of bread with a filling between them, eaten as a light meal".

Obviously the below is 100% a sandwich, but it would be very hard to argue that it's a light meal.

1537283074932.png

Define 'bread'.

Bread - Food made of flour, water, and yeast mixed together and baked.
Filling - An edible substance placed between the layers of a sandwich, cake, or other foodstuff.

Foodstuff - stuff made of food

So Spaghettio sandwich checks out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom